SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the fact the Sioux are now tied with CC doesn't cause the Sioux to feel comfortable again. I think they really need to get that Friday game, because the Sioux don't need to give CC any confidence when they have lost some recently. If CC won on Friday their confidence would be up and they would smell home ice the following night. I really hope the Sioux look at this as an opportunity to keep their pairwise ranking and gaining home ice at the same time.

I really hope the Sioux look at this as an opportunity to keep their pairwise ranking and gaining home ice at the same time.

They better because even if they end up sweeping MTU the last series of the year, their Pairwise will likely drop.

does cc even have a tv deal? i dont remember them on much over the years.

They have a handful of games televised on the local CW channel in Colorado Springs, but VERY few. So, no they don't really have a TV deal. Some think FS-RM does some of their games, but they are strictly DU's station now.

does cc even have a tv deal? i dont remember them on much over the years.

Occasionally they've been on FOXRM over the years, for games other than vs. Denver. At least one of the Gopher games was on RM, but I didn't check if was just the Gopher broadcast they picked up; would guess it was.

brads update

Weekly Wednesday update

With no injuries to closely follow, other than the gradual progress of Chay Genoway (who has worked out now) there weren't many pressing updates from today's weekly press conference.

Subjects of discussion included the Olympics, Brett Hextall, Colorado College's speed and the WCHA race for fifth place and the final home-ice spot in the playoffs. There will be a story about Hextall in Thursday's Herald and a Q&A with Jake Marto in Friday's.

Marto is hoping his Central Knights win their first state title since his junior year, when he helped them to a 3-2 victory over Fargo South.

There have been a few e-mails about WCHA tiebreaking scenarios. Here's what they are:

1. Head to head.

2. Most conference wins.

3. If a four-game series was played between the teams, the tiebreaker goes to the team with the fewest goals against in head-to-head games. If only two games were played, go on to No. 4.

4. Goal differential in all conference games.

Incase you're looking all the way down to No. 4 (since UND and CC have identical records and No. 3 wouldn't apply if they split this weekend), here's what the current goal differentials are in league play:

1. Wisconsin +31

2. UND +21

2. DU +21

4. SCSU +10

5. Duluth +9

6. CC +8

7. Minn +2

8. Mank -16

9. UAA -38

10. Tech -48

Did anyone else read Teresa Spisak's latest pile of crap on USCHO yet? Her article is about head injuries, and says that Corban Knight elbowed Connolly in the head and gave him a black eye when his head hit the glass "even though the video replay didn't clearly show it". :silly:

Wow....what video was she looking at? Nice speculation...that video showed nothing of the sort. And as I stated in another thread, his black eye could have come anytime. There's no way she could prove that it came from that check.

That really pi$$es me off. I'm not a member over there (after getting booted years ago), or I would have let her have it...so hopefully one of you that is on USCHO will take care of it...What a crock! :D

Did anyone else read Teresa Spisak's latest pile of crap on USCHO yet? Her article is about head injuries, and says that Corban Knight elbowed Connolly in the head and gave him a black eye when his head hit the glass "even though the video replay didn't clearly show it". :silly:

Wow....what video was she looking at? Nice speculation...that video showed nothing of the sort. And as I stated in another thread, his black eye could have come anytime. There's no way she could prove that it came from that check.

That really pi$$es me off. I'm not a member over there (after getting booted years ago), or I would have let her have it...so hopefully one of you that is on USCHO will take care of it...What a crock! :D

Notice use of the word APPARENTLY in the text of the article. She's not saying that it for sure happened that way. She's saying there's "talk" that that is how it happened. I don't understand why you're so angry about what the article said. She said the video wasn't clear. What are you expecting her to say? That it obviously didn't happen? Video was inconclusive, so she's just stating what has been speculated, and I see nothing wrong with that and I don't know why anyone else would be angry about what she said.

Done.