SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday Night vs. Duluth

siouxforeverbaby

He was talkign about the 14 minutes that both Lammy and Marvin sat out during the game.

Speaking of Marvin.... Sounds like he took out Blake Geoffion with a hit to the head in the second period tonight, and Geoffrion didn't return. Badger peeps said it was real cheap, while Huskies think he deserves Obama's Nobel Peace Prize... I didn't see it, so hopefully there will be a video up on youtube soon....

Lammy gets 2 goals and is named First Star of the Game coming back from double secret probation. How sweet is that!

It was a very special night at the Ralph with the sweep and the homecoming celebration for our last national championship team. The notes from Travis Roche and Scorin' Goren were especially touching. But what became of Matt Greene? Where was he?

Speaking of Marvin.... Sounds like he took out Blake Geoffion with a hit to the head in the second period tonight, and Geoffrion didn't return. Badger peeps said it was real cheap, while Huskies think he deserves Obama's Nobel Peace Prize... I didn't see it, so hopefully there will be a video up on youtube soon....

I follow Blake on Twitter. I'll ask him what he thinks :D

haha.

JEEZ! I hope the video does go up, I just can't believe that guy...

Lammy gets 2 goals and is named First Star of the Game coming back from double secret probation. How sweet is that!

It was a very special night at the Ralph with the sweep and the homecoming celebration for our last national championship team. The notes from Travis Roche and Scorin' Goren were especially touching. But what became of Matt Greene? Where was he?

Matt Greene said he wasn't going to be at the game tonight as he was leaving town but would be back in town for the after party on Sunday. :D

ice fishing...he hadn't been yet this winter and couldn't wait to go last night....either that or his gf didn't want to chance him disappearing to the press box again.

He was going to do a little ice fishing so he was only at Fridays game.

Sweeney just said it wasn't.

I believe they have a crappy webcast though with a floating Tiger head.

Not on FSSN, as of now. But that could all change. The St. Cloud games weren't supposed to be on either (I know...they were only on MIDCO). I believe FSRocky Mt. is involved with CC, isn't it?

Great weekend for the sioux! All the cards went the right direction. The sioux win three of their last four and they've got home ice in the playoffs. I knew that the gophs would take it to CC this weekend, just had that feeling....

Must split at CC! Must split at CC!!!!!

He's such a piece of work. Over on the USCHO forum a BADger fan said he ref (B Sheppard or T Anderson) said they didn't call contact to the head because he hit him in the face.

Just when you think the WCHA officials can't get any more stupid.

He's such a piece of work. Over on the USCHO forum a BADger fan said he ref (B Sheppard or T Anderson) said they didn't call contact to the head because he hit him in the face.

You're kidding. There's GOT to be more to the story.

Things are starting to fall into place for us to make the patented Hakstol Second Half Surge. CC is starting to crumble down the stretch like always and with a sweep next weekend we'll have a four point lead on them. We are putting together solid 60 minute games. Duluth plays Rodentia next weekend and hopefully the Dogs can keep the Rodents off of our backs in the standings. And we finish the regular season with last place Michigan Tech at home. Everything is in place for us to get home ice and get to the Final Five and keep improving our Pairwise Ranking. All we have to do is keep winning. GO SIOUX!!!

What a cheap hack! If he keeps this up, he'll have a big target on his head every week. The problem is, the league has been very reluctant to take action against stuff like this, so Marvin has a blank check to do whatever he wants. :D

Not on FSSN, as of now. But that could all change. The St. Cloud games weren't supposed to be on either (I know...they were only on MIDCO). I believe FSRocky Mt. is involved with CC, isn't it?

NO. FSN RM is just DU games. They have a contract and if you've watched any of their broadcasts, they are obviously PRO-DU. Even in the DU/CC games. They are the home of "Pioneer Hockey". CC's games typically aren't televised. Maybe like 5 games are or something. So I have TV is very SLIM.

What a cheap hack! If he keeps this up, he'll have a big target on his head every week. The problem is, the league has been very reluctant to take action against stuff like this, so Marvin has a blank check to do whatever he wants. :angry:

Oh, but didn't you hear? They have to take Marvin's one game suspension already into context. :D So yes, Marvin can pretty much do whatever he wants. He already got a one game suspension, so he's filled his punishment quota.

From Jim's PWR forecast for this weekend:

Minnesota over Colorado College (sweep helps UND 1.2)

Mass.-Lowell over Maine (sweep helps UND 1.1, single win helps .76)

Miami over Nebraska-Omaha (sweep helps UND .87)

Vermont over New Hampshire (sweep helps UND .84)

Merrimack over Massachusetts (sweep helps UND .78, single win helps .63)

St. Lawrence/Clarkson over Yale (sweep helps UND .78, single win helps .61)

Step 1: Sweep UMD.

Check

UMN swept CC

UML split with Maine

Miami split with UNO

VT lost and tied against UNH

Merrimack swept UMass

Yale beat both SLU and Clarkson

All in all, definitely not a bad weekend for the Sioux, they got some good help from other schools, and most importantly...they swept the Bulldogs. :D