SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday Night vs. Duluth

siouxforeverbaby

This is extremely similar to the hit that Minnesota's Leddy took earlier this year against Alaska, except here Geoffrion had the puck while Leddy had passed the puck. Both were shoulder hits to the head because the hit player had the head down. Many saw the hit on Leddy as a legitimate hit and not dirty. Yet with Geoffrion the opinion seems different because of the history with Marvin. I am not saying whether I feel the hit was dirty or not, we just need to think about consistency. If this hit is considered dirty, so was the one on Leddy.

Just as in the case with Genoway, Marvin had plenty of time to line up a clean hit, or to not check at all, but chose not to. It no longer matters if it was unintentional or intentional, Marvin will be chastised for every questionable hit for the rest of his career due to his developing reputation. To some he has already obtained that reputation, mainly everyone except SCSU fans. I get that hockey is a brutally physical sport and injuries are common, but it sounds like this guy has been doing this since Squirts. If he keeps this up he'll have every team in the WCHA wanting to steam roll him.

This is extremely similar to the hit that Minnesota's Leddy took earlier this year against Alaska, except here Geoffrion had the puck while Leddy had passed the puck. Both were shoulder hits to the head because the hit player had the head down. Many saw the hit on Leddy as a legitimate hit and not dirty. Yet with Geoffrion the opinion seems different because of the history with Marvin. I am not saying whether I feel the hit was dirty or not, we just need to think about consistency. If this hit is considered dirty, so was the one on Leddy.

I think the Leddy hit had more to do with the height disadvantage between Portwood and Leddy. This one is more deliberate.

I think the hit on Geoffrion was pretty much legal...but of course, the player in question just had to be Marvin.

If this were a Sioux player like Hextall, or back in the day Mike Prpich, and there were 2 hits during the course of the season like this, everyone would be out for his head and be calling for season suspensions.