AZSIOUX

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a long article but read this

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/5657

This guy is a horrible human being. This quote seems to sum up McLeod:

"McLeod shook his finger at a room full of teachers, doctors, and other professionals and told us 'I'm going to do what I'm going to do. I'm not afraid of any of you in here,'" Paddock said of McLeod. "'Go ahead, bring it on. I don't care what you do, I don't care who you call. You can call anyone you want -- bring it on.'"

Mods: Do you think this conversation warrants a "split" from this thread?

Simply F'ing amazing! I always knew McLeod was a dousche (and that's putting it lightly) but never had any clue it was this bad.

On a bit of a tangent...I'd like to see an article like this done about hockey at NDSU. Reading this brings up some eerily similar circumstances...I'm guessing there were some "secret" meetings on squashing hockey there back in the late '80's/early '90's.

with all the characters in this story and the complex web of deceit and manipulation, this really could make for a great movie plot. just think, if the movie did well enough, the whole country could know what a loser bruce mcleod is, which would make me feel a little better each time he screwed over our team.

Yes.

And the use of the word "stole" seems inappropriate.

cause when you're forced to pay back money you illegally "borrowed" from the taxpayers, rather than going to prison as you should, then it's not called stealing, right?

actually, no, it's still stealing.

so i'd say stole is not only the appropriate word, but the only accurate word.

Not sure where to post this, but per Brad's blog an hour ago: Chay works out

http://www.grandforksherald.com/pages/areavoices

Could get interesting down the stretch...if he's game ready do we use him or redshirt him to get a whole season from him next year?

Great to hear for Chay...not just hockey, but in general.

It would probably take him awhile to get back into game shape...3 months off is quite a long time.

Not sure where to post this, but per Brad's blog an hour ago: Chay works out

http://www.grandforksherald.com/pages/areavoices

Could get interesting down the stretch...if he's game ready do we use him or redshirt him to get a whole season from him next year?

that is a tough call. i mean, if he's ready to go and can compete at the high level he expects of himself, then we could sure use him. at the same time, if he's not ready to perform at his peak, then we lose any chance of getting him back next year if we play him this year.

if i were the coach, i'd ask him to evaluate himself and tell me if he feels he can compete at a level worthy of his potential. if he says he can, put him in. if he's not fully confident that he's at that point yet, then try for a medical hardship and hope to have him ready to play next year.

athletes at his level know themselves and they know their bodies. i'd trust him to know what's best for himself.

that is a tough call. i mean, if he's ready to go and can compete at the high level he expects of himself, then we could sure use him. at the same time, if he's not ready to perform at his peak, then we lose any chance of getting him back next year if we play him this year.

if i were the coach, i'd ask him to evaluate himself and tell me if he feels he can compete at a level worthy of his potential. if he says he can, put him in. if he's not fully confident that he's at that point yet, then try for a medical hardship and hope to have him ready to play next year.

athletes at his level know themselves and they know their bodies. i'd trust him to know what's best for himself.

I think it goes back to if he doesn't feel the effects of the concussion at the end of the season doesn't that mean he can't get a red shirt?

I remember a few statements to this effect.

I think it goes back to if he doesn't feel the effects of the concussion at the end of the season doesn't that mean he can't get a red shirt?

I'd love to see Chay back next year, but who knows what his plans are? Whatever he decides to do is ok with me.

Brad reported that Cichy will be taking Mario's spot tonight against UMD.

Cichy got it over Toews.

I'm a little surprised that Toews hasn't played more recently. He has really progressed since last year IMO.

Wonder if he is nicked up? That fact that Bruno and Cichy are playing tonight in front of him doesn't make sense on the surface.

i'm ignorant to all these rules. however, if what you've stated is the case, then, if necessary, a little acting on chay's part shouldn't be too tough; provided he even wants to come back next year.

Toews will be playing won't he? Maybe Hak doesn't want to shake up that line?

From Brad:

He said that Mike Cichy will be the guy replacing Mario Lamoureux in the lineup tonight. The coaches were deciding between Cichy and David Toews. The decision to go with Cichy was a "gut feeling," Hakstol said. He said that this is a big game for Cichy. It's his chance to try to earn a lineup spot for the stretch run.