SiouxSports.com Forum

Most B O R I N G team in Sioux history

Ole in MSP

I am not going to watch this team any more this season. They are totally boring. If I were still a student I think I would go to the library and study. Don't make any reservations for St Paul. I doubt if they will be there this year. Cannot wait til FB season.

Settle down Francis!

You will likely be back when they win 5-2 on Sat. No matter what happens I will always watch, cheer, and support the Sioux!

I am not going to watch this team any more this season. They are totally boring. If I were still a student I think I would go to the library and study. Don't make any reservations for St Paul. I doubt if they will be there this year. Cannot wait til FB season.

Good riddance.

Who needs ya? Not us fans around here that's who. See ya quiter.

Good don't watch and please refrain from posting so I don't have to use my "block" option for the first time

Wow! Talk about your fair-weathered friends!! Bye-Bye and no great loss!

I am just amazed at how if you are critical of the team or coaches you are not a fan. Why can't we criticize the team or the coaches when we're not happy with how it's going? I am tired of watching this team come up short but I'm still watching. I've missed about 5 games in the last 20 years so have taken the good with the bad and haven't exited the bandwagon yet, but I'm not happy with what I'm seeing and I don't feel it's wrong to say so. Personally I'd like to see a more open style of hockey like Blais and Gasparini had when they were here. Were they perfect; hell no. Did they stand to be criticized when warranted; well by-gosh I think so. Does Hak need to hear about it when we're not happy; by-gosh I think so. How about the players, they are known to read these boards...do you think they stand to hear from the fans. If it were me I would just be more fired up to prove the poster's wrong. I don't believe Hak is getting all the offense out of these kids they are capable of. Yes, he develops players for the pros but I'm not worried about the pros, I want the school to win. People around these parts are becoming content with becoming the new gophers prior to Lucia coming in (and not so hot lately either). With Woog they always got there and always choked (aka the Golden Chokers). Are we fans supposed to be happy just getting there now? I don't think so...we want to win when we get there and Pro player development be damned. I for one would like to see Hak and Co. open it up a little more. Where's the speed of Danny Kristo we saw at the WJC's? Why don't I see that kind of speed out of him here? I'd like an answer to that. I have a theory, but I'm sure I'd get pounded into submission if I postulate it. How did we lose with 6 seconds on the clock against NH last year? Take a look at the injured players Hak had out on the ice and you'll know why. Why weren't they instructed to tackle them......lots of questions. Why is Dell the one to be pulled out when he gives up a few and when Eids is having a bad night (Minny) Hak leaves him in. Ok, I've said a few things I'm sure I'll get pounded on for but I want this team to win another NC and I'm not seeing it happen the way things are going. I also understand this is a young team but that doesn't explain the lack of showing up in some of the Frozen Fours we've participated in. Hak is a decent coach but I don't believe his style bodes well in the big game or for the future of this program. And yes, it would help if someone would put the puck in the net! Ok, blast away...I'm tired of whining and your all probably tired of hearing it.

...Does Hak need to hear about it when we're not happy; by-gosh I think so. How about the players, they are known to read these boards...do you think they stand to hear from the fans...

You don't think Hak and the players know their fans are upset?

Don't you think Hak and players are angry at their own record?

By all means, then, let them know "we're" unhappy.

I'll bet they'll be surprised.

You don't think Hak and the players know their fans are upset?

Don't you think Hak and players are angry at their own record?

By all means, then, let them know "we're" unhappy.

I'll bet they'll be surprised.

You are such a wise man; a sage almost. But I didn't say much about their record...more to the style of hockey that's being played and how they've done in the big games over the past 5 years. The way people around here try to stay so positive it sounds to me like they are happy with the status quo.....that just getting there is the feat in and of itself! I remember back when our winning percentage in the NCAA's was over 70% and we showed up for big games. I'm not seeing that under this regime. Just my two cents and being it's not glowingly positive I guess I should have kept that to myself.....

You are such a wise man; a sage almost. But I didn't say much about their record...more to the style of hockey that's being played and how they've done in the big games over the past 5 years. The way people around here try to stay so positive it sounds to me like they are happy with the status quo.....that just getting there is the feat in and of itself! I remember back when our winning percentage in the NCAA's was over 70% and we showed up for big games. I'm not seeing that under this regime. Just my two cents and being it's not glowingly positive I guess I should have kept that to myself.....

You can still be upset with a team and remain positive. In no way does that mean you are happy with the status quo. It all depends on how you deal with adversity, do you look to the future or dwell on the past? That being a retorhical question.

You can still be upset with a team and remain positive. In no way does that mean you are happy with the status quo. It all depends on how you deal with adversity, do you look to the future or dwell on the past? That being a retorhical question.

Agreed. I don't think anyone is happy about the season thus far, but changes at the top are not even close to being in order yet. Look forward to seeing the games against Duluth and hopefully the Final Five. Just get into the field of 16, and who knows what can happen?

I apologize that I try not to be a negative nelly and remain positive when our team does still have a chance. Here, "THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! OUR HOCKEY TEAM WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME AND WE MIGHT AS WELL CLOSE THE RALPH DOWN AND LOCK THE DOORS!" You want me to say that I am not happy with our teams performance, fine I am not happy with them. But I have every right to try to remain positive and see the glass as half full and not half empty.

Just because this team is not like the other teams doesn't mean that they are never going to do anything. College Hockey is not what it used to be and it is unrealistic to say that our team should perform like the teams of (enter years here).

Just my two cents.

I apologize that I try not to be a negative nelly and remain positive when our team does still have a chance. Here, "THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! OUR HOCKEY TEAM WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME AND WE MIGHT AS WELL CLOSE THE RALPH DOWN AND LOCK THE DOORS!" You want me to say that I am not happy with our teams performance, fine I am not happy with them. But I have every right to try to remain positive and see the glass as half full and not half empty.

Just because this team is not like the other teams doesn't mean that they are never going to do anything. College Hockey is not what it used to be and it is unrealistic to say that our team should perform like the teams of (enter years here).

Just my two cents.

Who said the team wouldn't win another game? I'd be shocked to see another NC under the current coaching staff , but we'll be a decent team...if that's good enough for ya'll then so be it. "Close the Ralph and lock the doors" was gleaned from "But I didn't say much about their record...more to the style of hockey that's being played and how they've done in the big games over the past 5 years. The way people around here try to stay so positive it sounds to me like they are happy with the status quo". Like I said earlier, don't question the methods of the coaching staff or say anything negative about their results...they're untouchable. I will continue to question them until they prove me wrong, and I won't apologize for it.

Who said the team wouldn't win another game? I'd be shocked to see another NC under the current coaching staff , but we'll be a decent team...if that's good enough for ya'll then so be it. "Close the Ralph and lock the doors" was gleaned from "But I didn't say much about their record...more to the style of hockey that's being played and how they've done in the big games over the past 5 years. The way people around here try to stay so positive it sounds to me like they are happy with the status quo". Like I said earlier, don't question the methods of the coaching staff or say anything negative about their results...they're untouchable. I will continue to question them until they prove me wrong, and I won't apologize for it.

You completely missed the point of my post and part of that is probably my fault. It was a sarcastic/trying to be funny way of saying that just because someone is trying to be positive does not mean that they are happy with the status quo. Trying to be positive is some people's way of making it through life in one piece. You can't know if we will see another NC under this team. I believe it was the 2000 team that was supposed to be the mediocore team and not do anything and yet they won the NC...and the 2001 team who was supposed to win it all did not.

I am not asking that you apologize for questioning the coaching staff, all that I am asking is that you don't tell the rest of us that we are wrong for trying to be positive...Even if I am being positive, that doesn't mean that I am not questioning our team and our coaching staff...it means that I am trying to be positive and that is it.

You completely missed the point of my post and part of that is probably my fault. It was a sarcastic/trying to be funny way of saying that just because someone is trying to be positive does not mean that they are happy with the status quo. Trying to be positive is some people's way of making it through life in one piece. You can't know if we will see another NC under this team. I believe it was the 2000 team that was supposed to be the mediocore team and not do anything and yet they won the NC...and the 2001 team who was supposed to win it all did not.

I am not asking that you apologize for questioning the coaching staff, all that I am asking is that you don't tell the rest of us that we are wrong for trying to be positive...Even if I am being positive, that doesn't mean that I am not questioning our team and our coaching staff...it means that I am trying to be positive and that is it.

Yup, you're right...I completely missed it. And maybe I am a bit negative. But that's only because it does mean a lot to me...maybe more than it should. That said, Go Sioux!

Yup, you're right...I completely missed it. And maybe I am a bit negative. But that's only because it does mean a lot to me...maybe more than it should. That said, Go Sioux!

No worries, I had the same feelings towards Hot Pockets a few years back! :D