SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamoureux Family in Sports Illustrated

AZSIOUX

lamoureux - SI

GRAND FORKS, N.D.--The newest edition of Sports Illustrated that hits newstands tomorrow includes an expansive and fascinating feature article on the Lamoureux family, five of whom have direct ties to the Fighting Sioux: sophomore forwards and 2010 U.S. Oympians Jocelyne and Monique, Sioux's men's sophomore Mario Lamoureux, men's student-assistant coach Pierre-Paul Lamoureux, former Sioux goalie and Hobey Baker finalist Jean-Philippe Lamoureux, their father and former Sioux goalie Pierre, as well as Air Force junior forward Jacques and their mother, Linda.

NBZJASTVNEORFWK.20100126213919.jpg

Would you please straighten all of us out and give is the 'real' story? I'm assuming since you've already called the Lamoureaux family a bunch of drunks (except their mom) that you'll have no problem in telling us the rest of what you know.

The only story we need to know about the Lamoureaux family is the same one about any hockey (celebrity) player and that's what they do on the ice. The rest is none of our business. Sour grapes, etc.......

*This isn't directed at you, Ray.*

i think that jim or whomever deleted his previous posts and responses related to it made it clear that it should not be part of the discussion. if detroit has a personal agenda against the lamoureaux family, this is not the place to discuss it.

Sorry, though we have communicated with the people involved, we probably should have made a general post because a lot of people have noticed that some posts have been removed from this thread.

Posts that are defaming in regard to people's private lives (even for public figures) are not permitted. nodak is absolutely right that whatever personal issues anyone has with some public figures is not a suitable topic for discussion.

Sorry, though we have communicated with the people involved, we probably should have made a general post because a lot of people have noticed that some posts have been removed from this thread.

Posts that are defaming in regard to people's private lives (even for public figures) are not permitted. nodak is absolutely right that whatever personal issues anyone has with some public figures is not a suitable topic for discussion.

I hope nobody felt that I crossed any lines here...and if so, I apologize. I guess I just felt it was wrong for someone to call the Lamoureaux family a bunch of drunks. Heck, you don't have to like Pierre or anyone else in their family if you don't want to...I really don't care...but to call them out like that on a Sioux message board was out of line.