SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING SIOUX vs UND FIGHTING IRISH

AZSIOUX

And I am not trying to be negative or a jerk. I just feel that he will give up at least 3 goals on most nights and will never win a game for us. With that said we can still win with him in the pipes but I think we need to score at least 3 or 4 goals. I think last year we had a great record if we scored like 3 or 4 goals a game. It just is what it is.

I don't think that his negative but its the truth, that's why Dell needs to get healthy and get in the line up against a few teams.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I am not trying to be negative or a jerk. I just feel that he will give up at least 3 goals on most nights and will never win a game for us. With that said we can still win with him in the pipes but I think we need to score at least 3 or 4 goals. I think last year we had a great record if we scored like 3 or 4 goals a game. It just is what it is.

WCHA Goaltending Trivia Question: How many goalies have had great careers that included a Sophomore slump?

Eids has also changed a lot since last year. Weight and physical makeup.

Kangas had a rough Soph. year but he is playing well with pressure from Patterson and no help from D. Stalock had a rough soph year. Its not really a myth it's somthing that happens to these young guys. First year shooters dont take them serious and second year they aren't ready for people really gunning for them. They all catch up sooner or later.

WCHA Goaltending Trivia Question: How many goalies have had great careers that included a Sophomore slump?

Eids has also changed a lot since last year. Weight and physical makeup.

Kangas had a rough Soph. year but he is playing well with pressure from Patterson and no help from D. Stalock had a rough soph year. Its not really a myth it's somthing that happens to these young guys. First year shooters dont take them serious and second year they aren't ready for people really gunning for them. They all catch up sooner or later.

I sure hope your right and this is just a phase but as Goon pointed out it maybe his style that is the problem. I am also hopeful that next year between Dell and Gothberg, Eids will need to be on his toes.

I sure hope your right and this is just a phase but as Goon pointed out it maybe his style that is the problem. I am also hopeful that next year between Dell and Gothberg, Eids will need to be on his toes.

I am patiently waiting for Gothberg but i would like to see Dell get more time. "Deserves it" has nothing to do with it. He showed that after Eids got benched he can be 'the guy' when we need him. Lets let him step in and show us. I do not like riding goalies till they crack in the national Semis against BC like a previous phenom.

I am patiently waiting for Gothberg but i would like to see Dell get more time. "Deserves it" has nothing to do with it. He showed that after Eids got benched he can be 'the guy' when we need him. Lets let him step in and show us. I do not like riding goalies till they crack in the national Semis against BC like a previous phenom.

Even the Badgers are playing two goalies this season. Chevy has looked good at times and laid some stinkers too.

Was at the game. Sioux just didn't seem to give it much effort. There were spurts of doing well but it was pretty bad overall.

The atmosphere at the Sears Center was really odd. The acoustics were weird. They seemed to have some sort of sound dampeners

in the place.

I thought Eides was supposed to be a high ranked goalie pre-Sioux? He let in some weak goals which seems to be what I have seen in

all of the games I have watched him in this season. The first goal he was standing in the net on the red line basically. The entire net

was wide open since he didn't come out at all to cut off the angle. I was amazed at how much net the Irish player had to choose from.

We do not seem like a top 10 team right now that is for sure. Everything has changed since the St. Cloud series when Chay was hurt.

Hopefully we will get it together for the 2nd half surge......

I thought Eides was supposed to be a high ranked goalie pre-Sioux? He let in some weak goals which seems to be what I have seen in all of the games I have watched him in this season.

The first and third goals for ND I wouldn't put on Eidsness' shoulders. On both of them there was a good amount of traffic in front and I'm not sure he saw either of them until it was too late.

He might want the 2nd one back since it was an unscreened shot, but it was still a wrister from in close while on a ND rush.

I don't think Eidsness played poorly at all this weekend.

He only let in the one goal against Niagara...from a scramble in front with players whacking at the puck...and played decent against ND IMO.

Too much negativity on this board. :)

Would I rather the Sioux have won tonight? For sure. But I would still take our OOC record this season instead of what it was at this point last season. They are undefeated in NC play. Not many teams can say that, and it will help them greatly come PWR time at the end of the season. A win or two against Cornell would help as well. :D

The first and third goals for ND I wouldn't put on Eidsness' shoulders. On both of them there was a good amount of traffic in front and I'm not sure he saw either of them until it was too late.

He might want the 2nd one back since it was an unscreened shot, but it was still a wrister from in close while on a ND rush.

I don't think Eidsness played poorly at all this weekend.

He only let in the one goal against Niagara...from a scramble in front with players whacking at the puck...and played decent against ND IMO.

Too much negativity on this board. :D

Would I rather the Sioux have won tonight? For sure. But I would still take our OOC record this season instead of what it was at this point last season. They are undefeated in NC play. Not many teams can say that, and it will help them greatly come PWR time at the end of the season. A win or two against Cornell would help as well. :glare:

You said it!

I'm not willing to live in a world of doom and gloom.

Things could be better, but they sure as hell could be worse also. Moving on.... bring on 'Kato! :)

At some point, some people need to understand this team is what it is and stop sugar-coating things. This is a solid college hockey team...not great. They lack snipers and finishers. Goaltending is solid, but you're not gonna get a 40+ save, steal agame from anyone in net. Injuries are part of the game. Enough of "if Chay was back", "if...". Maybe at some point UND will have a full squad, but right now they don't. They can't play with a 2 goal lead. They can't win a 1 goal game. When you add all this up at the current stage of this season, we have a good college hockey team that has some glaring issues that are consistanly evident almost every time out. Time to give up...no, but also time to take this team for what it is at this point and put away the green tinted glasses and stop with the what ifs!

At some point, some people need to understand this team is what it is and stop sugar-coating things. This is a solid college hockey team...not great.

This year is very weird in college hockey. There are not too many "dominant" teams...just Miami and Denver come to mind. Ever other top team has shown weaknesses. At this point in the season, I wouldn't want to lay a bet for the NC simply because it could be anyone winning the title.

I will say this though...this Sioux team will be a scary team to play come Feb/March/Apr (?) once Kristo/Genoway/Zajac come back and if they can start firing on all cylinders and maintaining a lead. Sorry for the "if". :)

This year is very weird in college hockey. There are not too many "dominant" teams...just Miami and Denver come to mind. Ever other top team has shown weaknesses. At this point in the season, I wouldn't want to lay a bet for the NC simply because it could be anyone winning the title.

I will say this though...this Sioux team will be a scary team to play come Feb/March/Apr (?) once Kristo/Genoway/Zajac come back and if they can start firing on all cylinders and maintaining a lead. Sorry for the "if". :)

the only problem with your if is if genoway comes back this year.

the only problem with your if is if genoway comes back this year.

If Genoway comes back this year...

The big question.

If he does, then we're set.

If he doesn't (and he comes back for next season), then next year will be a stacked, loaded (almost too loaded with # of players) team capable of winning it all. This year would be a question mark.

Brianvf I also believe the two top teams have shown that they are beatable as well. I think this thing is wide open and if UND got hot and won it this season I wouldn't be surprised I could see a bunch of number one seeds going in the regionals again. Coach Hakstol said the team is getting there. I could see a team staying home from the Final Five and still making the NCAA tourney.

If Genoway comes back this year...

The big question.

If he does, then we're set.

If he doesn't (and he comes back for next season), then next year will be a stacked, loaded (almost too loaded with # of players) team capable of winning it all. This year would be a question mark.

if that were the case would brad label them as the greatest team ever assembled like chambers did with du this year.

I don't know if Brad is even that big of a homer. :D:)

I think as a journalist it was a silly prediction to make, he all but said they should win the tourney. That is before the puck even dropped.

Also, the Pioneers haven't had their patiented second half swoon, like they ussually do.

I think as a journalist it was a silly prediction to make, he all but said they should win the tourney. That is before the puck even dropped.

Also, the Pioneers haven't had their patiented second half swoon, like they ussually do.

Goon, you've been pretty convinced that Denver isn't going to do anything this post-season....I'm not so sure. I think they have more pieces to make a run than we do, and a little heart and desire goes a long ways. We'll see if that stacks up or not, but I'm pretty convinced they'll make a strong run in the post season.

second half swoon? we're two games into the second half. also the last two years their swoon as you would call it has been injury and departure relaterd. two years ago rueggseger(sp) was hurt and missed a good chunk of the second half, lost brock trotter to an early departure and lost bozak for almost the entire second half last year. not that different than us with losing genoway for a huge part of this season.

Goon, you've been pretty convinced that Denver isn't going to do anything this post-season....I'm not so sure. I think they have more pieces to make a run than we do, and a little heart and desire goes a long ways. We'll see if that stacks up or not, but I'm pretty convinced they'll make a strong run in the post season.

I think the DU is good team but to chalk them up as the champion is a little pre-mature, I am not that big of a Chevy fan and I think he is beatable.

How many times have we seen a team win the Cup only to flounder in the playoffs. UND and C.C. two examples of this. UND went head to head with DU and the refs and only lost the second game 3-2 I think UND and DU are pretty equal with Eidsness being the weak link for UND. DU has a very young defense corps.

I also think DU's cockiness and listening to their fawning media types is going to get the best of them in the end. Just a prediction and just my humble opinion.

second half swoon? we're two games into the second half. also the last two years their swoon as you would call it has been injury and departure relaterd. two years ago rueggseger(sp) was hurt and missed a good chunk of the second half, lost brock trotter to an early departure and lost bozak for almost the entire second half last year. not that different than us with losing genoway for a huge part of this season.

Yes second half swoon. I predict they will lose a few in the second half.