SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING SIOUX vs UND FIGHTING IRISH

AZSIOUX

I think the DU is good team but to chalk them up as the champion is a little pre-mature, I am not that big of a Chevy fan and I think he is beatable.

How many times have we seen a team win the Cup only to flounder in the playoffs. UND and C.C. two examples of this. UND went head to head with DU and the refs and only lost the second game 3-2 I think UND and DU are pretty equal with Eidsness being the weak link for UND. DU has a very young defense corps.

I also think DU's cockiness and listening to their fawning media types is going to get the best of them in the end. Just a prediction and just my humble opinion.

I said nothing in the way of chalking them up as champion. All I said was is they have a really good team who can make a strong post-season run. To say they won't "just cuz" isn't an arguable point.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said nothing in the way of chalking them up as champion. All I said was is they have a really good team who can make a strong post-season run. To say they won't "just cuz" isn't an arguable point.

Ok, let look at it from another angle, the 1997 Michigan team the 1988 and 1999 Sioux teams were awesome on paper but didn't win it all.

You see what I am getting at. You still have to win the game and I think DU is just one team of a handfull that can win it all. I include UND in that mix.

Ok, let look at it from another angle, the 1997 Michigan team the 1988 and 1999 Sioux teams were awesome on paper but didn't win it all.

You see what I am getting at. You still have to win the game and I think DU is just one team of a handfull that can win it all. I include UND in that mix.

It's all fine and dandy you picked a few teams who didn't deliver in the end. I was arguing the point of you being convinced they wouldn't win the title for whatever obscure reasoning. You've said it in multiple threads now (Miami being included). I don't think there is any way you can be convinced Denver won't win the title just because a few teams in history didn't win a title that probably should have.

I think the DU is good team but to chalk them up as the champion is a little pre-mature, I am not that big of a Chevy fan and I think he is beatable.

How many times have we seen a team win the Cup only to flounder in the playoffs. UND and C.C. two examples of this. UND went head to head with DU and the refs and only lost the second game 3-2 I think UND and DU are pretty equal with Eidsness being the weak link for UND. DU has a very young defense corps.

:)

Hope I'm wrong, but I think UW is going to establish themselves as the best in the WCHA this season. DU/CC/UND/UMD/SCSU all have nice teams and could do well if they get/stay healthy.

Barring injury, and based on my limited observations (and skills), I agree.

I agree with Goon. Two words are the arugument, Holy Cross. That Gophers team was all but the champions and they didn't win. On any day, any team can be beat.

I agree with Goon. Two words are the arugument, Holy Cross. That Gophers team was all but the champions and they didn't win. On any day, any team can be beat.

The UW team was the #1 ranked team overall that year though. So while the UMN team during the HC year was good, if they would have beaten HC, they then would have had to beat UND at the Ralph, won the F4 semi-final, and then beaten UW in Wisconsin. Not an easy feat.

The flip-side to this debate is that while some teams are great and end up not winning the title, there are always the teams that were dominant all season and take home the hardware. Just look at BU last season.

DU is good. They're not as dominant (yet) as BU was last season, but if there was a short list of teams you would expect to see in the title game, DU, UW, Miami would be on it. That said, I would love to see all three of those teams come up short. :)