SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristo has been showing off his wheels all game.

The announcers are impressed with him.

US scores again.

3-0

Why does he seem to stand out so much more in these games than he does in Sioux games? Is it because he's being utilized differently in these games, or is it because he's the only Sioux player so I'm paying more attention to him?

Why does he seem to stand out so much more in these games than he does in Sioux games? Is it because he's being utilized differently in these games, or is it because he's the only Sioux player so I'm paying more attention to him?

Probably the latter. Kristo is one of the few Sioux players I've really noticed standing out since Genoway has been out.

International hockey is more wide-open than NCAA hockey.

Remember how much Parise and Toews dominated this tourney when they were there?

And then they came back to WCHA clutch-n-grab hockey and couldn't produce as much.

And then they came back to WCHA clutch-n-grab hockey and couldn't produce as much.

That's bogus and you know it!

Shepherd told everyone that clutch and grab doesn't exist anymore!

(ok, brian speaks the truth, but I cite the party line. ;))

I think the IIHF totally blew the player of the game for the U.S. Without Jack Campbell in the first period the Swiss are ahead 3-0 into the break. Every time I've seen the kid I've been impressed with the way he handles himself. Michigan is getting a great goaltender with this kid....

Day off.....breeze through game against Latvia where all four lines should play the entire game, and then the Canadians......

I think the IIHF totally blew the player of the game for the U.S. Without Jack Campbell in the first period the Swiss are ahead 3-0 into the break. Every time I've seen the kid I've been impressed with the way he handles himself. Michigan is getting a great goaltender with this kid....

Day off.....breeze through game against Latvia where all four lines should play the entire game, and then the Canadians......

No they're not.

Campbell signed with the OHL.

Yep, and from the sounds of it, they filled his head full of nonsense. He wants to be in the NHL in 2 years...sorry kid, that's not going to happen regardless of if you play at Michigan or in the OHL.

Huh, I hadn't heard that. I guess a lot hof his future depends on how much he matures playing in the OHL. I agree with you though, I would highly doubt that he will be in the NHL before his 21st birthday.

I have to say, I , personally, feel much better with Campbell in net. Was not impressed with Lee when he played the Sioux and was not overly impressed with him yesterday.

I'll have to agree with you. I think the next couple of games set up pretty well for the U.S. You can start Lee against Latvia, which will be over before they drop the puck, and then have a rested Campbell go against Canada. Win or lose, after the Canada game you have to go with your best goalie the remainder of the tournament, which at this point in time appears to be Campbell.

I have to say, I , personally, feel much better with Campbell in net. Was not impressed with Lee when he played the Sioux and was not overly impressed with him yesterday.

I honestly don't know everyone is so impressed with Lee, the Sioux lit him up when he was here and what I have seen I haven't been impressed at all...

I'll have to agree with you. I think the next couple of games set up pretty well for the U.S. You can start Lee against Latvia, which will be over before they drop the puck, and then have a rested Campbell go against Canada. Win or lose, after the Canada game you have to go with your best goalie the remainder of the tournament, which at this point in time appears to be Campbell.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Wilbur. Lee will get his token games and the U.S. will ride Campbell from there. . . unless something catastrophic happens. I have not been overly impressed with the U.S. goaltenders over the last few years, however, after seeing Campbell play, I am cautiously optimistic. For being only 17 (almost 18), he is very composed.

You can't have superstars and manufactured parity.

Bruce McLeod wants his "exciting", everyone is in the race, officiating.

It keeps the rinks in the bottom half of the league artificially full of hope and people.

And it costs, ... Chay Genoway, Derrick LaPoint, Robbie Bina ...

It's a shame that NHL +/- leader Zach Parise, "mayor of St. Louis" TJ Oshie, and Captain Jonathan Toews don't get to showcase their full wares until they turn professional. No, actually, it's a crime.

You guys are making great points about the officiating. Does anybody remember after Parise, Murray, and Stafford came back from the WJC after the USA had beaten Canada and won the gold medal (can't remember the year, maybe 2003), and the team was playing a home series against Anchorage? I remember the Saturday night game ended in like a 2-2 tie and after the game Parise was so beat up from the clutching and grabbing thuggery that Anchorage put on the sioux that night that he really couldn't even stand up?

He went from being the most valuable player at the WJC to the guy that had someone around his waste the entire game.... ;)

You can't have superstars and manufactured parity.

Bruce McLeod wants his "exciting", everyone is in the race, officiating.

It keeps the rinks in the bottom half of the league artificially full of hope and people.

And it costs, ... Chay Genoway, Derrick LaPoint, Robbie Bina ...

It's a shame that NHL +/- leader Zach Parise, "mayor of St. Louis" TJ Oshie, and Captain Jonathan Toews don't get to showcase their full wares until they turn professional. No, actually, it's a crime.

Let's not be so short sighted regarding only UND players.

Look at Jordan Schroeder. He's flying on the ice (at least what I saw).

The WCHA is a second rate organization and it's really getting hard to defend it vs. Major Junior when you know that the quality of hockey really is becoming (or already is) higher than the WCHA thanks to the substandard administration the WCHA has.

Let's not be so short sighted regarding only UND players.

Look at Jordan Schroeder. He's flying on the ice (at least what I saw).

I'm going with what I can claim having seen first-hand on a consistent basis so it'll look very "UND".

The guy most impressing me in general is Stepan.