SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm anxious to see who gets the nod in the net for the U.S. tonight. I think all signs point towards Mike Lee, although Campbell will undoubtedly get his chance later in the tournament.

Not a lot of big names on this U.S. team, but I think thats what makes them intriguing. I think with good goaltending a bronze medal is definitely a possibility. I have never seen worse goaltending in my life than what the U.S. got last year. Thomas McCollom or whatever his name was was horrible.

Prediction on the first goal by the United States tonight:

~I'll take Schroeder, from Morin.

~I'll also take the U.S. to win tonight.....4-2.

former cc recruit who went to major juniors claims bias

i think this may be a very good sign if he isnt what blais was looking for as i dont think blais wants an all usa all star team. moore was in the the ushl last year so im sure dean has seen enough of him to make his decision. go dean, kristo and usa!

article

"I'm not looking for excuses, but I definitely felt like an outsider, not being from the U.S. national development program or from a college program," he said.

"You could see that by the lines and defensive pairs we started camp with, like they knew the group they wanted and it really wasn't about the camp at all."

maybe it was bias there has been speculation over the years that canada does this in reverse and tends to leave us college players off. anyways if it was good for dean.

I hate how TSN spends their entire broadcast sandbagging for the Canadian team. "Ohh, its all about goal differential, Canada needs to do this..." There comes a time and a place to where you dump the puck in and roll four lines. The Canadians had their top line on the ice the entire third period every third shift and sometimes every other shift. We as sioux fans hate what happened to Genoway, and the Canadians are lucky the Latvians played with some class and none of them tried something stupid.

I think the IIHF really needs to consider run time as well. Stop the clock during the commercial breaks but there really isn't a reason to stop the clock when a team scores with 20 seconds left in the third period to go up 16 to zip.

The funny thing is that when the U.S. gets up big on Latvia that they'll get booed every time they score a goal past six or seven.