SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-1 USA after 2 Periods.

Very bad period for the Americans. Sloppy at times, undisciplined penalties and too much fancy passing and stickhandling around the net when just shooting the puck is called for. These things are a mere annoyance vs. Latvia, but they'll absolutely kill us vs. Canada on Thursday if we repeat them.

So far after watching the games here's what I see happening:

I see Sweden finishing 4-0, Russia second in that bracket at 3-1 and Finland at 2-2

I see Canada beating the US. Simply put when I watch Canada they look like a pro team and the US looks like a college team. Canada is much more physical and the US has not played a team that is physical AND fast. Unless our goalie stands on his head I see us losing 6-2 with Slovakia or Switzerland finishing third most likely Slovakia.

First quarterfinal we play Finland and squeak out a win. Second quarterfinal Russia pounds Slovakia.

First semifinal we lose to Sweden, second semifinal Canada beats Russia.

Final: Sweden upsets Canada and shuts the damn Canadian crowd up.

Man I hate it when they boo the US players for no reason except they are from the USA. I just don't get Canadians hating the USA.

I just can't see the U.S. beating a pumped up Canadian team tomorrow. I know the U.S. coaching staff has Canada broken down inside and out, but I think they are just a better hockey team.

A lot of things have to go right for the U.S. to win, here are a few things that have to happen:

~Jack Campbell or Mike Lee have to play the game of their life. I'm guessing it will be Campbell, he's played well against Canada before.

~The U.S. can't give Canada more than three powerplays. If you give Canada five power plays they'll score on two of them for sure.

~They need to score five goals.

~They have to stay humble and composed. Things will go wrong, and things will go right. . If they score a goal, it probably isn't a good idea to skate by the Canadian bench and taunt them like last year. That woke up a sleeping giant and was one of the reasons (besides awful goaltending) that they lost last year.

I agree with a previous poster with Canada meeting Russia in the quarterfinals. I thought that Russia could have very easily beaten Sweden and they'll give the Canadians fits with their speed and goaltending.

PS: I'm watching the replay of Canada vs. Slovakia, and I really don't think I can stand Pierre Mcguire anymore. I know its a TSN broadcast, and I know he's Canadian, but I wish he would be a bit less biased.....just a bit. A Slovakian player just gets called for diving and he makes it seem like none of the Canadian players have ever taken a dive.

So far after watching the games here's what I see happening:

I see Sweden finishing 4-0, Russia second in that bracket at 3-1 and Finland at 2-2

I see Canada beating the US. Simply put when I watch Canada they look like a pro team and the US looks like a college team. Canada is much more physical and the US has not played a team that is physical AND fast. Unless our goalie stands on his head I see us losing 6-2 with Slovakia or Switzerland finishing third most likely Slovakia.

First quarterfinal we play Finland and squeak out a win. Second quarterfinal Russia pounds Slovakia.

First semifinal we lose to Sweden, second semifinal Canada beats Russia.

Final: Sweden upsets Canada and shuts the damn Canadian crowd up.

Man I hate it when they boo the US players for no reason except they are from the USA. I just don't get Canadians hating the USA.

This is probably pretty accurate. I'd take a US loss tomorrow if they could somehow squeak into that Championship game for a rematch!

I also agree about the Canadians booing the US team. Makes no sense to me.

I also agree about the Canadians booing the US team. Makes no sense to me.

Their fans would be complaining if our fans did it in the USA say at a site like Buffalo as well. If Sweden is playing Canada in the championship game I will chear for the Swedes.

PS: I'm watching the replay of Canada vs. Slovakia, and I really don't think I can stand Pierre Mcguire anymore. I know its a TSN broadcast, and I know he's Canadian, but I wish he would be a bit less biased.....just a bit. A Slovakian player just gets called for diving and he makes it seem like none of the Canadian players have ever taken a dive.

I think McQuire is a great hockey mind but he is a very big USA homer. I also wish TSN was available in the USA all of the time.

It is an awesome channel.