SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt.

The NCAA line of Stepan, Kristo, and D'Amigo is the USA's most consistent line...they're always creating chances.

If Dean calls and asks for my opinion, I'd tell him I'd be tempted to swap D'Amigo and Kreider for a period just to see what it would do for each line.

Look at Jordan Schroeder. He's flying on the ice (at least what I saw).

actually, i was just going to ask where schroeder is. he still has the wheels which he has shown a few times, but he is not the dominant player he was last year at the wjc. in fact, other than maybe tavares, he was probably the most dominant player last year. maybe there is something to garth snow's assertation about don lucia's development at the u? ;) didn't kessel pull a no show after dominating as a 17 or 18 yr old? for the sake of the us team... the schroeder line needs to show up sometime soon and show why blais put them as his first line. i think this us team has tons of speed and talent, stepan and kristo have been the most noticable forwards hands down. our d corp has been awesome. donovan has been especially good, but all of the dmen have been great. and i think campbell was more confident in net, although i think lee can be great too.

actually, i was just going to ask where schroeder is. he still has the wheels which he has shown a few times, but he is not the dominant player he was last year at the wjc. in fact, other than maybe tavares, he was probably the most dominant player last year. maybe there is something to garth snow's assertation about don lucia's development at the u? ;) didn't kessel pull a no show after dominating as a 17 or 18 yr old? for the sake of the us team... the schroeder line needs to show up sometime soon and show why blais put them as his first line. i think this us team has tons of speed and talent, stepan and kristo have been the most noticable forwards hands down. our d corp has been awesome. donovan has been especially good, but all of the dmen have been great. and i think campbell was more confident in net, although i think lee can be great too.

I was wondering what others thought about Schroeder. His line has been pretty quiet in the 2 games thus far. There have been stretches of the game where he disappears, in my opinion. (the same thing happened at the Ralph when he played against the Sioux in all 3 games this year) I honestly can't claim to be bias free on this since I am a known gopher hater, but it appears to me that he has not progressed at all, perhaps he has regressed.

Gopher fans who post on this board, what are your thoughts on JS? He seems to have excellent raw talent, but it really seems like it isn't coming through in the way you would expect it to for a 1st rounder.

Gopher fans who post on this board, what are your thoughts on JS? He seems to have excellent raw talent, but it really seems like it isn't coming through in the way you would expect it to for a 1st rounder.

Schroeder is PMB. Likes the perimeter. Doesn't want to play in traffic. Like Kessel his WJC scoring heroics have been vs. the Norways of the world. However blaming anyone for his development is disingenuous. He is developing just fine and will likely never play a minor league game in his life. I'm guessing he is a top six forward in the NHL either next year or the year after.

Schroeder is PMB. Likes the perimeter. Doesn't want to play in traffic. Like Kessel his WJC scoring heroics have been vs. the Norways of the world. However blaming anyone for his development is disingenuous. He is developing just fine and will likely never play a minor league game in his life. I'm guessing he is a top six forward in the NHL either next year or the year after.

Really, interesting, I don't know I don't think he is tough enough to play in the NHL. Jordan is going to get smoked. I think he reminds me of a less talented version of Phil Kessel. Skates up the ice doesn't pass much causes a turn over puck going back the other way. Won't play much defense and yada, yada, yada... Perimeter players get shut down in the Stanley Cup Playoffs when the officials don't call the games as tight as they did during the regulars season. I am not saying he is not good, because he is but I can see why his stock dropped in the NHL draft last season.

Skates up the ice doesn't pass much causes a turn over puck going back the other way.

I always thought Schroeder was one of the better passer/playmakers on the UMN roster.

That said, I'm not sure what happened to him this year. He seemed dominant last year, and this season he's hardly noticeable at times. Was Stoa that important to his success last year?

I'm really liking the play of Kristo at the WJC so far. He's flying around and creating chances almost every shift.

He really stepped up his play within the last month or so for UND as well. Hopefully he can come back from the WJC and continue with that type of play. Once we get a healthy Genoway and a confident Kristo back in the UND lineup, the Sioux will be a difficult team to play against.

That said, I'm not sure what happened to him this year. He seemed dominant last year, and this season he's hardly noticeable at times. Was Stoa that important to his success last year?

Last year if Schroeder dished to Stoa he knew he'd get an assist.

This year, who can he dish to that has that same scoring touch?

Really, interesting, I don't know I don't think he is tough enough to play in the NHL. Jordan is going to get smoked. I think he reminds me of a less talented version of Phil Kessel. Skates up the ice doesn't pass much causes a turn over puck going back the other way. Won't play much defense and yada, yada, yada... Perimeter players get shut down in the Stanley Cup Playoffs when the officials don't call the games as tight as they did during the regulars season. I am not saying he is not good, because he is but I can see why his stock dropped in the NHL draft last season.

I didn't think PMB was good enough to play in the NHL. I didn't think Wes Walz was good enough. Veillieux?

Heck, there are a ton of players who don't seem to have the skill to be NHLers and there are some I've watched who seemed to have NHL skill and never seem to make it to the NHL (Bochenski).

Schroeder will be alright as a pro. I don't think he'll light it up (at least right away) but he's going to be fine.

I do disagree with sagard in the fact that Schroeder WILL spend time in the AHL.

I always thought Schroeder was one of the better passer/playmakers on the UMN roster.

I'm really liking the play of Kristo at the WJC so far. He's flying around and creating chances almost every shift.

He really stepped up his play within the last month or so for UND as well. Hopefully he can come back from the WJC and continue with that type of play. Once we get a healthy Genoway and a confident Kristo back in the UND lineup, the Sioux will be a difficult team to play against.

This season there is no Stoa and really no one to pass to. Now he should be scoring in the WJC because his team mates are talented.

Well, Canada wins 6-0.

McMillan has a hat trick.

Looking statistically and VERY superficially since I've seen so very little.... we might want to stay out of the box against Canada... they're kinda good a man up.

Yeah, looking at this roster: http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=13609, and realizing the likes of Stamkos, Tavares, Bogosian would all be eligible, if not playing in the NHL, it gives you an idea of what stratosphere Canada is in when it comes to hockey.

Yeah, looking at this roster: http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=13609, and realizing the likes of Stamkos, Tavares, Bogosian would all be eligible, if not playing in the NHL, it gives you an idea of what stratosphere Canada is in when it comes to hockey.

Not sure how you can blend atmospheric science, the Nanooks of the Northlands, and hockey together from my post but...

Whoopiedoo on those three.

Yeah, they're good but I don't care. They're not on the team.

In any case, they're walking all over the weaker teams in the tourney thus far.

They look to be a strong team. Not having the schedule in front of me, I'd love to see Canada play Russia before we play Canada just to see what Canada would be like against a tougher opponent before we take them on.

I like their players well enough but Hockey Canada politically is no better than USA Hockey (though they claim they are) and their fans are some of the most arrogant sports fans on the face of the known universe.

Not sure how you can blend atmospheric science, the Nanooks of the Northlands, and hockey together from my post but...

Whoopiedoo on those three.

Yeah, they're good but I don't care. They're not on the team.

In any case, they're walking all over the weaker teams in the tourney thus far.

They look to be a strong team. Not having the schedule in front of me, I'd love to see Canada play Russia before we play Canada just to see what Canada would be like against a tougher opponent before we take them on.

I like their players well enough but Hockey Canada politically is no better than USA Hockey (though they claim they are) and their fans are some of the most arrogant sports fans on the face of the known universe.

Both Sweden and Russia are in the other bracket. The US plays Latvia and Canado plays Slovakia tomorrow. Then the US and Canada both get Wednesday off before they play each other on Thursday in the last game in the bracket for each team. It looks like both teams should move on to the quarterfinals unless something strange happens tomorrow.