SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Ohio St. and Miami

AZSIOUX

There are different kinds of tournaments. I'd still call it one since it involves multiple teams. This is what they called a "Showcase" -- I heard Hak talking about this last year on the radio or something.

Don't the rodents do the same thing with the Michigan teams?They play both Michigan and Michigan St. no matter what.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited for this weekend. I thought the Sioux played well against Denver, and should put out a good showing against two CCHA teams. No reason to believe the Sioux won't knock Ohio State around and light the lamp a few times. Miami will present an experienced team that has played on the big stage, and should be one of the better games at the Ralph this season.

With Eidsness playing the way he is I see him playing both games. He was great in Denver. He won't win WCHA defensive player of the week, but I'll take that performance any weekend.

With Eidsness playing the way he is I see him playing both games. He was great in Denver. He won't win WCHA defensive player of the week, but I'll take that performance any weekend.

No doubt. The score on Saturday could have been way worse with the 46 PP chances that DU got.

BE should play both games.

I'm hoping for a Sioux/Beaver sweep of the CCHA!

I hate to say it but all of the crappy officials the WCHA has we would have never gotten the crap we got in Denver from Derek and Marco.

Exactly. I'm at a loss that when Shep used to suck, we got him all the time. And now that he is one of the top refs in the league (which may or may not be saying anything), we hardly see him. Those two ref a good game. They may miss some calls and call some ticky tack stuff, but we never would see the crap that was pulled on Sat night.

Me too, I'd really love to rub it into that idiot Redhawk fan that invaded the UND//DU score threads on uscho. :lol:

OMG. I know! I almost responded to some of his posts but held back as I have not entirely calmed down from the events of the weekend. Miami really hasn't played all that well lately either, so it will be interesting to see how that goes. I haven't been that impressed with Miami in what little I've seen of them, but I welcome the challenge to what they bring.

I also hope Chay's recovery is going well and will look forward to seeing him back on the ice whenever that happens to be. Am hoping to see him play this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath. His leadership is definitely missed.

Exactly. I'm at a loss that when Shep used to suck, we got him all the time. And now that he is one of the top refs in the league (which may or may not be saying anything), we hardly see him. Those two ref a good game. They may miss some calls and call some ticky tack stuff, but we never would see the crap that was pulled on Sat night.

I bet if shep were there pp's would have been darn near even and the pios would not have gotten 6 straight to start the second period.

That is the funny point we get all the clowns like Zelkin, Adam, Campion...

OMG. I know! I almost responded to some of his posts but held back as I have not entirely calmed down from the events of the weekend. Miami really hasn't played all that well lately.

They are having trouble beating the traditional cup cakes of the CCHA.

Who cares about the refs or some Redhawk fan? What adjustments will Hak make to our beloved team to get them playing more disciplined hockey? I didn't see Saturday night's game, but good teams need to figure out how to adjust their play to the officiating, defensive schemes, and the overall climate of the game.

As an early prognostication, I foresee Hextall riding the pine against OSU so he remembers he's on a hockey team and not in speech class.

OMG! I miss Zelkin! Whatever happened to him? He disappeared about two years ago from WCHA reffing, and I am sorry, but he was still better than Thul! Or Albers or fill in name of WCHA ref here!

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that watched the BSU and UAH games apparently the Albers was the official and he was as bad or worse than Thul (tool). I think there is a pattern developing.

Who cares about the refs or some Redhawk fan? What adjustments will Hak make to our beloved team to get them playing more disciplined hockey? I didn't see Saturday night's game, but good teams need to figure out how to adjust their play to the officiating, defensive schemes, and the overall climate of the game.

As an early prognostication, I foresee Hextall riding the pine against OSU so he remembers he's on a hockey team and not in speech class.

I think Hextall is a good hockey player but his antics have become tiresome, I don't know if anyone noticed it but during Friday's game Hextall went by the DU bench and said something to whom ever and Gwoz heard it and just rolled his eyes. It looks as if the DU team isn't taking the bait anymore. Time to play hockey.

Boy, I wish the Fighting Sioux Network would webcast the BSU games. I know I would purchase them, along with several other BSU fans that can't make the trip. I bet there are some Ohio State and Miami fans that would lay a few $$$ down also.

Boy, I wish the Fighting Sioux Network would webcast the BSU games. I know I would purchase them, along with several other BSU fans that can't make the trip. I bet there are some Ohio State and Miami fans that would lay a few $$$ down also.

Me too, I was disappointed to see that they weren't airing the BSU game(s). I try to follow BSU as much as I can. Really enjoyed watching the series against Minnesota. :lol:

Millsy I heard the officiating in Bemidji was brutal this past weekend. Any comments?

I think Hextall is a good hockey player but his antics have become tiresome, I don't know if anyone noticed it but during Friday's game Hextall went by the DU bench and said something to whom ever and Gwoz heard it and just rolled his eyes. It looks as if the DU team isn't taking the bait anymore. Time to play hockey.

Gwoz was also rolling his eyes at icing calls, so take that for what it's worth. :lol:

Millsy I heard the officiating in Bemidji was brutal this past weekend. Any comments?

I was there for both (gotta love DVR's). There were a few soft calls, some non-called interference and they really wanted to see BSU in the box Saturday. They had BSU in the box for most of the 1st and 3rd periods. 8 minutes for UAH vs 29 for BSU. Maybe the UAH coach has been at Gwoz'es seminars?

Being a Sioux fan and seeing our beloved WHCA refs, I thought Albers fit right in and really wasn't that surprised. It will prep BSU for this weekend. :lol:

Sorry to bud in on the conversations...but I have a question. I have acquired a couple of tickets for the Saturday game from a season ticket holder. I have been told that these tickets are only good for the Sioux/Miami game and not the BSU/OSU game, even though the BSU/OSU game is on the ticket.

My question....are the tickets good for both games or just the Sioux game?

Thanx in advance for the replies!!

Also...there is a new Sioux Survivor up!! Everyone get in and make your picks!!

Sorry to bud in on the conversations...but I have a question. I have acquired a couple of tickets for the Saturday game from a season ticket holder. I have been told that these tickets are only good for the Sioux/Miami game and not the BSU/OSU game, even though the BSU/OSU game is on the ticket.

One ticket gets you in for both games.

Thanx in advance for the replies!!

Also...there is a new Sioux Survivor up!! Everyone get in and make your picks!!

my tickets don't specify just the sioux game so I would assume they are good for both, just give the ticket office a call.

I didn't think it was too bad, I have seen worse. Both teams got the elbows up on a lot of checks and they called a lot of contact to the head because of it. I don't have a problem with that call as concussions are starting to become a problem throughout sports. Keep the elbows down and use the body........

The interference calls, I just sometimes begin to wonder what constitutes interference and what doesn't. If you are going to call it, call it consistently in ALL areas of the ice. That would probably be my biggest grip is being consistent. Let the players know how you are going to call the game and stick with it.

Looking forward to LISTENING to some Beaver victories this weekend! Green over Red in all games!