SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DENVER

AZSIOUX

The whole forward on the point on the pp bothers me. As a former forward, I hated anytime a bad change happened or we got caught up and I'd end up having to play like a defenseman...positioning as a defender is so huge, especially in space. Any defenseman can play wing and forecheck, but few forwards can do the job of a defenseman.

Spot on. Totally different skating game--lateral and backwards v. forward. Though Miller did quite well.

I would be a little less worried about the time it is taking skilled players like Kristo and/or Marto to eliminate gaffes on the blue line. None were better than Roche at playing possession on the blue line during PP, but but I'm sure he turned over his share in his first couple of years. Maybe not--I can't remember to be honest.

He!! to be old enough to remember a lot of hockey but also old enough to forget all of it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully if he does play there will be some rust in his game, can't imagine his leg will feel 100% for 60 minutes.

Yeah, I understand wanting your #1 goalie back in the action, by why rush him back if he's not ready? It's only November and there's a lot of hockey to be played. I know this is a big series for both schools, but hopefully they make the right decision, whatever that may be, for Chevrie, as his career is more important than this weekend.

Spot on. Totally different skating game--lateral and backwards v. forward. Though Miller did quite well.

There aren't a lot of player that can do what Brad did, switch to another postion. I thought his skating skill really helped him because if he got burnt he could get back to the blue line fast. I think Marto, LaPoint and Gleason have really good skating skills and the other two big boys aren't anybodies slough either, Corey is going to have to keep it simple like Hakstol said.

Yeah, I understand wanting your #1 goalie back in the action, by why rush him back if he's not ready? It's only November and there's a lot of hockey to be played. I know this is a big series for both schools, but hopefully they make the right decision, whatever that may be, for Chevrie, as his career is more important than this weekend.

Apparently Chevy hasn't been cleared yet by the medical staff. It doesn't make a lot of sense to rush back. Even if he does come back doesn't mean he is going to be 100% either.

There aren't a lot of player that can do what Brad did, switch to another postion. I thought his skating skill really helped him because if he got burnt he could get back to the blue line fast. I think Marto, LaPoint and Gleason have really good skating skills and the other two big boys aren't anybodies slough either, Corey is going to have to keep it simple like Hakstol said.

If my memory serves me, Genoway is a transition to defense as well?

Not sure, but he didn't transition at UND.

He was listed on Heisenberg's Recruiting list as a center/defenseman coming out of juniors.

As for the transition from Forward to D, that is indeed tough.

I think, if we are truly worried about it, perhaps we should look at defensive minded players to make the transition.

Perhaps players such as Rowney, Davidson, or in desperate times Zajac.

It's easier to look at our D and move the opposite way. Marto, in my opinion, would be the best D (other than Chay) to transition from D to forward... but I don't see that happening.

Haven't planned that far ahead. Alaska will need to be an October trip to allow for some sightseeing. Bemidji and Omaha are easy, if we can get the game tickets.

If I am not mistaken UND travels to Alaska to play in the tourney at the beginning of the season next year I saw it written over on the UAA beat writers blog.

Saw him just once as a senior at SSM, and he centered a line in that game. The game I saw, SSM put Gergen on the point for their PP. Not sure how much, if any defense Chay played at SSM, but he did get moved to D following graduation from HS during his year with the Vernon Vipers of the BCHL (17-32-49 in 56 games).

Possibly posted, but I think channel 317 is showing the game Friday. Apologies if already posted.

Is that for midcontinent in GF? I was looking at it last night and that or 306 seemed to be showing college hockey? Like FSC and CBS C or :silly:?. On another note was running laps in the concourse at the Ralph last night while my kid was practicing and was booted by security. I told him I've did it all last year and he told me it's due to a change in policy after the fight last month. Like I tell my son.....every action has a reaction. Does anyone else find it odd no charges have been brought up against the Oslo guy? Ok...back to the Denver talk.....oh..and work.

Not sure, but he didn't transition at UND.

He was listed on Heisenberg's Recruiting list as a center/defenseman coming out of juniors.

As for the transition from Forward to D, that is indeed tough.

I think, if we are truly worried about it, perhaps we should look at defensive minded players to make the transition.

Perhaps players such as Rowney, Davidson, or in desperate times Zajac.

It's easier to look at our D and move the opposite way. Marto, in my opinion, would be the best D (other than Chay) to transition from D to forward... but I don't see that happening.

There was an article or interview where Chay talked about it. I think he was at shattuck and they had room at defense for him but not forward. Imagine that.

From Let's go DU hockey blog:

"We hate them, and they hate us."

-Brandon Vossberg

Here's to sharing the love and tickling the twine this weekend!

GO SIOUX!!

Denverpost.com has a good article on the rivalry also. We all have seen how this series has heated up over the years, and in my mind it is emotionally surpassing the Gopher matchups. I think that because both of these teams are always near the top of the standings and they each bring a competitive fire that hockey fans love to see. Gopher players seem more concerned about how they hair looks in the mirror before the games and coincidently that series has been lopsided in favor of the Sioux in recent years.

Denverpost.com has a good article on the rivalry also. We all have seen how this series has heated up over the years, and in my mind it is emotionally surpassing the Gopher matchups. I think that because both of these teams are always near the top of the standings and they each bring a competitive fire that hockey fans love to see. Gopher players seem more concerned about how they hair looks in the mirror before the games and coincidently that series has been lopsided in favor of the Sioux in recent years.

It seems DU thinks that UND has become a bigger rival to them than CC as well.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/...t=Google+Reader

The latter incident took place at the end of the second period, with Radke coming back onto the ice from the dressing-room hallway to fight an unsuspecting Vossberg.

Unsuspecting, huh? :silly:

Article on early departures:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/141587/

And from the Sioux blog:

In the hard copy version of the Herald, there's a short Q&A with Jason Gregoire. He was critical of his production early in the season, saying it's not what he expected. He also said not to be surprised if he's not on Chris VandeVelde's line tonight. Gregoire said that a tiny shakeup could lead to a spark.

It seems DU thinks that UND has become a bigger rival to them than CC as well.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/...t=Google+Reader

Unsuspecting, huh? :silly:

great article and quotes

"When we play North Dakota, you know it's going to be a big mental and physical battle," said Vossberg, who as a sophomore was involved in a fight with the Sioux's Kyle Radke. "This weekend will be no different.

"We know what's going to occur during the games. They know how to get under your skin, and they do it very well, and a lot of times it works to their advantage."