SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs UC Davis

SiouxMD

Sweet. I was afraid Ish might not play. Mitch going is a plus but I don't think Cal Davis has anyone who can hang with Ish. I was looking at some Davis video and I really believe that the Landry/Bama connection will butcher Davis' secondary. I can see Ish with a Vikings uniform on in the near future.

Vikings? As in Minnesota Vikings?

:D

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. I was afraid Ish might not play. Mitch going is a plus but I don't think Cal Davis has anyone who can hang with Ish. I was looking at some Davis video and I really believe that the Landry/Bama connection will butcher Davis' secondary. I can see Ish with a Vikings uniform on in the near future.

Yes, our DBs have been vulnerable this year, so Bama may do some damage if the front line is not getting to your QB. By the way, I am not sure who "Cal Davis" is. There is a car salesman named "Cal Worthington." The Aggies are UC Davis.

Nice blue sky today with mild winds. Should be the same tomorrow. Cheers for a great football game. I am looking at the score to be like it was last year. Hope to see ya at the game!

Yeah, who else? He could replace Shaincoe someday. The way this dude is progressing is amazing. Sage to Ish for another TD. I used to think Ish was CFL bound but more and more I could see him with the purple on.

Are you sure the purple you're seeing isn't the inside of a bottle of Crown Royal? :D

PS - Shiancoe is a tight end.

I just meant replacing him as the number one receiver.

ha ha, no CR here. I'm serious. I see this dude as breakthrough. He has the speed, hands, and football smarts. Plus he is marketable. I could see this guy as a 10 year all pro.

One of the coaches told me that the Vikings, Bucs, and Steelers were at the Southern Oregon game and they were impressed with five players. I asked if one was a certain wide receiver and he winked. I'm telling ya, get your Bama autographs now while they're cheap. This guy is legit.

ha ha, no CR here. I'm serious. I see this dude as breakthrough. He has the speed, hands, and football smarts. Plus he is marketable. I could see this guy as a 10 year all pro.

One of the coaches told me that the Vikings, Bucs, and Steelers were at the Southern Oregon game and they were impressed with five players. I asked if one was a certain wide receiver and he winked. I'm telling ya, get your Bama autographs now while they're cheap. This guy is legit.

No doubt Bamba is a prospect. Growing up in Quebec, his English was very limited until he came to UND. As the communication gap narrows, game knowledge and team communication will only get better.

After one of most unimpressive Sioux games in years, I'd like to know who the other four players they were impressed with? Hawkins? Sutton? Bondy? Brenneman?

No doubt Bamba is a prospect. Growing up in Quebec, his English was very limited until he came to UND. As the communication gap narrows, game knowledge and team communication will only get better.

After one of most unimpressive Sioux games in years, I'd like to know who the other four players they were impressed with? Hawkins? Sutton? Bondy? Brenneman?

I bet it wasn't Dressler.

I was told Hawkins and Sutton but that's all I know. I don't even have a guess on the other two. If it was Dressler or our short snapper I will quit watching the NFL. It's not uncommon for the NFL to look at these games when they try to find that diamond in the rough. Ish is on a lot of peoples minds right now. UND is pushing him hard for good reason. The guy is the first legit superstar we've had since Chappel. I wish we would play NDSU while Ish is here because he would do a tap dance on Bohl's secondary.

I believe Ish could walk on in the CFL or UFL right now but in two years we'll be seeing him as a 3-5 pick in the draft. Vikings or Raiders. A long ball team.

I was told Hawkins and Sutton but that's all I know. I don't even have a guess on the other two. If it was Dressler or our short snapper I will quit watching the NFL. It's not uncommon for the NFL to look at these games when they try to find that diamond in the rough. Ish is on a lot of peoples minds right now. UND is pushing him hard for good reason. The guy is the first legit superstar we've had since Chappel. I wish we would play NDSU while Ish is here because he would do a tap dance on Bohl's secondary.

I believe Ish could walk on in the CFL or UFL right now but in two years we'll be seeing him as a 3-5 pick in the draft. Vikings or Raiders. A long ball team.

you do realize that he is going against lower level teams of FCS and NAIA right?

If the Sioux can defend the perimeter against the Aggies they have a chance to win. So I'm picking the Sioux 27-24.

When the lights go down in the California town. A little John Stewart with Stevie Nicks. California gold for the conference champs Sioux.

Sioux friends,

Those who are attending the game should already be here. If you have any time to kill, let me make a few suggestions for you. First, if you are coming to CA, you must do a Mexican meal. Forget the Mexican restaurants in Davis. Davis does have a place called Taquerio Guadaljara, which is more traditional Mexican then CA Mexican. Go to Emma's Taco House in West Sacramento. 1617 Sacramento Ave, Bryte, CA (916) 371-1151‎. Excellent Mexican, coming from a guy who knows good Mexican. If you like wine, you do not need to go to Napa Valley to wine taste. We have an excellent wine area 20 minutes from Davis. along the Sacramento River. This micro-climate brings in cool moist air from the ocean along the Delta to produce wonderful wine grapes. A moderate priced yet wonderful red wine can be had at Bogle Vineyards,

37783 County Road 144

Clarksburg, CA 95612-5009

(916) 744-1139

There are several wineries in the area, all offering free samples and appetizers.

Cheers!

UC Davis a win away from Great West football title

UC Davis on offense: The Fighting Sioux have used an extra man in the box this season to help stop the run. If North Dakota does that against the Aggies, quarterback Greg Denham should be able to pick them apart through the air. "(North Dakota's defense) has some issues it'll have to deal with," UC Davis coach Bob Biggs said.

The offense is clicking, too. UC Davis has had success throwing the ball all season. Its run game – which was nonexistent earlier – has taken a major step forward, with freshman safety Nick Aprile averaging 5.5 yards per carry out of the Aggies' version of the Wildcat formation."That's why we've been so good on third and fourth downs," Biggs said of the Wildcat. "That gives you a lot of confidence to run the ball on first down.

"If we're in third and short, now we know we'll have a chance to pick it up. It's been huge. It's lent a spark to what we're doing offensively."

If the Aggies can keep that spark lit, North Dakota's defense – which allows an average of 407.6 total yards a game – will have a hard time slowing them down.

We're the lowest-ranked Great West team, and also ranked lower than former NCC football schools Central Washington, UMD, Mankato and UNO. We're also not far ahead of Bemidji State. :D

doesn't mankato still play d2? are d2 schools ranked alongside fcs teams in the ranking system to which you are referring?