SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux looked a little flat in the first period. but slowly built their game over the next two. That , I think, means alot on a night where Hak decided to dress they boys in black.

Nice to see a spirited Saturday performance for a change, good momentum for St. Cloud.

Hak post game comments:

Joking with TH about leaving...long trip, let's go!

Good win for us. I thought we hurt ourselves in the first with penalties, but I thought we got better in the game. I thought the 2nd was good and the 3rd, we played really well. Not a ton of flow to the game, but that's the nature of the game.

We have to limit their explosiveness on 2 on 1's. A d-man and forward both pinch on the puck to set those up. We have to play smart to prevent those.

Makes a big difference the way Mac and Gleason are playing out there. If we can change Genoway's ice time, that makes a big time. The two young guys are doing well back there, and they're giving us a nice option. Gleason plays the PP, Mac we're comfortable with on the PK.

Toews was one of our better players, and I thought he was the most effective player offensively. I thought he was a factor almost every shift. I particularly love Trupp's goal, the way Toews protected the puck. The highlight goes to Trupp, but Toews did an outstanding job setting it up. Trupp got one from his stomach and one with his feet below the goal line. The flip play on the 3rd goal by Malone was a good play too. He had time and he made a play. It was a huge goal to take pressure off of us.

We made a couple of mistakes...a couple of young guys. Didn't rattle the play at all. Guys just went and did their job. Cichy bumping the goalie, could get us rattled, but I thought the guys did well killing the penalty and maintaining calm.

Hak's comments:

Good win. We started OK, but took a few weak penalties, and that hurt us.

Second period was good; Very happy with the third period.

One of the things Tech does well is a "D" and a forward will pinch on the same puck to create an odd man situation. We just have to be aware and not let them get an advantage with what they want to do.

Happy with the young guys on defense (Gleason & MacWilliam)

Toews was one of the better players all weekend

Loved Trupp's goal, but Toews protected the puck and created