SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

I have read where people that are sick actually play better sometimes.

i've definitely noticed that trend in the nfl. it seems that every time there's a concern that a team will struggle in a given week because some star player on their team is sick, that player goes off on a career game.

Does anyone know if the game will be picked up on Fox College Sports??

no. Per the press release

Both games this weekend will be televised live on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. Alaska based

GCI is producing the broadcasts. The games will not be carried on Fox College Sports this

weekend.

• Downvote 1

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Weekly Wednesday update

The weekly press conference actually was on Tuesday this week, because the team had a 5 a.m. departure time from Ralph Engelstad Arena to the airport this morning. There was a scheduled four-hour layover in the Twin Cities, then on to the Last Frontier.

There's no volcano to worry about this season. UND coach Dave Hakstol wondered, "What are we going to talk about then?" He hadn't heard that Mt. Redoubt had erupted about a month after UND's visit to Anchorage last February. "So, we don't have to worry about it then?" he asked. Nope, no volcano alerts this year.

The hot topics at the press conference were Ben Blood, Mario Lamoureux and the defensive unit as a whole. All will be touched upon in stories Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I asked Hakstol about sophomore defenseman Corey Fienhage, who hasn't gotten into a game yet. Hakstol said: "He's pushing hard. The six guys in front of him have made it very difficult to change the lineup. But he's pushing hard and he's a big part of this team. It's just a matter of time (before he's playing)."

Hakstol didn't say anything about the goalies, but he has made it no secret that they want to get Aaron Dell some starts early in the season. They had hoped to play him on the Saturday of the Merrimack series, but felt that Brad Eidsness and the defensive corps needed some more time to clean things up. So, it would not be a surprise at all if Dell gets his first college start this weekend and Eidsness' lengthy starting streak ends.

Last season, UND clinched home ice during its trip to Alaska. UND won the opener when Chay Genoway scored in overtime. He called his goal celebration of jumping up and down on the ice, "pretty embarrassing." Chris VandeVelde had a hat trick in the series finale.

Great to hear that Dell is going to start at least a game. I have little confidence in Eidsness right now.

just wondering how thats possible having little confidence in a goalie who shut out a very talented team, won 2 games prior and did what needed for a tie saturday. he wasnt great aturday but he wasnt bad either. i also want to see dell but for no other reason but to keep him fresh in case needed

he rarely gives up more than 3 it seems at worst. he has given up 2, 2, 0 and 3 this season. not that bad. i think that stat last year was very lopsided when the sioux score 3 or more. at one point they were 12-1 or something like that. its nice having a goalie that keeps you in pretty much every game knowing he has the offense to get 3 or more most nights. im not a 100% stat guy either so im not just basing my opinion off numbers alone, just think he has played very solid having watched all 4 games so far this year

I think it will be good for the team for Dell to start at least one game. I'm confident in Eidsness though, as I thought he played solid Friday night and okay on Saturday night. Definitely put himself out of position a few times, but I'm still confident that he'll be the number one goal all year long, barring any injury.

With that said, I hate the Alaska trip. We always seem to struggle up there, and I don't think this weekend will be any different. Could be the lack of crowd, could be the massive amount of traveling, or it could be that Anchorage sucks the energy right out of us by their boring style of play! :D

Great to hear that Dell is going to start at least a game. I have little confidence in Eidsness right now.

Really? He's undefeated on the season and has given up a total of 7 goals in 4 games, including a shut-out. What more do you want him to do? Throw shut-outs every game?

I like Eidsness. He plays sloppy at times and makes the easy saves, yes. I like what Hak is doing here, he's giving Dell an opportunity to take some time from Eidsness. It'll only make him better. Do I expect a shutout each game? No. I do expect consistent play, unlike Saturday's performance. Did anyone have confidence in him on Saturday? Or last year against NH? I like him, to bring our 8th we need consistency, bottom line.

I forgot what college hockey website I saw it on but I think they described Eidsness' role pretty well. Basically said that he doesn't have to be an all-star goalie but play good enough not to lose the game since he's got a good defense playing in front of him and hopefully a forward corps that will score more goals than the other team. :D

Basically said that he doesn't have to be an all-star goalie but play good enough not to lose the game since he's got a good defense playing in front of him and hopefully a forward corps that will score more goals than the other team. :D

Eidsness provided the Gophers wide open nets on at least two occasions in the third on Saturday. Were it not for some pretty tough and fortuitous play by the D, his out-of=position play would've cost the game.

I am sort of comfortable with Eidness, but he has to polish up some obvious rough edges. He is very, very late getting back to the crease too many times for me.

I am sort of comfortable with Eidness, but he has to polish up some obvious rough edges. He is very, very late getting back to the crease too many times for me.

I agree. His slide over to cover the cross-crease play is outstanding, and has yielded some highlight saves, but the recovery is late, as you said.

Eids is our man. He's still only 4 games into his sophomore year and already has a WCHA banner under his name. He may not be perfect, but he's still really young with some good junior and collegiate credentials so far. Brad will get better and each mistake he makes he learns from. Last year, he struggled with rebounds, but the 2nd half of the season he really got pretty good at that overall. I think he, and the coaches, know his weak spots and they will iron out the wrinkles.

If Dell can be just as good or better, great...but it's not worth losing a bunch of games over to find out. Especially when Brad has proven he can handle the load.

I still hold to my predicion of 4-6 games for Dell this year. I'll lean towards 6 right now if he either shines in his first performances or Brad falters big time. Otherwise, I'm leaning more towards 4.

Eids is our man. He's still only 4 games into his sophomore year and already has a WCHA banner under his name. He may not be perfect, but he's still really young with some good junior and collegiate credentials so far. Brad will get better and each mistake he makes he learns from. Last year, he struggled with rebounds, but the 2nd half of the season he really got pretty good at that overall. I think he, and the coaches, know his weak spots and they will iron out the wrinkles.

If Dell can be just as good or better, great...but it's not worth losing a bunch of games over to find out. Especially when Brad has proven he can handle the load.

I still hold to my predicion of 4-6 games for Dell this year. I'll lean towards 6 right now if he either shines in his first performances or Brad falters big time. Otherwise, I'm leaning more towards 4.

yeah i thought 5-8 games maybe as well and that still will give eids some time off. not that he needs it but just to see if we have a solid back up in case of anything

I took a look at the link but i didn't see any prices. Any idea how much their webcast costs.

I'm pretty sure the webcast is for free. I highly suggest connecting the webcast as soon as possible because there is a limited amount of connections available if I remember correctly. And there will be a lot of Sioux fans taking use of the free webcast.