SiouxSports.com Forum

Cornell/Sioux--I know this is a bit early...

JESUS,family,rutgers

I know this is a bit early,but I was wondering if you think there will be a big turnout of North Dakota fans for the Cornell games and how many tickets will the Sioux be given to sell? Hoping to make it to one of the games up in Ithaca,but Cornell's website makes it sound like there are not many individual game tickets available through them. In the past, I got tickets for the game at Dartmouth through UND and for the Northeastern game, I purchased through Northeastern.Thanks for any info.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX---BEAT MANITOBA !!!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS---BEAT CINCINNATI !!!

I know this is a bit early,but I was wondering if you think there will be a big turnout of North Dakota fans for the Cornell games and how many tickets will the Sioux be given to sell? Hoping to make it to one of the games up in Ithaca,but Cornell's website makes it sound like there are not many individual game tickets available through them. In the past, I got tickets for the game at Dartmouth through UND and for the Northeastern game, I purchased through Northeastern.Thanks for any info.

Cornell...the only team that can be 0-0-0 and move up in the polls... :lol:

It's never too early to plan a road trip! I hope to go to the Mich Tech game. It's their Hall of Fame weekend so I hope I can get tickets through UND. Looks like I will likely be in Ohio when the two Ohio teams are in Grand Forks. :lol: Not sure where I'll be in January but if it's anywhere near Ithaca, I'll be there!

And Cornell is the Eastern answer to UW in sheer boredom of game planning. Actually.... UW, I'd say, is slightly more exciting to watch. THAT is telling if you ask me.

The only difference?

Eaves isn't quite the accomplished whiny Nancy boy that Cornell's head coach is.

Looks like it is going to be the year of the Freshman in the WCHA.

Ironically UND 9 Freshman is one of the biggest classes again in the "WCHA" this season.

2 Andrew MacWilliam, D

7 Danny Kristo, F

8 Mike Cichy, F

10 Corban Knight, F

13 Brett Bruneteau, F

20 Joe Gleason, D

27 Carter Rowney, F

28 Ryan Hill, D

32 Aaron Dell, G

Michigan Tech has 8 Freshman:

MICHIGAN TECH

Tommy Brown, D, Melfort (SJHL)

Kevin Genoe, G, Prince George (BCHL)

Milos Gordic, F, Langley (BCHL)

Carl Nielsen, D, Mahoning Valley (NAHL)

Aaron Pietila, F, Marquette (NAHL)

Anthony Schooley, F, Green Bay (USHL)

Steven Seigo, D, Bonnyville (AJHL)

Evan Witt, F, Alberni Valley (BCHL)

The Gophers have 4 incoming freshman.

According to this Roster Wisconsin has 6 incoming freshman.

The SCSU Huskies have 6 Freshman..

The UAA basement creatures have 6 Freshman.

Looking at this roster UMD has 8 incoming freshman.

Make it 7 for the MSUM Mavericks.

This roster is messed up because DU has 7 incoming freshman .

The C.C. Tigers are going to be young as well 7 freshman.

Ironically UND 9 Freshman is one of the biggest classes again in the "WCHA" this season.

sioux will have a lot of feshman but look for 5 of them to play nightly in kristo, cichy, rowney, knight and macwilliam. dell getting starts as well in net but the others at first not playing much. big difference with half actualy playing nightly. now that oshie class was loaded with freshman and most played nightly

the 05/06 had 13 freshman, 10 played nightly, wow!!

To maintan a 25 man roster you would need to average 6 freshman each year and then bring in an extra every 4th year. But with players leaving early or getting into trouble either at school or away from school most schools need to average at least 7 freshman a year, and maybe 8. So this would be an average year for freshman at best. UND does stick out with 10 (including the 3rd goalie).

To maintan a 25 man roster you would need to average 6 freshman each year and then bring in an extra every 4th year. But with players leaving early or getting into trouble either at school or away from school most schools need to average at least 7 freshman a year, and maybe 8. So this would be an average year for freshman at best. UND does stick out with 10 (including the 3rd goalie).

Just speculation, but the 3rd goalie might not be a freshman (academically). It's going to be a walk on, so since they didn't add one before school started it makes me think they are thinking of adding someone already on campus. So it could be someone who's been on campus a year or two. Of course, this is just speculation. I don't actually know anything concrete...

Wow they must really suck. We only have 2 starters at D, total... :lol:

That seems like a high number of freshman on defense and none the less a lot of the flat belly expert pundits are picking them to be the number one or in the top five at the beginning of the season. I dunno!?!

Just speculation, but the 3rd goalie might not be a freshman (academically). It's going to be a walk on, so since they didn't add one before school started it makes me think they are thinking of adding someone already on campus. So it could be someone who's been on campus a year or two. Of course, this is just speculation. I don't actually know anything concrete...

Whether they are a freshman academically or not is not really important. They would most likely be a first year player in the WCHA. A sophomore academically could be considered the same as a redshirt freshman without doing the paperwork. A freshman that accelerates his high school career may come in at 17 years old. A freshman that plays Juniors several years might be 21 or 22 years old. All of them are first year players in the WCHA and will have to make major adjustments to catch up with the speed of the play.

They probably wanted to wait until the school year started so that they could have all students available to try out. That could result in a brand new freshman or someone that has been on campus for several years. But the school standing of the player isn't the issue that is being discussed. It is the experience level. The 3rd goalie will most likely be a first year player or a "freshman". And to be honest, my point is still the same with or without the 3rd goalie. UND has more freshman this year than average and more than anyone else in the WCHA. All other WCHA teams have about the average number of freshman this year or fewer.