SiouxSports.com Forum

UNH playing Minnesota in 2012

MplsBison

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, here is just another example of a missed opportunity and money left on the table for the university. It's getting difficult watching us squander opportunity after opportunity.

The really sad thing is, if by some miracle you get a 30 year agreement out of both SR and SL to keep the nickname, you're still going to be missing these opportunities because the big universities will have their own policies about not scheduling UND.

Hopefully this is the kick in the pants that the UND president and AD need to say "ok...enough is enough...nickname is done".

The really sad thing is, if by some miracle you get a 30 year agreement out of both SR and SL to keep the nickname, you're still going to be missing these opportunities because the big universities will have their own policies about not scheduling UND.

Hopefully this is the kick in the pants that the UND president and AD need to say "ok...enough is enough...nickname is done".

While I agree that getting a 30-year agreement is unlikely, if it did happen I believe you could count on one hand the number of schools that would refuse to play UND. How many schools are presently refusing to play Florida State or Utah? Any? We'll know in another two months the fate of the Fighting Sioux name. It would be a p.r. disaster to drop the nickname before the Standing Rock election.

If they play Florida State, Illinois, Utah, etc, they play UND with a 30-yr agreement. Nice try.

If that's the case, it is once again just another example of political correctness run-a-muck! Like everything in this country as of late, the "I know what's best for you", left-leaning ideology is putting a strangle hold on common sense.

... you're still going to be missing these opportunities because the big universities will have their own policies about not scheduling UND.

As others have said, you could be mistaken here.

All you have to do is get a copy of the FSU, or Utah, or Illinois, non-conference schedules.

And also please remember the "big universities" (assumably you mean Wisconsin and Iowa) have stepped back and aligned their campus policy to follow the NCAA list. UND is currently off that list and has until November 2011 to find a way to keep itself off said list (or face what comes with being on it).

am I the only one who read the title of this thread and thought, why would the university of alabama huntsville play minnesota in football?

No...was thinking same thing. But then saw MplsBison started thread and realizing the "A" and "N" aren't even close on the keyboard, I didn't want to go there with him!

all tremble before the mighty "big universities". do as they say! or else! maintain the status quo. do not fight the powers that be. submit! submit! submit! give up now! your only options are conformity or death!!!!

all tremble before the mighty "big universities". do as they say! or else! maintain the status quo. do not fight the powers that be. submit! submit! submit! give up now! your only options are conformity or death!!!!

I guess you'll have to decide if keeping the name is more important than those opportunities, but I think that Kelley and Faison being business men, who make decisions with their brains and not their hearts, already have a strong feeling which way they want to go with this.

I guess you'll have to decide if keeping the name is more important than those opportunities, but I think that Kelley and Faison being business men, who make decisions with their brains and not their hearts, already have a strong feeling which way they want to go with this.

Yes, but if by some miracle we get the agreement....we could still get the opportunities. We get the agreement and we are off the list as per the terms of the settlement, the "big universities" will schedule teams that are off the list....what is the difference between Florida State and UND if both are off the list? Yes, you can argue both ways...I understand that.

MplsBison wants the name gone so that just in case NDSU ever plays UND again he won't have to worry about his precious team getting beat yet again by the FIGHTING SIOUX. He'd rather see them lose to a UND team by another name, or so it seems based on the stuff he's been posting here ad nauseam in recent months. Aside from RHHIT, I can't think of anybody more anxious to see the name go away.

I'll see your MplsBison and raise you a President and AD.

oh that would be so sweet. travel to the state-of-the-art metrodome, park 3 miles away, and sit in a nearly empty arena for some awesome football against one of the worst teams in d1-a.

oh, but maybe texas, usc, florida, and the likes are all just waiting for the nickname change so they can come banging on our door for a chance to play us.

i suppose you'd blow off texas tech to have a chance to play the mighty gophers?

more blah, blah, blah.

You can't blame them for being outsiders who aren't emotionally biased toward keeping the nickname at any cost, can you? They will do what is best for the university long term.

if the name changes before the ncaa established deadline while the tribes are still trying to get a vote in, then i can blame them and i will blame them.

what's best for the university is to allow things to play out rather than making rash decisions.

oh that would be so sweet. travel to the state-of-the-art metrodome, park 3 miles away, and sit in a nearly empty arena for some awesome football against one of the worst teams in d1-a.

oh, but maybe texas, usc, florida, and the likes are all just waiting for the nickname change so they can come banging on our door for a chance to play us.

i suppose you'd blow off texas tech to have a chance to play the mighty gophers?

more blah, blah, blah.

No need for you to pretend that playing MN wouldn't be an awesome opportunity for all the TC UND alums to come watch a great game and be part of a great experience.

I don't remember the number, but the dome was not empty for the NDSU/UM games.

And the UM has a new on campus stadium, which I'm sure you'll pretend that you don't care about.

No need for you to pretend that playing MN wouldn't be an awesome opportunity for all the TC UND alums to come watch a great game and be part of a great experience.

I don't remember the number, but the dome was not empty for the NDSU/UM games.

And the UM has a new on campus stadium, which I'm sure you'll pretend that you don't care about.

The experience of having 20,000 fans at a Gopher FB game is gone for now. With the new stadium the road team will be lucky to get 2,000 tickets.