SiouxSports.com Forum

Once it's over how long will you continue to wear the Sioux Logo

CMSioux

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear the Sioux logo as long as i can, and when the new logo comes out i will wear that too maybe a Sioux shirt and a new logo cap. Heck i still wear my Winnipeg Jets jersey, my old Sioux logo hockey jersey, and i still have my Grand Forks Central Redskins jacket.

Bring on the new stuff. Living in the past gets old sooner than one would think.....with the exception of music.

I think what is going to happen will hover between what Big A says and GeauxSioux (UPDATE: I guess what 82 just said).

I don't think the Sioux apparel will disappear for a very long time. Especially by those who went to school during the time UND was known as the Fighting Sioux.

But it will eventually fade. And most diehards will eventually crack and get something of the new nickname, especially if they go all out on it like we did with the last redesigning of the Sioux logo.

A LOT depends upon what nickname we end up being.

I'll wear it forever, I'll buy new stuff, if it's worth buying, probably not a jersey, but a shirt and cap will do.

I might have to buy a few more hats. Some of mine are wearing out fast.

Por siempre.

I'm stocking up on supplies. I have bought about 10 new hats this year, 5 new t-shirts. two jersey. three hoodies. one sweatshirt.

This summer, I got to NODAK for vacay. I'm buying more.

Stubborn and bitter. I'm going to be quite the old man in the future.

Por siempre.

I'm stocking up on supplies. I have bought about 10 new hats this year, 5 new t-shirts. two jersey. three hoodies. one sweatshirt.

This summer, I go to NODAK for vacay. I'm buying more.

Stubborn and bitter. I'm going to be quite the old man in the future.

I just bought three more hats. Three more pins too.

I need a flag.... :D

Never. I will not buy anything with another logo on it. When (or if........there's still some hope) the name/logo change, my purchasing stops as do my yearly contributions to UND. My contributions to the law school stopped two years ago when I saw some of the absolute politically bent sideshows that they have there. What a waste of money my donations to the law school fund were.

Never. I will not buy anything with another logo on it. When (or if........there's still some hope) the name/logo change, my purchasing stops as do my yearly contributions to UND. My contributions to the law school stopped two years ago when I saw some of the absolute politically bent sideshows that they have there. What a waste of money my donations to the law school fund were.

If you are going to abandon UND, its young athletes and it athletic program, why don't you abandon us now and get off this board. Withholding your support only hurts the students and program!

If you are going to abandon UND, its young athletes and it athletic program, why don't you abandon us now and get off this board. Withholding your support only hurts the students and program!

If that's your attitude, fine, but what about us UND alums who can't afford to donate money (regardless of the nickname or political bs that goes on) to UND?

Should we leave the board? Are we abandoning the students?

Look, if every alumni contributed to their alma mater on a regular basis, then the mission of the alumni association would change. Some people can't afford to give money. The alumni association's job (or one of them anyways) is to find people who can afford it and then get them to actually donate.

I don't expect to be able to afford donating to UND. And some of us, even us diehards, have had problems while at UND too.

I sympathize with Chewey and his beliefs regarding the Law School. I have a similar attitude of the Aviation Department, but this is while I was a student at UND. I also have one of the more extreme anti-Greek Life attitudes specifically pointed at UND.

I'll be just as pissed when they change the nickname (not if... that boat has sailed). I just hope the process to change the name is run the right way (pipedream, but I'm optimistic).

My modest donations were being used by people and programs that I do not support and whom I consider to have very warped political views and a phobia about not only free expression/speech but also different ideas. This is how we in America show our disapproval of weenies like many of the faculty and administration at UND. Dollars are very hard to come by these days and this is the wrong time for the SBHE to be cutting things so closely and not allowing things to play out along the time line that it agreed to in the settlement. If you do stuff to piss off alumni and you have a systemic problem where professors label those who disagree with them as racists, don't expect to get any money from the alumni; it's that simple. If you want another modern-day example, look at people who were forced to pay union dues and had no control over where they were applied.

I just wish that Bennett Brien would continue to sell logo items as his artwork. I am sure he couldn't tie anything with UND, but some green clothing with the logo on it would sell nonetheless, and I would continue to buy updated clothing items if he did.

My modest donations were being used by people and programs that I do not support and whom I consider to have very warped political views and a phobia about not only free expression/speech but also different ideas. This is how we in America show our disapproval of weenies like many of the faculty and administration at UND. Dollars are very hard to come by these days and this is the wrong time for the SBHE to be cutting things so closely and not allowing things to play out along the time line that it agreed to in the settlement. If you do stuff to piss off alumni and you have a systemic problem where professors label those who disagree with them as racists, don't expect to get any money from the alumni; it's that simple. If you want another modern-day example, look at people who were forced to pay union dues and had no control over where they were applied.

Heh.

In 1998, the union that represented the aircraft mechanics used union dues to buy the union CEO or President a brand new Learjet 60. How would you feel if your union, which is supposed to spend money representing you, is instead buying some big wig a $3 million (at least) private jet? Undoubtedly (though this wasn't furnished) they also paid for a flight crew.

I don't remember what happened after that, but seriously....

There is a reason why Unions are the best and worst things to ever happen to blue collar workers.

I just wish that Bennett Brien would continue to sell logo items as his artwork. I am sure he couldn't tie anything with UND, but some green clothing with the logo on it would sell nonetheless, and I would continue to buy updated clothing items if he did.

I'm sure all rights went directly to UND once his design was approved and he gave the go-ahead.

No one will forget the Sioux nickname, but people will accept the new nickname much sooner than many people anticipate. There will be some that that totally ignore the new nickname, especially at first, but after a few years, it will be a non-subject.

No one will forget the Sioux nickname, but people will accept the new nickname much sooner than many people anticipate. There will be some that that totally ignore the new nickname, especially at first, but after a few years, it will be a non-subject.

Hum, I don't know, It's on a lot of stuff that I own, heck it's on my golf bag.

Perhaps. I know some Miami-Ohio alums who still refer to their guys as the "Redskins" and still have the gear to prove it.

Perhaps. I know some Miami-Ohio alums who still refer to their guys as the "Redskins" and still have the gear to prove it.

Those people are few and far between though. Like I said, there are people that will never change, but over the course of time, people will change....and that time span is shorter than many think.

I sympathize with Chewey and his beliefs regarding the Law School. I have a similar attitude of the Aviation Department, but this is while I was a student at UND. I also have one of the more extreme anti-Greek Life attitudes specifically pointed at UND.

If you don't mind saying, what do you have against the Greek Life at UND?

I have quite a bit of Sioux clothing and will probably buy a few more things this summer. I'll continue to wear it as long as it holds up, but I'll also be buying some of the new logo stuff when it becomes available.