SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU softball advances to Superregional (Sweet 16)

star2city

Never forget the "atta-boy/oh-crap" rule: Just one "oh-crap" wipes out thousands of "atta-boys".

Volleyball, basketball, and now softball, got you some atta-boys around the region.

Thanks to Schultenover, your marquee sport is now tied to the phrases "dealing marijuana" and "'large quantities' of marijuana" --> Oh-crap.

Believe what you will, but this "oh-crap", like every, follows the rule.

Possibly, but the Schultenover problem has already been dealt with, and providing no other current members of the team are implicated the story really has nowhere has to go. I think people will remember this past Bison sports' season (including the softball team's accomplishments) as a very good one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly, but the Schultenover problem has already been dealt with, ...

Not yet by the Cass County State's Attorney it hasn't.

And he had a roommate.

And he had teammates.

And every dealer has folks he sells to.

Who knew what and when did they know it.

The State's Attorney won't say "he's been cut loose by Coach Bohl" and be done with this.

NDSU folks are going to be very tired of the phrase " ... was an NDSU wide receiver ... " being tied to this.

Those all are the sounds of another "oh-crap" loading up.

Not yet by the Cass County State's Attorney it hasn't.

And he had a roommate.

And he had teammates.

And every dealer has folks he sells to.

Who knew what and when did they know it.

The State's Attorney won't say "he's been cut loose by Coach Bohl" and be done with this.

Those are the sounds of another "oh-crap" loading up.

This is where the "and providing no other current members of the team are implicated" part comes in. :D Obviously, if what you said comes to fruition it will be a much bigger story.

This is where the "and providing no other current members of the team are implicated" part comes in.

Current? No.

Another Bison football player implicated? Yes.

... Schultenover will make a voluntary appearance in court, perhaps later this week, in a case that also involved former Bison linebacker and roommate Ramon Humber.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/241145/

This is where the "and providing no other current members of the team are implicated" part comes in.

A while back, when I heard about the three NDSU football DUIs in a short period of time I started to wonder if where there's smoke there's ...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

However, along with those three DUIs was this:

Bohl said quarterback Troy Jackson was dismissed for off-the-field issues that were unrelated to his possession of marijuana charge in February.

Read all about it.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/237652/

NDSU folks are going to be very tired of the phrase " ... was an NDSU wide receiver ... " being tied to this.

Don't kid yourself, "current" is a feeble attempt to escape and elude what active players were doing off the field.

The media will continually remind everyone that these things happened while they were a representative of NDSU on the football roster.

Back on topic. Congrats to the NDSU fastpitch squad and to my former softball teammate and current head coach Darren Mueller!

The Rocky Era . . . does that mean we'll win the national title 3 out of 4 years in a row again? I hope so.

Don't kid yourself, "current" is a feeble attempt to escape and elude what active players were doing off the field.

The media will continually remind everyone that these things happened while they were a representative of NDSU on the football roster.

Would that be the same thing as remembering Bobby Stroup and all his assault charges most of them not reported by the local paper? Or maybe the infamous hockey elevator incident or maybe Judy's bar is remembered more. I can't make up my mind which one stands out. Remember glass houses. Make sure you watch our SB team on ESPNU tonight 6:00 pm. Since that is what this thread is suppose to be about.

Would that be the same thing as remembering Bobby Stroup and all his assault charges most of them not reported by the local paper? Or maybe the infamous hockey elevator incident or maybe Judy's bar is remembered more. I can't make up my mind which one stands out. Remember glass houses. Make sure you watch our SB team on ESPNU tonight 6:00 pm. Since that is what this thread is suppose to be about.

Bobby who? I can't seem to find that name on any recent roster. Of course, I don't work in the news business so I may be wrong, but I guess I would expect more press coverage of on-going investigations/prosecutions than of incidents from years gone by. Enjoy.

Considering NDSU softball couldn't score in Tempe, 3-0, 11-0 (mercy rule*), let's hope they get back to Fargo and find a way to console themselves after the season other than a visit to Mr. Schultenover's. (As a matter of fact, I'm sure those ladies are far smarter than that.)

* 11 runs was the fourth biggest whip ASU (47-17) has put on an opponent this year only exceeded by the margins of 15 (20-5 v. South Alabama), 13 and 12 (13-0, 14-2, v. South Dakota State). Congrats to the Jacks for actually scoring.

Considering NDSU softball couldn't score in Tempe, 3-0, 11-0 (mercy rule*), let's hope they get back to Fargo and find a way to console themselves after the season other than a visit to Mr. Schultenover's. (As a matter of fact, I'm sure those ladies are far smarter than that.)

* 11 runs was the fourth biggest whip ASU (47-17) has put on an opponent this year only exceeded by the margins of 15 (20-5 v. South Alabama), 13 and 12 (13-0, 14-2, v. South Dakota State). Congrats to the Jacks for actually scoring.

I'm sure the ladies will be just fine. Great achievement for a newly eligible team to get into the Sweet 16. Since you're so concerned about troubled athletes why don't you give us a update on the status of Sioux standout Bobby Stroup?

I'm sure the ladies will be just fine. Great achievement for a newly eligible team to get into the Sweet 16. Since you're so concerned about troubled athletes why don't you give us a update on the status of Sioux standout Bobby Stroup?

How far back you want to go Danno? Bobby Stroup's day in court has come and gone. He has been off the team for a year. He wasn't practicing with the team a month ago.

Bobby has already faced his music.

The band is just warming up for Schultenover.

Whatever happened to the UND football player who got drunk and beat up a UND RA this spring... has he gone to trial yet?

Whatever happened to the UND football player who got drunk and beat up a UND RA this spring... has he gone to trial yet?

I'm not to sure. I think there was a trial date set for last month maybe but not to sure what happened with it. I'm sure you could search it to find out if you wanted or someone else may know.

How about the NDSU football player with the marijuana posession charge (not the football player who is charged with dealing), or the handful of Bison DUI offenders. ... Have they gone to trial yet? How long should we continue with this senseless point-counterpoint?

I'm not to sure. I think there was a trial date set for last month maybe but not to sure what happened with it. I'm sure you could search it to find out if you wanted or someone else may know.

Brad Kelly was charged with felony assult. Funny how the gf herald didn't print anything about it if it was last month. (not really usual for them)

Brad Kelly was charged with felony assult. Funny how the gf herald didn't print anything about it if it was last month. (not really usual for them)

A simple google search would have showed you Danno that they did have an article about him pleading not guilty. I do not know when the next trial date was set up for and I'm not paying to find out. There may not have been anything else to report as of now of now so that may be why they haven't reported anything but I am not sure. Maybe you should check that out before you go putting the Herald in its place though Dan. You really told them.

So what's your point, exactly? This was an isolated event of rage with one individual who was immediately kicked off the team, not a systemic situation with the entire Sioux football team.

The point regarding the Bison players is that the DUI, marijuana use and dealing were apparently systemic to some its team members. Certainly much of the team had to be aware that marijuana dealing was ongoing, whether they bought it or not. It's no wonder why that team underperformed so badly last year. How much more is yet to be revealed? Which coaching staff has more or less admitted that they are out of touch with their players?