SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU softball advances to Superregional (Sweet 16)

star2city

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!! :D This had to be to MOST IMPRESSIVE of the AgColleges accomplishments in DI so far? right? They're really DANCING in the BIG WORLD of DIvision I DANCING (as I'm TOLD! - it's all about "dancing"?) WOW anyway... THIS IS SO GREAT FOR THE STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA I can't believe it although....WOW!!

OMG!! :D This had to be to MOST IMPRESSIVE of the AgColleges accomplishments in DI so far? right? They're really DANCING in the BIG WORLD of DIvision I DANCING (as I'm TOLD! - it's all about "dancing"?) WOW anyway... THIS IS SO GREAT FOR THE STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA I can't believe it although....WOW!!

Glad to see the excitement over giving Oklahoma it's first home playoff loss in 19 games. You'll have to tune into ESPNU on Friday night at 6pm (I'm sure you will) to see the game against Arizona State, then catch game 2 Saturday on ESPN. Thanks for the great support!

Should be some great games with the final 16 being . . .

Florida, California, Arizona, Stanford, Michigan, Baylor, Jacksonville State, Alabama, Washington, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Georgia, North Dakota State, Arizona State, Missouri, UCLA. Yeah, I miss the good old days of DII. Did you know that there is actually 218 schools that sponsor softball in DI?

Glad to see the excitement over giving Oklahoma it's first home playoff loss in 19 games. You'll have to tune into ESPNU on Friday night at 6pm (I'm sure you will) to see the game against Arizona State, then catch game 2 Saturday on ESPN. Thanks for the great support!

Florida, California, Arizona, Stanford, Michigan, Baylor, Jacksonville State, Alabama, Washington, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Georgia, North Dakota State, Arizona State, Missouri, UCLA. Yeah, I miss the good old days of DII. Did you know that there is actually 218 schools that sponsor softball in DI?

NO! I had no IDEA there were 218 schools that sponsor softball...the FUNNIEST THING is you nds-U-DORKS act like D2 was the end of the world YET you couldnt' win before you left..

NO! I had no IDEA there were 218 schools that sponsor softball...the FUNNIEST THING is you nds-U-DORKS act like D2 was the end of the world YET you couldnt' win before you left...

If you're not a fan, or don't have anything nice to say...why say anything at all? :D

NO! I had no IDEA there were 218 schools that sponsor softball...the FUNNIEST THING is you nds-U-DORKS act like D2 was the end of the world YET you couldnt' win before you left...

That is as blatantly disrespectful of a post as I have ever seen on a message board. You are lucky that I am not an administrator or it would be siouxyoulater. How someone gets away with posting that kind of 4 letter garbage directed specifically at someone on a message board is beyond me.

I think it is great about the softball team...but come on! Did you even know that team existed before this year?

I think it is great about the softball team...but come on! Did you even know that team existed before this year?

1999 5th place national tournament

2000 national champions

2002 7th place national tournament

2003 3rd place national tournament

2006 Division 1 independent tournament champions

They've gotten a fair amount of press in Fargo (for a softball team).

Add my congratulations to a superb NDSU women's softball team for knocking off an outstanding University of Oklahoma team en route to winning the Norman regional. Best of luck in the Super Regional. Notwithstanding all the previous success of Bison teams, be they men's or women's, I think this accomplishment ranks No. 1 thus far in the Bison sports panorama, even greater than the Bison men's basketball appearance in the Big Dance this past March against the Kansas Jayhawks.

1999 5th place national tournament

2000 national champions

2002 7th place national tournament

2003 3rd place national tournament

2006 Division 1 independent tournament champions

They've gotten a fair amount of press in Fargo (for a softball team).

Interesting...I think the move to DI really does bring the "other" sports into the limelight, which is another benefit of moving up.

That is as blatantly disrespectful of a post as I have ever seen on a message board. You are lucky that I am not an administrator or it would be siouxyoulater. How someone gets away with posting that kind of 4 letter garbage directed specifically at someone on a message board is beyond me.

Hell, you should have seen the one that the mods deleted. Nothing like making blanket statements about the sexual orientation of the softball team. Stay classy Sioux fans. At least Tony banned lakes for a month after his last rant.

Hell, you should have seen the one that the mods deleted. Nothing like making blanket statements about the sexual orientation of the softball team. Stay classy Sioux fans. At least Tony banned lakes for a month after his last rant.

Sioux Fans? Or 1 drunk guy who makes stupid ass statements just like LakesBison does. You being a Bison fan should know better than to lump us all in like that.

It's not like people were defending the post. It was stupid. So why bother antagonize? Do you want to be lumped in with lakes and JBB?

It's not like people were defending the post. It was stupid. So why bother antagonize? Do you want to be lumped in with lakes and JBB?

Because I'm pissed that a guy made two comments like he did, only one was removed, and no other apparent action was taken - including condemnation from any Sioux posters. When lakes goes off, there are Bison fans that respond and tell him what an idiot he is - myself included. Here, you tacitly approve SiouxMeNow's comments and jump all over the offended parties when they start to point out how hypocritical you've been. We've got embarrassments in both our houses. We punish them up to, and including, banning them. What do you do?

Because I'm pissed that a guy made two comments like he did, only one was removed, and no other apparent action was taken - including condemnation from any Sioux posters. When lakes goes off, there are Bison fans that respond and tell him what an idiot he is - myself included. Here, you tacitly approve SiouxMeNow's comments and jump all over the offended parties when they start to point out how hypocritical you've been. We've got embarrassments in both our houses. We punish them up to, and including, banning them. What do you do?

Point taken. I guess people should have jumped all over him but they didn't waste their time. When he gets to the point where he is as big of a douche as Lakes then he should be banned for good.

I agree though, those posts are a great way to get banned and should have been removed. But, its not my website or yours for that matter.

One more thing: please don't compare this forum to Tony's when it comes to clean posting--we have never had this problem before, unlike yours. That site was built on smack.

I have an extensive list of "ignored" posters. I find that it's easier to ignore stupidity, regardless of the allegiance of the poster, rather than be bothered by it. I believe the moderators here are very responsive to objectionable posts if they're reported. And plenty of posters have been banned.

I am in no way defending that completely moronic post, but how do you know the mods changed the post (and not the poster)? I think most feel that Jim is more tolerant than a lot of other board organizers, but I suspect he just hasn't yet had that particular post come to his attention. If it were up to me, I would choose differently than Jim does on occasion, but it's his site. Most of us Sioux fans have things other than the 'SU softball team on our minds right now. By the way, tony is hardly a paragon of virtue. You may prefer his board to Jim's, but certainly no one is forcing you to visit Jim's.

I am in no way defending that completely moronic post, but how do you know the mods changed the post (and not the poster)? I think most feel that Jim is more tolerant than a lot of other board organizers, but I suspect he just hasn't yet had that particular post come to his attention. If it were up to me, I would choose differently than Jim does on occasion, but it's his site. Most of us Sioux fans have things other than the 'SU softball team on our minds right now. By the way, tony is hardly a paragon of virtue. You may prefer his board to Jim's, but certainly no one is forcing you to visit Jim's.

;):love:

and yeah - I defend UND and I PUNCH BACK!!! I believe I'm slightly above LakesBison because I can spell AND conjugate verbs - which I ALSO believe keeps me on this board! :D Maybe that's just me...

Actually, I think the softball story is a lot bigger.

Never forget the "atta-boy/oh-crap" rule: Just one "oh-crap" wipes out thousands of "atta-boys".

Volleyball, basketball, and now softball, got you some atta-boys around the region.

Thanks to Schultenover, your marquee sport is now tied to the phrases "dealing marijuana" and "'large quantities' of marijuana" --> Oh-crap.

Believe what you will, but this "oh-crap", like every, follows the rule.