SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey Off-Season Thread

AZSIOUX

Get the guy a uniform!

fattest.png

Sweet mother of mercy. Look at that: He's completely collapsing a mattress! Are we sure that a rink, the ice and concrete, would support him? I wouldn't want to forfeit because we broke the rink.

Secondly, although I'm happy that stack of grimy towels is there, are we sure it was necessary. It seems he may have "natural cover".

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Radio affiliates announced

UND sent out a release this afternoon saying that Clear Channel will continue to service as the flagship station, and it also announced the affiliates that will carry Sioux hockey this season.

North Dakota

Grand Forks -- 96.1 FM

Fargo -- 790 AM

Minot -- 1390 AM

Devils Lake -- 102.5 FM

Langdon -- 106.7 FM

Dickinson -- 1460 AM

Williston -- 101.1 FM

Minnesota

Mahnomen -- 101.5 FM

Thief River Falls -- 1230 AM

Warroad -- 1410 AM

Montana

Plentywood -- 1070 AM

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Sioux fan fest announced

This year's version of Meet the Sioux will be called "Sioux Fan Fest" and it's going to be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 12 in Ralph Engelstad Arena.

Fans will have an opportunity to get autographs, take photos and go through a question-and-answer session with the players and coaches. There also will be a hockey skills participation area.

Other highlights include an opportunity to bid on Fighting Sioux memorabilia, purchase media guides, sign up for Sioux Kids Club, Sioux Crew and Fighting Sioux Club and a chance to sign up to ride the Zamboni.

That hair looks suspiciously similar to the 'dos sported by a hated team from the south... :)

or hundreds/thousands of other teams that do crazy stuff for the playoffs in hockey ???:lol:

im sure he will be ready to roll, this kid can play form everything ive read and seen on him. this could be a class that produce 3 big time players over time at und in rowney, cichy and kristo

• 2 weeks later...
so the roster should look like this it it stays like is and the only thing is adding a 3rd goalie

F

VANDEVELDE

ZAJAC

FRATTIN

MALONE

TRUPP

DAVIDSON

GREGOIRE

HEXTALL

LAMOUREUX

TOEWS

CICHY

KRISTO

ROWNEY

BRUNETEAU

D

GENOWAY

LAPOINT

MARTO

BLOOD

FIENHAGE

MACWILLIAM

GLEASON

HILL

G

EIDSNESS

DELL

?

14 forwards: seems like opportunity for a walk-on (as one more would make five lines for practice).

And no name for a third goalie, or did I miss it?

hf montreal top 20 prospects - kristo in and cichy barely out as of now

10. (11) Danny Kristo, RW, 19

Acquired 2nd round, 56th overall, 2008

Kristo's already been introduced to the Canadiens way through his experience with the development and rookie camps. This season, he's going to have a daily reminder of what the future may hold in store for him. Not only will Habs' seventh-round draft pick Michael Cichy join him as a freshman at the University of North Dakota, he'll also room with the 2008 second-rounder.

Kristo played with Team USA at last season's World Junior Hockey Championships, and he'll be expected to assume a much larger role as a returning veteran.

Kristo's known as a goal scorer, but this year -- especially at Team USA's development camp -- he's shown that he's worked on his speed and all-around aspects of his game.

In 50 games last season with Omaha, he scored 22 goals and finished with 58 points. As a freshman, he should bring a strong offensive component to North Dakota's offense and, despite his underclassman status, looks to assume a leadership role on this club.

hf montreal top 20 prospects - kristo in and cichy barely out as of now

10. (11) Danny Kristo, RW, 19

Acquired 2nd round, 56th overall, 2008

Kristo's already been introduced to the Canadiens way through his experience with the development and rookie camps. This season, he's going to have a daily reminder of what the future may hold in store for him. Not only will Habs' seventh-round draft pick Michael Cichy join him as a freshman at the University of North Dakota, he'll also room with the 2008 second-rounder.

Kristo played with Team USA at last season's World Junior Hockey Championships, and he'll be expected to assume a much larger role as a returning veteran.

Kristo's known as a goal scorer, but this year -- especially at Team USA's development camp -- he's shown that he's worked on his speed and all-around aspects of his game.

In 50 games last season with Omaha, he scored 22 goals and finished with 58 points. As a freshman, he should bring a strong offensive component to North Dakota's offense and, despite his underclassman status, looks to assume a leadership role on this club.

Everything I read about him makes it sound like he's just a stud. I remember reading an article when he committed where he said he's always wanted to play for UND. I believe he was born and raised in Eden Prairie. Does his family have ties to the UND program?

I concur.

However, we've heard about so many "play through it" injuries after recent seasons I'm wondering why another skater isn't looked at.

Blais seemed to run with 26 (15F, 8D, 3G).

I agree I think your 26 breakdown is ideal. But that's where Hak earns his money I guess.

Everything I read about him makes it sound like he's just a stud. I remember reading an article when he committed where he said he's always wanted to play for UND. I believe he was born and raised in Eden Prairie. Does his family have ties to the UND program?

Technically, he wasn't born and raised in Eden Prairie. He was born in Minnesota, yes. Then I believe he spent some time away from MInnesota in Indiana I believe and returned to Minnesota sometime before high school and then went to Ann Arbor. His dad played at Bemidji and I heard a family friend works for the UND Alumni Foundation, so they do have some ties. So he really didn't grow up in Eden Prairie if you think about it.

I concur.

However, we've heard about so many "play through it" injuries after recent seasons I'm wondering why another skater isn't looked at.

Blais seemed to run with 26 (15F, 8D, 3G).

From what I understand, Hakstol is going to put his stamp on a new trend in roster/scholarship management by recruiting a "hybrid" player. In a sense, sort of like the football "wildcat" this 3rd goalie will suit up as a forward or defenseman for most games, but be available for emergency duty in nets when necessary.

Ditka would have thought of it if he was in the right sport.

Technically, he wasn't born and raised in Eden Prairie. He was born in Minnesota, yes. Then I believe he spent some time away from MInnesota in Indiana I believe and returned to Minnesota sometime before high school and then went to Ann Arbor. His dad played at Bemidji and I heard a family friend works for the UND Alumni Foundation, so they do have some ties. So he really didn't grow up in Eden Prairie if you think about it.

I know his father, Mark, has Bemidji ties. He's good friends with some guys from Warroad that played with im at Bemidji.

I believe he played one year of varsity hockey at EP...used to hear his name a lot around the metro...

hf toronto top 20 prospects

Another prospect who made positive statistical strides last season was 21-year-old Frattin. The sophomore known for his goal-scoring instincts tallied 13 goals, which was a nine-goal improvement over his freshman campaign. His 25 points in 42 games was also an improvement on the 15 he had a season ago.

So hopefully he will improve his point totals 10-15 points this season.

Anybody see Brad's blog? Yikes! Not a good start to the season.

Extremely disappointing if you ask me. Frattin was poised to have a big season, and I was looking forward to seeing him skate with Malone and VV. But I guess you can't fix stupid. It does make me wonder if Corban Knight is getting a phone call though.

Extremely disappointing if you ask me. Frattin was poised to have a big season, and I was looking forward to seeing him skate with Malone and VV. But I guess you can't fix stupid. It does make me wonder if Corban Knight is getting a phone call though.

It's going to be quite difficult to get someone to campus now with school beginning next week. I sure hope so though since 13 forwards is rather low.