SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

I have the 90cm Hot Dish and although the signal quality is poor the picture is fine here with no breakups. maybe I should not say that or the will turn it down another notch : (

Pixelating for me with the hotdish90. Drew can't scan it in, although he has everything else I have.

If that were the case I would think last year's feeds would have junk but I think they were pretty good. Anybody remember how the feed was last year?

Since the change to 91W a couple years ago, signal was always at 80%, better than any signal from prior years. That changed this year.

Every home game this year I have to tweak my dish 1 deg. W from the 91w position. Then I can get 70%+ signal and quality. Enjoyed a fine picture of tonight's broadcast.

The transponder must be off to the side of the satellite or something, I don't know, But I can tell you that when I'm pointed right at 91w I get zippo for signal, even though I see other channels on that satellite just fine.

Every home game this year I have to tweak my dish 1 deg. W from the 91w position. Then I can get 70%+ signal and quality. Enjoyed a fine picture of tonight's broadcast.

The transponder must be off to the side of the satellite or something, I don't know, But I can tell you that when I'm pointed right at 91w I get zippo for signal, even though I see other channels on that satellite just fine.

I live in Twin Cities SW metro and have the same issue...PSB helped me point the dish to get it to 91w and then I fine tuned it during one of the football games to get a good signal...that being said, I haven't had JACK SQUAT for over a month...:(

I live in Twin Cities SW metro and have the same issue...PSB helped me point the dish to get it to 91w and then I fine tuned it during one of the football games to get a good signal...that being said, I haven't had JACK SQUAT for over a month...:(

Like me, you may have to 'tweak' every game. I have to run out with the cell phone and call someone inside who can tell me what the signal quality is while I tweak the dish. It's pretty sensitive, and doesn't take much to miss the spot. Pretty sure when I turn the system off at the end of the night and back on the next eve., the motor moves the dish back to 91w position (home position) and I lose my spot from the night before. If you have a fixed dish though, you shouldn't be having trouble once you make the adjustment.

FYI, I have the 90cm Hotdish.

Like me, you may have to 'tweak' every game. I have to run out with the cell phone and call someone inside who can tell me what the signal quality is while I tweak the dish. It's pretty sensitive, and doesn't take much to miss the spot. Pretty sure when I turn the system off at the end of the night and back on the next eve., the motor moves the dish back to 91w position (home position) and I lose my spot from the night before. If you have a fixed dish though, you shouldn't be having trouble once you make the adjustment.

FYI, I have the 90cm Hotdish.

Fixed dish, 75 cm...worked great for the last 7-8 years...this year, total disaster...oh well, FTA is not a guarantee...it may get better...I hope...

So you set it at 92 degrees west? What else do you get for feeds when you do that? Guess I will standing out in the cold a little more come January. Rather try that than the other route.

So you set it at 92 degrees west? What else do you get for feeds when you do that? Guess I will standing out in the cold a little more come January. Rather try that than the other route.

I can't say I "set" it for 92 deg. w., but rather "nudge" it to the west from the 91w position. And I figure the nudge is good for about 1 degree.

And it REALLY helps to communicate with someone inside the house when you 'nudge' as my dish is 200' away from the house. Running back and forth isn't a good option.

I can't say I "set" it for 92 deg. w., but rather "nudge" it to the west from the 91w position. And I figure the nudge is good for about 1 degree.

And it REALLY helps to communicate with someone inside the house when you 'nudge' as my dish is 200' away from the house. Running back and forth isn't a good option.

Signal is poor this year, that's all that there is to it. Pete tried the bump last night on a hotdish90 with no luck. I have a 90 also but didn't try, just gave up. Not sure there is any one solution for everyone other than to get more power (or a much large dish).

My Dad in Lakota last night said his FSSN channel was terrible. Good in the first period than progressing worse the rest of the game with lines and extremely blurry picture. Unwatchable by the third period and turned the channel. Called me this morning to see who won. So FSSN signal is way down even 60 miles away so we are not the only ones with low signal quality. Sure is nice that the Ralph is so loyal to its fans out here in FTA land. Loyalty of the fans should be their first priority after they gave away the nickname and now the satellite feed. If it is about money I guess they won't get anymore from alot of us out here in FTA land. Does it shock me? No. Or better yet how much would we have to spend to get a signal we can watch?

My Dad in Lakota last night said his FSSN channel was terrible. Good in the first period than progressing worse the rest of the game with lines and extremely blurry picture. Unwatchable by the third period and turned the channel. Called me this morning to see who won. So FSSN signal is way down even 60 miles away so we are not the only ones with low signal quality. Sure is nice that the Ralph is so loyal to its fans out here in FTA land. Loyalty of the fans should be their first priority after they gave away the nickname and now the satellite feed. If it is about money I guess they won't get anymore from alot of us out here in FTA land. Does it shock me? No. Or better yet how much would we have to spend to get a signal we can watch?

Same thing here in Mayville. I kept thinking, "Thank God this isn't the Gopher or Omaha series in January." I hope it isn't a portent of things to come.

I've had a FTA for the past couple years and I've loved it! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch a single game on it this year.

Fortunately, thought, I have DirecTV and can get them on FCS.

Now...to complain about the Ralph or UND being disloyal to the fans because of the low signal is a bit unfair. Tell me...how many of us are now able to watch our teams across the country on more "mainstream" cable and satellite systems because of the contract they signed with FCS to carry the games? I'd say the university has taken greater steps toward fan loyalty than away from it. Sure, it isn't "free," but this is the type of exposure most of us fans have been clamoring for.

It sucks to lose the FTA option, but our options for watching Sioux sports on something other than local cable is far more that I had ever hoped for at this point.

• Upvote 1