SiouxSports.com Forum

Bemidji State in the WCHA?

undchris

Why is Omaha being targeted?

If they had interest in the WCHA, wouldn't they have applied by now?

Please go back to Bisonville where you belong. If you have to ask you really don't have a clue do you?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad's blog addressed this. It would be the Final Six. Top two teams get byes, then 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5. Then re-sead for the semi-finals. And the 3rd place game would be eliminated.

Here is a thought do people really think the WCHA = $ would give up the third place game?

We will see. I do like the idea of starting early on Thursday, then it can become a longer three day event.

Yesssss.

Here is a thought do people really think the WCHA = $ would give up the third place game?

We will see. I do like the idea of starting early on Thursday, then it can become a longer three day event.

Yesssss.

i actually agree with goon's thinking here. i bet they would keep the third place game and have a three day, two game per day event. one more game means more $$$ right. and we all know that the $$$$ does most of the talking in the world of college athletics.

i actually agree with goon's thinking here. i bet they would keep the third place game and have a three day, two game per day event. one more game means more $$$ right. and we all know that the $$$$ does most of the talking in the world of college athletics.

Oh my I would need to take monday off after a super six. ???

UCLA for the WCHA anyone? ???

ucla-cheerleaders22.jpg

my favorites, i go to ucla games just for that purpose when they are in town in any sport that they bring cheerleaders :)

or i can grab a few down in tempe :)

asu+girls.jpg

just quote me like the ASHER ROTH and ill say I LOVE COLLEGE (aka-ASU), think its time to go back :D

asu.jpgASU1.jpg

my favorites, i go to ucla games just for that purpose when they are in town in any sport that they bring cheerleaders ???

asu%20girls.jpg

just quote me like the ASHER ROTH and ill say I LOVE COLLEGE (aka-ASU), think its time to go back :)

asu.jpgASU1.jpg

Holy Cow I would go to school for like 8 years if I was at ASU at TEMPE. :D

Holy Cow I would go to school for like 8 years if I was at ASU at TEMPE. :D

yeah i think its about that time to go van wilder and be around 35,000 females and get that masters ASAP, just hit the gym back up before i apply and step foot back on campus ???:)

Just wanted to comment on Omaha. Omaha has publically stated that they are happy in the CCHA, but I think that is just to appease the CCHA. Currenlty UNO is way out of the CCHA's geographic footprint. If Omaha was in the WCHA they'd have bus trips for just about every opponent except Anchorage, and Tech. Now Denver and CC could bus to a couple of games a year probably saving $50,000. I for one would love heading down to Omaha for a UND weekend. The Qwest Center is world class and the Old Market is GREAT!!

I know the Final 5 has been very successful at the X, but I can see the WCHA enticing UNO with a promise of a Final 5(6) in the future. Omaha has everything that St. Paul has to be a host. Great facility, plenty of hotel rooms, great restaurants and night life, plus the Omaha area is a sports crazy town that would help sell out the Final 5 every year. Also, most years you'll be able to GOLF in mid-March!!!

Just wanted to comment on Omaha. Omaha has publically stated that they are happy in the CCHA, but I think that is just to appease the CCHA. Currenlty UNO is way out of the CCHA's geographic footprint. If Omaha was in the WCHA they'd have bus trips for just about every opponent except Anchorage, and Tech. Now Denver and CC could bus to a couple of games a year probably saving $50,000. I for one would love heading down to Omaha for a UND weekend. The Qwest Center is world class and the Old Market is GREAT!!

I know the Final 5 has been very successful at the X, but I can see the WCHA enticing UNO with a promise of a Final 5(6) in the future. Omaha has everything that St. Paul has to be a host. Great facility, plenty of hotel rooms, great restaurants and night life, plus the Omaha area is a sports crazy town that would help sell out the Final 5 every year. Also, most years you'll be able to GOLF in mid-March!!!

You sold me.

But why didn't they apply, then?

How many fans will their hockey facility hold?

my favorites, i go to ucla games just for that purpose when they are in town in any sport that they bring cheerleaders :)

asu%20girls.jpg

just quote me like the ASHER ROTH and ill say I LOVE COLLEGE (aka-ASU), think its time to go back :D

asu.jpgASU1.jpg

I can't believe you forgot USC!! IMO, the class of the PAC 10.

usc_trojans.jpg

Why do I want to be a "Trojan Man"!! ???

Sorry this topic may be headed in the gutter.

I think they are waiting to see if Huntsville gets accepted. It sounds like the WCHA has contacted either Northern Michigan or Omaha, my guess is Omaha, I hope.

I guess my line of thinking on this is that Huntsville wouldn't get accepted into the CCHA until someone leaves, either Northern Mich or Omaha.

But if neither of those schools apply to the WCHA...then what?

I guess my line of thinking on this is that Huntsville wouldn't get accepted into the CCHA until someone leaves, either Northern Mich or Omaha.

But if neither of those schools apply to the WCHA...then what?

Neither of those schools did apply and are not going to apply (left to their own devices). It's going to take the WCHA headhunting to get it done, which is basically what the WCHA just authorized yesterday. I think everyone agrees the likely target is Omaha. Omaha makes a lot more sense than Northern Michigan. It's smart for Omaha to publicly state that they want to stay in the CCHA. The WCHA will have to put together a nice little incentive package to convince them to make the switch.

i would be all for uno and bsu joining... and i'd be right on board with the siouxper 6 being held in omaha every other year. the advantages are numerous... not the least of which would be decent weather for some golf, and not having to be in gooferville for the tourney every year. omaha is a fun town, better than mpls in my opinion, but to each their own as i have never lived in the cities. we used to live across from the old aksarben barn where the lancers used to play, and went to a few uno games the last couple years we were there. it's a great sports city, and has a strong hockey contingent. i have never been to a hockey game at the quest center, but seems it would fit the seating requirements for the wcha tourney, so why not. i'm sure our brown and yellow faithful to the east would have a different take on this. isn't this where someone will chime in that wisconson and minny will take their toys and go home now (the great big 10 conspiracy ??? )

Adam Wodon said in anarticle on CHN that he doesn't think that omaha or norhtern mich will leave the ccha which may lead to the formation a the dreaded Big 10 conference to save the little guys in college hockey. My question is who would be in this conference besides minn,wisc,mich, mich state ohio state. penn state? notre dame?