SiouxSports.com Forum

Need stat help!

FightingSioux4

I am having an argument with someone on sports bet on facebook.

The person is a Goofer fan and says that with all the mn teams combined, they beat out our Sioux with titles?

Any stat person out there able to help me beat this person down?

Also....how many titles do the badgers have?

The person is a Goofer fan and says that with all the mn teams combined, they beat out our Sioux with titles?

If they are talking just hockey they would be wrong! The goofs have 5 national titles in hockey, St. Cloud has zero and Mankato has zero. UMD is the problem I am not sure how many they have.

If they are talking just hockey they would be wrong! The goofs have 5 national titles in hockey, St. Cloud has zero and Mankato has zero. UMD is the problem I am not sure how many they have.

This is what the moron said 4 days ago.....

"U of M fans are not stupids fans. Don't kid yourself. As of yesterday they were still ranked 5th in the nation overall. If they don't make it they don't make it. They haven't played consistantly enough for it to be an easy lock. ND has been good the last few years...but don't forget...Minnesota and Wisconsin will ALWAYS rule WHCA hockey (MN has 5 Division one teams)."

I get a kick out of the, 1) Goofs ranked 5th 2) ND has been good the last few years....LMAO. I have sat on this for a few days, but I just can't help but reply....LOL

What's WHCA hockey? :lol:

I bet UND, DU, and CC would take issue with that statement. DU has more titles than all MN schools combined as well. ;)

Now you know why I can't let this go....just another goofer fan thinking they know everything and their team is queen of the jungle!

Love the sigs! :lol:

Just got a reply from our goofer fan....gawd, they don't quit!

"And which state has turned out more successful hockey players? I think the majority of that 1980 Miracle on Ice team were from Minnie. We are the State of Hockey for a reason.

I am glad they didn't make the tournament this year. Maybe now they'll get back to playing Gopher hockey...not this crap we as fans have been subjected to for the last few years."

Mn in the 4th winningest program in the WCHA in terms of national championships.. DU and UND both have seven, Wisconsin has six, and MN five. UND won three titles in the eighties, one in the nineties and one in 2000. We lost in the title game in 79, 2001, and 2005.

As a side note, UND also has the most WCHA championships with 14.

No rink in the WCHA hangs more banners than the Ralph...unless you hang them for women's hockey or "participation"

"And which state has turned out more successful hockey players? I think the majority of that 1980 Miracle on Ice team were from Minnie. We are the State of Hockey for a reason.

I am glad they didn't make the tournament this year. Maybe now they'll get back to playing Gopher hockey...not this crap we as fans have been subjected to for the last few years."

I would think Michigan and Mass have both turned out just as many if not more pros. Of course Herby was a Minnesotan, and he was partial to some of his own players. That team had a ton of Mass guys too. Besides, that is a great story for being a "miracle" Minnesota is not Ontario!

I believe they have one

It is so easy to defeat these guys in a battle of wits. I would say that this guy is living in the past, 1980 was over 29 years ago. Then I ussually go with the 7 > 5 then If that doesn't work I can do a cup count of McNaughten Cups, then you can go to the NHL players from UND.

Just for the record DU and UND have 7 titles, Wisconsin has 6 titles and UMN is stuck at 5 titles.

AAU titles do not count.

This is what the moron said 4 days ago.....

"U of M fans are not stupids fans. Don't kid yourself. As of yesterday they were still ranked 5th in the nation overall. If they don't make it they don't make it. They haven't played consistantly enough for it to be an easy lock. ND has been good the last few years...but don't forget...Minnesota and Wisconsin will ALWAYS rule WHCA hockey (MN has 5 Division one teams)."

I get a kick out of the, 1) Goofs ranked 5th 2) ND has been good the last few years....LMAO. I have sat on this for a few days, but I just can't help but reply....LOL

MN may have 5 D1 teams, but Mich and Mass both have more. Mich has 7 (LSSU, MTU, NMU, UM, MSU, FSU, CMU, WMU), and I think Mass has 7 as well, but can't name 'em all (BU, BC, Harvard, UMass, UMass-Lowell, Holy Cross, ? [too lazy to look])

I believe Michigan (as a state, not just UM) also holds the most D1 titles, although can't confirm it, and I'm not going to look that up either.

Your MN "buddy" is about as dumb as it gets and shows Minnesota's true colors. He(?) doesn't even have to be a Gophers fan, it's just a general MN-born sports fan.

MN may have 5 D1 teams, but Mich and Mass both have more. Mich has 7 (LSSU, MTU, NMU, UM, MSU, FSU, CMU, WMU), and I think Mass has 7 as well, but can't name 'em all (BU, BC, Harvard, UMass, UMass-Lowell, Holy Cross, ? [too lazy to look])

Holy Cross is in Worcester, MA

Holy Cross is in Worcester, MA

Right. The ? was for any more beyond those 6 i listed. There's an AHA or ECAC school I can't remember I believe, if not 2 more, that are from MA.

EDIT: I'm dumb...brain fart. NORTHEASTERN! I even watched a game there, so not sure how I forgot that one.

Right. The ? was for any more beyond those 6 i listed. There's an AHA or ECAC school I can't remember I believe, if not 2 more, that are from MA.

EDIT: I'm dumb...brain fart. NORTHEASTERN! I even watched a game there, so not sure how I forgot that one.

Isn't Bently, Harvard, Umass Lowell, UMass Amherst, BU, B.C. Holy Cross, N.E. Merimack, That is the ones that I can remember.

I don't think there are anymore.

Isn't Bently, Harvard, Umass Lowell, UMass Amherst, BU, B.C. Holy Cross, N.E. That is the ones that I can remember.

I don't think there are anymore.

Thank you, Thank you for all of your responses!!!

I am thinking it was, at least, something to think about besides the upcoming meeting with UNH!

I have posted for the person I was arguing with and we have called a truce....LOL...don't know if it is male/female....just didn't want to get into anymore back and forth crap that they obviously didn't know about!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX.....oh hell...I just LOVE ma boys!!!

(hey, Andrew?:lol: pull your head out for this one, eh?)

"And which state has turned out more successful hockey players? I think the majority of that 1980 Miracle on Ice team were from Minnie. We are the State of Hockey for a reason"

this is such a common cop out among goofer fans. they start a debate about umn vs und. as soon as they're put in their place about the real history of both teams, they immediately try to change the debate to one about which state, mn or nd, has produced more successful hockey players. this argument is basically the same as saying "haha, we have a larger population than you do".

this is classic goofer back-tracking. if this was an organized debate, this guy would lose points for such an off-topic comment.

well, i actually have never participated, nor even seen, an organized debate, but this should be a penalty, so i'm calling it a foul. that puts the current score at:

und fan: 100, umn fan: moron

Had a conversation with a gopher fan on Friday night in the tent across fromm the X. Found out that TJ Oshie is Canadian because he is from Spokane(pronounced Spoke Cane), Washington, Canada and that Lamoreaux has to be Canadian(it didn't occur to him that the Lamoreaux's that play for the Gopher women were his sisters). Told him I wouldn't care if our entire team was Canadian as long as they continued to kick the gopher's a$$ year in and year out. He also told me he was happy UMD beat us because they also only have all Minnesota kids.