SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UNH WILDCATS

AZSIOUX

Joe looks bad b/c he's covering all 3 guys in front of our net while Chay is off in la-la-land.

Give it a rest already.

Edit: What I mean is that Finley makes mistakes that have nothing to do with Genoway, and vice versa. Finley's return is the single biggest event that turned the team around, and Genoway won WCHA defensive player of the year because he's paired with an extremely complimentary defense partner. Now is not the time to be taking shots at anyone, as everyone on the team makes mistakes pretty much every game.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Brett Hextall walking around campus with a brace on his leg???

Harrington slashed him with his goalie stick and told him that he needs to score more goals. :lol:

I believe that Hextall has been playing injured for a couple weekends now.

Hopefully he and Watkins are healed up enough to play this weekend!

I believe that Hextall has been playing injured for a couple weekends now.

Hopefully he and Watkins are healed up enough to play this weekend!

Agree with Hexy. He didn't look to be close to full speed this past weekend.

Give it a rest already.

Edit: What I mean is that Finley makes mistakes that have nothing to do with Genoway, and vice versa. Finley's return is the single biggest event that turned the team around, and Genoway won WCHA defensive player of the year because he's paired with an extremely complimentary defense partner. Now is not the time to be taking shots at anyone, as everyone on the team makes mistakes pretty much every game.

Thank you. I couldn't agree more. I have been saying the same thing.

Maybe someone can help me out here but if I remember correctly Hextal didn't play in the third period of the Saturday game.

He was wearing the brace on his leg last wed. when he visited EGF New Heights school. Four came for lunch and read a book. My daughter was thrilled they came. When she talked about a player with a cast(brace) she said it was #26

...Eidsness made a bad play but you still gotta put the puck in the net to win...

Not necessarily; when he turns his back to the play to stop the puck behind the net, it's up to the dman to let him know what to do withthe puck, if leaving it there is the wrong thing to do (as it was once in each game). A communication failure; something you seldom see that results in two goals.

Wildcats, where they want to be, draw Sioux

As the Wildcats watched the NCAA Selection Show on ESPN2 yesterday, there was no cheering, no yelling in a subdued upstairs lounge at the Whittemore Center when their assignment was posted on the screen.

"No one's going to be happy playing North Dakota," said senior and captain Greg Collins later.

I just love how other schools have reacted to drawing UND (or not drawing us) in the NCAA's. Remember last year? Michigan was reacting "YES! We don't have to play effing North Dakota ..."

This program has earned a psychological edge over the decades. UND has the best winning percentage all-time in NCAA play, and you can bet that will be a factor in UNH's head. Especially if we can get the first goal Saturday.

MEN'S HOCKEY PLAYS SECOND-SEEDED NORTH DAKOTA IN NCAA'S IN MANCHESTER
The 12th-ranked University of New Hampshire men's ice hockey team will compete in the NCAA's for an eighth-straight season when it opens play at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Saturday, March 28 (2 p.m.) against seventh-ranked North Dakota. For the third time in program history, UNH will serve as the regional host at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, N.H. The third-seeded Wildcats and second-seeded Fighting Sioux open Saturday's action at 2 p.m. live on ESPN2, while the day will conclude with top-ranked Boston University against fourth-seeded Ohio State at 5:30 p.m. on ESPN2. The winners of both first round games will meet in the regional final on Sunday, March 29 at 5:30 p.m. live on ESPNU.

It would be very helpful if half or more of our passes weren't intercepted or passed to an opposing player. :lol:

Agree passing was just off. At least that's how it looked from our row! Didn't get to say goodbye on my way out Saturday. Great seeing you again and meeting your family! Go SIoux!

By all means continue to post links in this thread because it allows discussion, but this is a good time for me to stump a little bit for the News page (click News on the navbar at the top to go to http://news.siouxsports.com).

Particularly when there are all these articles in unusual sources, it's a handy one-page stop for the most recent articles about the Sioux (or Sioux hockey in particular, if you limit it to such).

Though I try to keep up with scouring the web (as I did for all the years before that page), now anyone can submit a link.

Strong start will be crucial for UNH hockey team

Maybe the most frustrating thing for fans who came out to watch the University of New Hampshire hockey team get swept by Boston College in the Hockey East quarterfinals two weekends ago was how little they had to cheer.

Of the 120 minutes of hockey, the Wildcats led for zero of them. They trailed for 101. On nights when the Whittemore Center crowds were thinned by spring break, that certainly didn't make the building any louder.

Getting an early lead would really make UNH question themselves.