SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

Good point. Look at Bayda and how long he kept at it until the NHL called. VV will make it but just not the first year he signs unless he lights it up. I ran into one of boys at a camp this weekend and I asked if VV was coming back for sure and he said yes....huge piece right there.

Look how long it took for Tim Thomas to break into the NHL. If memory serves, Tim got his NHL break as a backup goaltender call up due to injury.

Goon can correct me. Tim wasn't initially meant to be "the answer" in Boston... now, however...

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense but Denver just doesn't scare me all that much and I have never been impressed with Rhett R.

It will be fun watching UND beat them again.

It is a cool hockey name. Still he must be scum after hanging out with Gwozdickey for 3 years and wanting to come back.

No offense but Denver just doesn't scare me all that much and I have never been impressed with Rhett R.

I don't think Denver's anything to drool over either. Decent, but that's it. I just enjoy other teams struggling with early departures. ( I'm not a very nice person, I admit it ??? )

I don't think Denver's anything to drool over either. Decent, but that's it. I just enjoy other teams struggling with early departures. ( I'm not a very nice person, I admit it ??? )

Denver will be good...but has nothing over the Sioux....the last time we had zero early departures was when?

I don't know what Rhett you've watched, but I've been pretty impressed with his playmaking abilities. Sometimes it comes in spurts, but you can't make a play every time down the ice or your team will never lose. He's done some pretty impressive stuff, IMO.

I don't know what Rhett you've watched, but I've been pretty impressed with his playmaking abilities. Sometimes it comes in spurts, but you can't make a play every time down the ice or your team will never lose. He's done some pretty impressive stuff, IMO.

Losing Bozak was the big blow to DU

Maybe we are spoiled watching all of the great UND players over the years.

rahkshanni could be a 1st team wcha player next season, he is a hell of a hockey player along with ruegsegger. dealy combo to go against. i would take him anyday on the sioux.

I think if Rhett was a Sioux, we'd be calling him as one of the great ones. Maybe not Toews great, but he would be a first liner here for sure.

Rhett one of the "great ones" I don't think so sorry. To even put him in the same sentence as Toews is laughable.

Don't forget about Ruegsegger too. Denver must be pretty good if they can go the whole year without Bozak and still finish right behind the Sioux. Remember, we didn't have to play in Denver last year, which certainly was a bonus. Denver also is picking up some very high-end talent, as I believe we are as well. I believe Denver will be challenging for the WCHA title again.

Rhett one of the "great ones" I don't think so sorry. To even put him in the same sentence as Toews is laughable.

Can you read? I didn't say he was a Toews or anything near that. If Rhett played for the Sioux, he'd be as hyped of a player as many that have been through here recently. Now, when I say that, some idiots think I mean I'm trying to call him a Toews, which I'm not. However, I don't think anyone on the team right now (do I have to underline that?) could make some of the plays Rhett does. VV is a more well-rounded player and can do a lot for you (so I'd take VV over him for those reasons), but for pure playmaking, Rhett is very talented.

It's easy for some people to say he isn't as good because he plays for Denver, but I guess I don't feel that way.

Don't forget about Ruegsegger too. Denver must be pretty good if they can go the whole year without Bozak and still finish right behind the Sioux. Remember, we didn't have to play in Denver last year, which certainly was a bonus. Denver also is picking up some very high-end talent, as I believe we are as well. I believe Denver will be challenging for the WCHA title again.

Denver will be the pre-season favorite to win the WCHA.

The Bozak loss is huge, but if they keep Rahkshani, Ruegsegger, Wiercioch, and Colborne, they'll be very good.

I still think the Sioux can take them ( ??? ), but DU will be contending for both WCHA trophies at the end of the season once again.

Denver will be the pre-season favorite to win the WCHA.

The Bozak loss is huge, but if they keep Rahkshani, Ruegsegger, Wiercioch, and Colborne, they'll be very good.

I still think the Sioux can take them ( ??? ), but DU will be contending for both WCHA trophies at the end of the season once again.

agreed. heading into the season I'd put DU 1 and the Sioux as 2 just because I have more faith in Chevrie than BE at this point. BE kind of collapsed at the end of the year. offensively they both have some fire power returning and coming in.

I do not think that BE collapsed it was the team defense that collapsed!! Chevrie is not that good!!

Personally I am not impressed with DU goalie and I think in the End that Eidsness will be better than Chevrie.