SiouxSports.com Forum

Best seat in the house ?

Fetch

I'm curious what you think is the best seat at a Hockey Game ?

& Why ?

Lower bowl ? Upper bowl ? Near the glass ? Center ice or the ends ? Etc. ?

I would guess a lot has to do with what your used to

I have sat all over (here & the Excel Center) & still prefer up higher (top of lower bowl or low in upper bowl) & of course the end the Sioux shoot twice :(

I like to see all of the ice & action & watch plays develop - you miss some of that being too close

What do you think ?

I'm curious what you think is the best seat at a Hockey Game ?

& Why ?

Lower bowl ? Upper bowl ? Near the glass ? Center ice or the ends ? Etc. ?

I would guess a lot has to do with what your used to

I have sat all over (here & the Excel Center) & still prefer up higher (top of lower bowl or low in upper bowl) & of course the end the Sioux shoot twice :(

I like to see all of the ice & action & watch plays develop - you miss some of that being too close

What do you think ?

Upper deck in the corners. I sit on the end that UND shoots at twice. Love those seats.

As a student, the best view I have ever had of the game was yesterday. Front row of the upper bowl, center ice. As a 3 year season ticket holder, this is the first time I've gotten front row of the upper bowl because of all the d-bags that cheat for the seats, (but I won't get into that), and the view was amazing. I do like being by the action on the glass though as well...

I definitely prefer the seats i usually sit in. couple rows above the zamboni entrance and right behind the net the sioux shoot at twice. feels like i know when the goal is scored before most people do. but also in the last row up in the corner of the lower bowl the sioux shoot on twice. get to see the play develop better just not as much action, especially when the sioux score 12 on the weekend against the minnesota chokers.

For actually watching the play, I think mid to high corners are the best. You get to see the play develop and see a lot of things you would otherwise miss. I remember my dad taking me to see the Bismarck Express play the Czech Junior National team and we talked to several NHL scouts, and too a man they said the best place to watch a game was from the high corners. I've done that ever since.

Now if you are talking about impact and game day experience/atmosphere then there's nothing like being down on the boards.

I'm partial to my seats right just off the goalie's right shoulder. I've been there since The Ralph opened. It is almost like being inside the game. But from a "see the play develop" standpoint, give me a corner, halfway up. That's where I sit at the X for the Final Five.

The press box at The Ralph is hard to beat. The view of the arena is amazing! I prefer to see the entire ice surface so I can watch everything as it develops.

On the flip side, for my first Sioux/Gophers series at Mariucci Arena I sat two rows behind the benches, center ice. Those seats were incredible!

best seat I ever had was at the Pepsi center in 2007 when porter scored against frazee I was in the corner and saw the whole play develop.

I bought tickets to that game on Craig's list. The seats were owned by the head engineere who built the Pepsi Center (got lucky). They were front row club level exactly at center ice behind the benches. I leaned over the railing and yelled at the Gopher fans to sit down the entire game. I kinda went crAzy!! but it was such a riot!!

Every time a gopher fan got up or yelled out I unrelentingly yelled at them and made fun of them from the sanctuary of my club level perch. It was right over their heads. Was the sweetest thing ever. Didn't matter how mean looking of a gopher fan it was anything went cause I was up in club. I was hi on my own supply that was for sure...

I went so far as to convince my self that I single handedly took the gopher crowd in those sections out of the game. Gotta love those moments in life when you can be delusional and it's all good!

Other than something like that, I love the corners a little toward the side not the end and in the first few rows of the upper bowl or top of lower bowl.

...At the old ralph we used to move from corner to corner to be on Sioux shooting end every period..

Photography wise, the penalty box is cool because it's easy to see both ends of the ice and you are still on the glass. For the CC series, I sat right behind the penalty box (as a fan), those were some pretty good seats too. Upper bowl is nice to see the plays develop but it doesn't seem like the atmosphere is as wild up there.

In an empty rink, finding a spot in the corner where no glass support are in the way of the goal is great to see and feel the game played in the corners and behind and around the net.

Anywhere on the glass is good to take someone to show them how fast the players are really skating.

As a game worn jersey collector, nothing beats being in the first row behind the bench. It is great to see the wear on the jerseys up close. I have bid on and won jerseys that I was able to see the board burns and repairs up close. Also, you can see how the coaching staff interacts with the team and officials and vice-verses.