SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say that the Badgers come out and stun us Friday. Then Saturday, the Badgers get over-confident despite their reason swoon, and get hammered by the woken-up Sioux in front of a tense Sioux fan audience watching across the country. Denver gets an early 2 goal lead to make things really interesting with us in a 3-2 battle against UW late in the game.

NOPE, sorry but i do NOT see this happening at all!!!

I say the Sioux come out firing on all cylinders friday night, knowing if they win they have the cup, and taking it to the badgers with high intensity and solid effort from all players, the Sioux win and clinch the cup on friday. Then Saturday..... who knows... they could either take a relaxed approach into the game and save a little for the playoffs, or keep the ball rolling by coming out the same way they did friday.

Lets just hope for a minimum of 2 points this weekend!!!

GO SIOUX, The cup is right there you just have to reach out and GRAB IT!!!

...Then Saturday..... who knows... they could either take a relaxed approach into the game and save a little for the playoffs...

There is no freakin' way Hakstol is letting this team take a relaxed approach this weekend, even if they clinch the Cup on Friday.

The Sioux have been in playoff mode for a month now. Hak is not taking his foot off the pedal.

NOPE, sorry but i do NOT see this happening at all!!!

I say the Sioux come out firing on all cylinders friday night, knowing if they win they have the cup, and taking it to the badgers with high intensity and solid effort from all players, the Sioux win and clinch the cup on friday. Then Saturday..... who knows... they could either take a relaxed approach into the game and save a little for the playoffs, or keep the ball rolling by coming out the same way they did friday.

Lets just hope for a minimum of 2 points this weekend!!!

GO SIOUX, The cup is right there you just have to reach out and GRAB IT!!!

OK, picture it's the weekend of Jan 30-31. The Sioux have put a good dent into what is currently a great run of year 2k9 games. Coming off a tough tie to Denver at home, they head to SCSU....a good, but not great opponent (like Wis). Just when they can't afford to let up, the team has to head back to their hotel that Friday night with a 3-0 loss under their belts. We then proceed in punishing the Huskies for this the following night.

I think Friday road games are generally the tougher battle for the Sioux. I just don't see how the situation isn't a scary one heading into Saturday.

Coming off a tough tie to Denver at home, they head to SCSU....a good, but not great opponent (like Wis). Just when they can't afford to let up, the team has to head back to their hotel that Friday night with a 3-0 loss under their belts.

The Sioux took it to SCSU for almost that entire game. Outplayed them for most of the game and outshot them 36-18. Weslosky just had an "ON" night, while Eidsness had an "OFF" night.

It happens. But I don't think they by any means let up for that Friday night game.

Anyone who saw the Sioux team reaction when Zajac scored Sunday in OT should feel assured that this team knows what is at stake here. That certainly doesn't guarantee a win, but it does indicate that they have their heads into the game, the season, and what these games mean. I expect a split, or possibly a tie and a win. A sweep could be difficult. As for Eidsness, I believe that he has really elevated his game the past few weeks. He has gone from making the saves that he should in November/December/January to making game changing saves. He has been stopping the breakaways and most of the odd man rushes.

Anyone who saw the Sioux team reaction when Zajac scored Sunday in OT should feel assured that this team knows what is at stake here. That certainly doesn't guarantee a win, but it does indicate that they have their heads into the game, the season, and what these games mean. I expect a split, or possibly a tie and a win. A sweep could be difficult. As for Eidsness, I believe that he has really elevated his game the past few weeks. He has gone from making the saves that he should in November/December/January to making game changing saves. He has been stopping the breakaways and most of the odd man rushes.

Eidsness' positioning has always been top-notch for the most part. The problem early in the year was his rebound control. You can really see a huge difference in that this second half of the season now that he's gotten acclimated to the top-tier D1 game.

I sure hope he doesn't have a sophomore "slump" like Kangas, Bachmann, and Muse. Bachmann and Muse haven't been bad per-se, but they haven't been as stellar as last year.

I sure hope he doesn't have a sophomore "slump" like Kangas, Bachmann, and Muse. Bachmann and Muse haven't been bad per-se, but they haven't been as stellar as last year.

Dude we are getting a Dell. :silly:

The Sioux took it to SCSU for almost that entire game. Outplayed them for most of the game and outshot them 36-18. Weslosky just had an "ON" night, while Eidsness had an "OFF" night.

It happens. But I don't think they by any means let up for that Friday night game.

I was at that game and while I would agree it wasn't a 3-0 pasting I didn't feel so much like the Sioux dominated either. I thought the game was rather evenly played, but goaltending was the difference. I also thought the Sioux were capable of playing better than they did.

I do think the team payed for that effort that night, and there's been a couple of other games that could have gone against them but didn't. Is it luck? Is it hard work begetting luck? Is it just hard work and makes the break? I don't know but I do think this team's strength is in character and balance but they're not dominant. Therefore they are susceptible to losing to anyone if not everyone is ready to play. I know the team knows that because players have said that repeatedly. The key isn't knowing it, it's doing it every night. Hopefully there won't be a let down this weekend.

The Sioux have been better at home than on the road, so that's another factor.

You can't dominate every game. I think this team has had several dominant performances against pretty good teams: We've POUNDED Minnesota, Denver and Cornell (all well above average squads) and when I say pounded, I mean POUNDED.

I think the only games we've mailed in were at the GLI, and that was because the routine was all screwed up.

I also was at the SCSU game, and I think Dunc had something like 10 shots in that game with several from his spot. Normally at least 2 or 3 of those go in.

The game is dynamic, momentum swings are huge in hockey. Maybe more so than in any other sport. Anyway, the boys will be ready to play.

I was at that game and while I would agree it wasn't a 3-0 pasting I didn't feel so much like the Sioux dominated either. I thought the game was rather evenly played, but goaltending was the difference. I also thought the Sioux were capable of playing better than they did.

I do think the team payed for that effort that night, and there's been a couple of other games that could have gone against them but didn't. Is it luck? Is it hard work begetting luck? Is it just hard work and makes the break? I don't know but I do think this team's strength is in character and balance but they're not dominant. Therefore they are susceptible to losing to anyone if not everyone is ready to play. I know the team knows that because players have said that repeatedly. The key isn't knowing it, it's doing it every night. Hopefully there won't be a let down this weekend.

The Sioux have been better at home than on the road, so that's another factor.

The Sioux's road record (not including GLI and Icebreaker) is better than UW's home record. Barely, but it's right on par.