SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Files Lawsuit

BudLight

Lynn G. 02/26/2009 5:28 PM

OK. I acknowledge that I am not a hockey fan and I've never set foot in the Ralph and I know next to nothing about cryoengineering, but - I do know a liitle about the law and a little bit more about promotion, public relations and media damage control.

If the Ralph can sue to get CIMCO to replace the ice. the surface and the cooling system down to the concrete, won't that make it way cheaper for the Ralph to replace that great big offensive logo?

Does this make anybody else say "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm"?

Lynn Gifford

*bites tongue extremely hard.*

I don't have any actual readings to back my thoughts. (might be interesting to do so) But in my experience going to hockey games at the Ralph vs. The RBC Center, (home of the Carolina Hurricanes) there seems to be a noticable difference in air temperature. I'm usually colder sitting in the upper deck of a Hurricanes game than I am in any row but the front row at the Ralph. Sometimes I swear that place is almost a sauna during games. They should just try keeping it a little colder and they should see improvements with a lower heating bill and a lower cooling bill for the ice.

Plus, that cold air might liven up the crowd a little more.

OK. I acknowledge that I am not a hockey fan and I've never set foot in the Ralph and I know next to nothing about cryoengineering, but - I do know a liitle about the law and a little bit more about promotion, public relations and media damage control.

If the Ralph can sue to get CIMCO to replace the ice. the surface and the cooling system down to the concrete, won't that make it way cheaper for the Ralph to replace that great big offensive logo?

Lynn Gifford

Oh my god.

If I recall correctly, it took the Ralph a couple years to get the ice to where it is now. I remember a lot of complaints in the first couple of years about the ice not setting up very quickly and how slow it was. I'm sure every rink goes through a break-in/optimization process with their ice making, but it seems like the Ralph took an extraordinary amount of time to get it optimized.

I don't have any actual readings to back my thoughts. (might be interesting to do so) But in my experience going to hockey games at the Ralph vs. The RBC Center, (home of the Carolina Hurricanes) there seems to be a noticable difference in air temperature. I'm usually colder sitting in the upper deck of a Hurricanes game than I am in any row but the front row at the Ralph. Sometimes I swear that place is almost a sauna during games. They should just try keeping it a little colder and they should see improvements with a lower heating bill and a lower cooling bill for the ice.

Plus, that cold air might liven up the crowd a little more.

I believe they tried cooling it down in the arena a few years back, even went so far as to tell the fans to prepare for it being colder. Obviously it didn't work, or they heard a lot of complaints.

Lynn Gifford

Umm.... there's not an "offensive logo" on the concrete. The logo is painted on the ice and the original ice hasn't been in since the arena opened. The ice comes out at least once a year. Don't read any more into what it is.

I believe they tried cooling it down in the arena a few years back, even went so far as to tell the fans to prepare for it being colder. Obviously it didn't work, or they heard a lot of complaints.

It's those wimpy students who don't remember the old barn. Plus all that waving their arms creates a breeze.

In my day we'd brush the snow off the bleachers before we sat down. (True)

Get off my lawn!

lynn would have been best off sticking with "OK. I acknowledge that I am not a hockey fan and I've never set foot in the Ralph and I know next to nothing about cryoengineering," and no more.

i consider the logo on the ice to be a great big immortalizing logo. clearly our logo was intented to honor a great native race, not offend. i mean, honestly, why would anybody name a team they support after an entity they are trying to demean? that's obviously illogical and the Sioux name and logo are most definitely in place out of respect.

shame on you, lynn, for suggesting the Sioux logo and the great people it represents are offensive. would you appreciate somebody referring to your heritage as offensive? you should stop drinking from the radical kool-aid and start thinking logically.