SiouxSports.com Forum

Other Game Score Updates (Feb 20/21)

brianvf

EDIT: siouxweet...why does New Hampshire win the RPI over us when they're identical?

Not sure what source you're using, but I see about a .0005 difference here and about a .0003 difference on USCHO (which is missing about 5 finished games as of now).

There's no official tie-breaker beyond RPI (except the "interconference strength" criterion I've never seen come into play), but I've also never seen truly identical RPIs. Most of us only publish it to 4 digits, but the full actual number is what's considered in compraisons.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what source you're using, but I see about a .0005 difference here and about a .0003 difference on USCHO (which is missing about 5 finished games as of now).

There's no official tie-breaker beyond RPI (except the "interconference strength" criterion I've never seen come into play), but I've also never seen truly identical RPIs. Most of us only publish it to 4 digits, but the full actual number is what's considered in compraisons.

Ya well when I noticed it we were both tied at .5443 I believe and I was checking on CHN. It's different now there's a .0005 difference.

If you recall, Dunc's got the boot last year against the Brown and Yellow for CFB, just a minute into the game. He was just too pumped up for the goofs and goin' for it into the boards. Sometimes it's just hard play, sometimes its a cheap hit. In either case, it's a penalty and I think the game misconducts should continue. Shyiak can grouse all he wants to, but one R. Bina is too many. (In my opinion).

Now then...

GO SIOUX!!

Ya well when I noticed it we were both tied at .5443 I believe and I was checking on CHN. It's different now there's a .0005 difference.

Ah, my bad, didn't think to check there. Good source though, I've recently noticed CHN is definitely most current during games.

Anyway, that's why I tried to answer the question at large -- there is no other tie-breaker. When it looks tied, there are almost certainly digits not being displayed that are deciding.

If you recall, Dunc's got the boot last year against the Brown and Yellow for CFB, just a minute into the game. He was just too pumped up for the goofs and goin' for it into the boards. Sometimes it's just hard play, sometimes its a cheap hit. In either case, it's a penalty and I think the game misconducts should continue. Shyiak can grouse all he wants to, but one R. Bina is too many. (In my opinion).

Now then...

GO SIOUX!!

agree and maybe the crazy number will have players think twice but there is a problem with players turning late now and thats not gona help the situation. shyiak was right on with his complaint. very very tough rule to call

agree and maybe the crazy number will have players think twice but there is a problem with players turning late now and thats not gona help the situation. shyiak was right on with his complaint. very very tough rule to call

Agreed completely.

No doubt it's a tough call to make, and you are right, players are starting to turn their back. I'm sure they might be getting "coached" to turn their backs. That's part of the game, I suppose, even if it changes the game a bit. It's hard to lose a key player on a bad play, no question. And yet, the rule is there for a reason. Hopefully with enough dq's made players will adapt their style and find another way to work along the boards. I will, however, miss some of the hits that used to happen but are now avoided for fear of "back turning". Body play is one of my favorite aspects of the game and always will be, I love to see a solid check delivered with a smile. I just don't want to see college guys back-boarded out of the arena with a neck collar more. Injuries are part of the sport, but if the really serious ones can be avoided (even a few of them) I think it's worth the effort.