Notre Dame vs RIT

Michigan vs. Princeton

East-Bridgeport

BU-Bemidji State

Denver vs. yale(host)

Northeast-Manchester

Vermont vs UND

miami vs new hampshire(host)

Here is saying that the Sioux will continue their stretch run, and that they will make the tournament.

The NCAA, taking pleasure in putting the Sioux and the Gophers in the same regional whenever they can,

will do so again here.

So, the Sioux will be playing in the West Regional at The John. Get your tickets now while they are still available.

Time to drive away the bad taste of that Ferris State Bulldog fiasco from a few years back.

beings this will be our first week in USCHO's bracketology. here's my thoughts:

west regional in minneapolis

Cornell vs UMD

Northeastern vs Minnesota(host)

Midwest Regional in Grand Rapids

Notre Dame vs RIT

Michigan vs. Princeton

East-Bridgeport

BU-Bemidji State

Denver vs. yale(host)

Northeast-Manchester

Vermont vs UND

miami vs new hampshire(host)

Could you imagine if Schaffer and the Big Red having to play in Minnesota again. Now there would be some serious whining.

yes, and it is so much fun to speculate this time of the year, especially during a frickin bye week.

yeah i love it. cant wait to watch some games this weekend that have so much implaications in the wcha and pairwise!! love this time of year for college hockey

Here is saying that the Sioux will continue their stretch run, and that they will make the tournament.

The NCAA, taking pleasure in putting the Sioux and the Gophers in the same regional whenever they can,

will do so again here.

So, the Sioux will be playing in the West Regional at The John. Get your tickets now while they are still available.

Time to drive away the bad taste of that Ferris State Bulldog fiasco from a few years back.

I really wish they'd sell the tickets for single games instead of a package. I don't remember very many people at that Ferris State game. And we all know Gopher fans don't even attend their own game let alone someone else's.

yeah i love it. cant wait to watch some games this weekend that have so much implaications in the wcha and pairwise!! love this time of year for college hockey

I love the fact that it isn't going to be winter much longer and that it will be St Patricks day and then

Final Five weekend. Off to the Hockey Meca in the East. :D

Already got tix. I'd say better than 50-50 we're in Minneapolis.

And instead of 2003/Ferris State, I'm thinking more like 2000 where the Badgers lost and the Gophers watched from the stands.

I love the fact that it isn't going to be winter much longer and that it will be St Patricks day and then

Final Five weekend. Off to the Hockey Meca in the East. :D

I see that those that ordered the season tickets for the Final Five will be getting them in the mail soon! February 9, 2009 - Ticket Packages mailed.

USCHO Bracketology Feb 4th

Anyone got tickets in Bridgeport? :D I'd love our chance in that bracket

Minneapolis

Minnesota-Duluth vs. Cornell

Northeastern vs. Minnesota

Grand Rapids

Bemidji State vs. Notre Dame

Princeton vs. Michigan

Bridgeport

North Dakota vs. Vermont

Yale vs. Miami

Manchester

RIT vs. Boston University

New Hampshire vs. Denver

If those were the brackets, I would really like our chances at making it back to the F4.

Vermont is the weakest of the current #1 seeds, and I think UND (playing well) could take it to Miami.

Tough bracket in Minneapolis. Grand Rapids would look to have a great all-CCHA regional final between Mich and ND. And Manchester has three quality teams as well.

If BU is the top seed they will not end up in either minneapolis or manchester as the committee set precidence last year by protecting the top 2 seeds from having to possibly play a host team on their home ice.

Which is a stupid rule if you ask me.

Depends on how well the Sioux play against trapping teams . . . Vermont plays the trap and lulls you to f'in sleep.

im so sick of that excuse when the sioux lose to a tam that doesnt play runa nd gun im not saying you are bringing it up in that sense at all and this isnt directed at you but dam that gets old....score 3 goals and we are pretty much unbeatable trap or not , we have lost 1 game letting in 3 or more and every one of our losses we have score 2 or less, pretty good equation to me :D

If BU is the top seed they will not end up in either minneapolis or manchester as the committee set precidence last year by protecting the top 2 seeds from having to possibly play a host team on their home ice.

I lost track of it, what's the status of the NCAA's regional preference for tournaments? At one point, people were saying that regionality could trump bracket integrity this year, resulting in a near guarantee that BU doesn't go to Grand Rapids or Minnesota (and similarly that UND doesn't go to Bridgeport). I guess the implication of this discussion is that they've softened on that?

I lost track of it, what's the status of the NCAA's regional preference for tournaments? At one point, people were saying that regionality could trump bracket integrity this year, resulting in a near guarantee that BU doesn't go to Grand Rapids or Minnesota (and similarly that UND doesn't go to Bridgeport). I guess the implication of this discussion is that they've softened on that?

the ncaa is supposed to be meeting sometime this month and making a decision on that.

Which is a stupid rule if you ask me.

then there shouldnt be auto home regionals. hell the only regionals that sell out are the west ones anyhow. the east never fill those arenas up and they usaully only hold 6,000 or so..i like that the #1 overall should get rewarded but i also dont like a host see if they are a 2,3 or 4 seed benefiting because of it. sticky situation

im so sick of that excuse when the sioux lose to a tam that doesnt play runa nd gun im not saying you are bringing it up in that sense at all and this isnt directed at you but dam that gets old....score 3 goals and we are pretty much unbeatable trap or not , we have lost 1 game letting in 3 or more and every one of our losses we have score 2 or less, pretty good equation to me :D

I actually wasn't trying to insinuate anything about the Sioux . . . Vermont just bores the crap out of me. It's like watching this year's version of the NYR, but Vermont has a better goalie. :D

But it is true that some teams have a horrible time with trapping teams . . . BU is one one of them . . . I wouldn't bet on them holding onto the top seed for the tourney, Notre Dame and Cornell have much easier roads down the stretch than any of the HE teams in the top 10.

then there shouldnt be auto home regionals. hell the only regionals that sell out are the west ones anyhow. the east never fill those arenas up and they usaully only hold 6,000 or so..i like that the #1 overall should get rewarded but i also dont like a host see if they are a 2,3 or 4 seed benefiting because of it. sticky situation

Funny how it's always about the money, except when it's not. That is when the Sioux should host something due to their record it's about the money (football playoff games come to mind). But in this case we can't get another regional because money's not important.