Bracketology 2009

siouxweet

INCH 4x4

February 4, 2009

The INCH 4x4 represents how we think the NCAA Tournament field

will look WHEN THE BRACKET IS ANNOUNCED Sunday, March 22

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0809/44_0719.htm

They have us a 3 seed.

Note: we will avoid having to face the Gophs in Minneapolis if we land in the same seeding band - Inch has both projected as #3 seeds.

Personally, I always love ending their season :lol:

INCH 4x4

February 4, 2009

The INCH 4x4 represents how we think the NCAA Tournament field

will look WHEN THE BRACKET IS ANNOUNCED Sunday, March 22

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0809/44_0719.htm

They have us a 3 seed.

Note: we will avoid having to face the Gophs in Minneapolis if we land in the same seeding band - Inch has both projected as #3 seeds.

Personally, I always love ending their season :lol:

who cares about the gophers - just make sure BC isnt in the tourney or just on the other side of the bracket :lol: f'n gerbe :lol:

i like how inch does this actually. they do more projecting on how teams are playing as of now and where they rank rather than just use the top 14 then 2 smaller autobids........lets hope for some pwr help this weekend!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is some what if stuff looking for who to cheer for this weekend..

Northeastern losing to BU would win us the NE comparison based on TUC

Boston College sweeping New Hampshire would lower NH's RPI and would switch that comparison I believe, They are only 15 RPI points ahead of us.

A Union/Renesselar sweep of Cornell would maybe switch the RPI as they are only 32 points ahead of us and we would win the tiebreak with them based on RPI

A Wisco sweep of DU would switch the COp and we would win that comparison over DU

This is all basing the fact we still need to sweep, just thought I'd share my boredom with the rest of you. Correct if I'm wrong as I didn't recheck my numbers.

EDIT: I can't believe its only Tuesday

This is some what if stuff looking for who to cheer for this weekend..

Northeastern losing to BU would win us the NE comparison based on TUC

Boston College sweeping New Hampshire would lower NH's RPI and would switch that comparison I believe, They are only 15 RPI points ahead of us.

A Union/Renesselar sweep of Cornell would maybe switch the RPI as they are only 32 points ahead of us and we would win the tiebreak with them based on RPI

A Wisco sweep of DU would switch the COp and we would win that comparison over DU

This is all basing the fact we still need to sweep, just thought I'd share my boredom with the rest of you. Correct if I'm wrong as I didn't recheck my numbers.

EDIT: I can't believe its only Tuesday

to ammend this should we sweep all we should need to flip some comparisons:

one NH loss

one Cornell loss

a NE split with BU would flip it or Maine dropping out of TUC status would flip that comparison as well

to ammend this should we sweep all we should need to flip some comparisons:

one NH loss

one Cornell loss

a NE split with BU would flip it or Maine dropping out of TUC status would flip that comparison as well

Thanks siouxweet I wasn't quite sure if only one loss would flip those but thanks for pointing it out..I don't know for sure but how much does it help or hurt us by having Mankato back in as a TUC?

Thanks siouxweet I wasn't quite sure if only one loss would flip those but thanks for pointing it out..I don't know for sure but how much does it help or hurt us by having Mankato back in as a TUC?

as of right now not too much either way. the only comparison where it affected us was the NE comparison. however, maine becoming a TUC helped them more as NE is 3-0 against Maine. now should Maine falter down the stretch we'll get that comparison back regardless of msum becoming a tuc or not. so root for maine to lose and msum to win.

"Regionalization," or the NCAA's cost-cutting restrictions on placement of teams in the NCAA tournament bracket, has been put on hold for one year, according to Steve Cady, chair of the Men's Division I Ice Hockey Committee and associate athletic director at Miami.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2009...onalization.php

Good news for fans of bracket integrity. It appears that aside from placing host teams in their region and avoiding 1st round conf matchups, the only other reason to "break the bracket" for geography would be moving teams around within a "seeding band."

I predicitng we end up in Mlps this year, unless we need to be moved to avoid a 1st round game with UMTC.

"Regionalization," or the NCAA's cost-cutting restrictions on placement of teams in the NCAA tournament bracket, has been put on hold for one year, according to Steve Cady, chair of the Men's Division I Ice Hockey Committee and associate athletic director at Miami.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2009...onalization.php

Good news for fans of bracket integrity. It appears that aside from placing host teams in their region and avoiding 1st round conf matchups, the only other reason to "break the bracket" for geography would be moving teams around within a "seeding band."

I predicitng we end up in Mlps this year, unless we need to be moved to avoid a 1st round game with UMTC.

unless one of us is a 4 seed we won't be in mpls.

Assuming that the boys keep winning consistently, I agree. Unless the Gophers really dribble it down the leg from here on in, these tickets will be in short supply and high demand. Git 'em now while you can, or be prepared to be on-line at da gophersport site the moment that pairings are announced on March 22.

Here's my prediction for this week's USCHO bracketology

Northeast (Manchester)

1 BU v 4 RIT

3 NH (h) v 2 Den

Midwest (Grand Rapids)

1 Mich v 4 BSU/Niagara

3 Princeton v 2 Miami

East (Bridgeport)

1 Northeastern v 4 UMD

3 UND v 2 Yale (h)

West (Mlps)

1 Vermont v 4 UMTC (h)

3 Cornell v 2 Notre Dame

re: my previous post about UND going to Mlps - this week's Btogly shows how avoiding 1st round conf match ups can shake up the natural bracket. Cornell had to flip with UND to avoid a 1st round game with Yale. Otherwise we were pegged for Mlps.

This is why it will be hard to predict a regional destination for the Sioux.

Here's my prediction for this week's USCHO bracketology

Northeast (Manchester)

1 BU v 4 RIT

3 NH (h) v 2 Den

Midwest (Grand Rapids)

1 Mich v 4 BSU/Niagara

3 Princeton v 2 Miami

East (Bridgeport)

1 Northeastern v 4 UMD

3 UND v 2 Yale (h)

West (Mlps)

1 Vermont v 4 UMTC (h)

3 Cornell v 2 Notre Dame

re: my previous post about UND going to Mlps - this week's Btogly shows how avoiding 1st round conf match ups can shake up the natural bracket. Cornell had to flip with UND to avoid a 1st round game with Yale. Otherwise we were pegged for Mlps.

This is why it will be hard to predict a regional destination for the Sioux.

You nailed it! I like our chances.....