SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX and WCHA HOCKEY TALK

AZSIOUX

Decent weekend that played out. we lose then win, gophers get swept, du splits with seawolves. 1 point back, gophers 4 points back with 2 games in hand which is nicer than being 2 up so thanks mavericks :D nice to have a week off before the stretch run to gear up for the mcnoughton, final 5 and the big dance to make a run at #8

WCHA standings

Denver 12-6-2 26

UND 11-6-3 25

Wisconsin 11-7-2 24

Minnesota 9-6-3 21

Colorado Coll. 9-8-3 21

UM-Duluth 8-7-5 21

MSU-Mankato 9-11-2 20

St. Cloud St. 9-10-1 19

Anchorage 6-10-4 16

Michigan Tech 1-14-5 7

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

other wcha games this week

Denver at Minnesota-Duluth

St. Cloud State at Alaska-Anchorage

Wisconsin at Minnesota

Colorado College at Michigan Tech

ill let jim post the pairwise stuff maybe later on to see who we should root for and so on nationally that may improve our pairwise a bit and also for wcha standings rooting i say hope for 2 ties from uw and umtc :lol: and have tech win a game for once :D along with the DOGZ kicking some gwozdecky azzzzzzzzzz

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

WCHA Standings as of 02-01-09:
[i][b] [u]WCHA[/u] [u]Overall[/u][/b][/i]
Team GP W-L-T Pts. GF-GA GP W-L-T GF-GA
1 Denver 20 12-6-2 26 73-51 27 16-8-3 97-66
2 North Dakota 20 11-6-3 25 69-55 30 16-11-3 104-82
3 Wisconsin 20 11-7-2 24 70-53 28 14-11-3 94-74
4 Minnesota 18 9-6-3 21 55-51 24 12-7-5 79-69
Colorado College 20 9-8-3 21 53-61 28 13-9-6 75-75
Minnesota-Duluth 20 8-7-5 21 54-47 28 14-8-6 82-64
7 Minnesota State 22 9-11-2 20 68-71 29 13-13-3 92-90
8 St. Cloud State 20 9-10-1 19 64-61 28 14-12-2 101-80
9 Alaska-Anchorage 20 6-10-4 16 50-69 24 9-11-4 67-80
10 Michigan Tech 20 1-14-5 7 31-68 28 5-18-5 42-87[/codebox]

I think UND has an excellent chance against Bye.

Bye is having an off year and is vying for last place and the worst record in the NCAA simply because they lack good goaltending and have atrocious offense and special teams.

It was still good enough to split MTU in Houghton.

That being said, I think we're going to see a lot of backups. I project Walski gets the start and we'll see Blood, Fienhage, Davidson, and the whole crew.

If things go well Friday, we might even see Harrington in net!

:D

I say UND 6-1, 5-2

Bye is having an off year and is vying for last place and the worst record in the NCAA simply because they lack good goaltending and have atrocious offense and special teams.

That being said, I think we're going to see a lot of backups. I project Walski gets the start and we'll see Blood, Fienhage, Davidson, and the whole crew.

I say UND 6-1, 5-2

Bye did win in Houghton? For some reason I thought Bye hadn't won a game yet this year. Have they gone to AK yet? :lol:

I say UND 6-1, 5-2

I don't know. Parity in the league makes Bye an opponent that cannot be overlooked. I doubt the boys will pick up any points this coming weekend.

Minnesota and UAA have each only played 24 games where the rest of the league has played 27+ meaning Minnesota and UAA have seen a lot of Bye so far this season. It really doesn't seem to have done much for either, other than maybe making Minnesota somewhat feistier than usual.

I wonder about Bye's style of play affecting teams. UND played the GLI after seeing them earlier this year and we know how *that* turned out. :D

The weekend of Feb 13th and 14th vs. Mankato will be big, so the Sioux have to be careful to play their game against Bye, but not get caught up in the crap and risk losing anyone to a fighting suspension. I know that Bye has been willing to mix it up in the past, and we all know that the Sioux are just a bunch of goons. It will be interesting to say the least...

The weekend of Feb 13th and 14th vs. Mankato will be big, so the Sioux have to be careful to play their game against Bye, but not get caught up in the crap and risk losing anyone to a fighting suspension. I know that Bye has been willing to mix it up in the past, and we all know that the Sioux are just a bunch of goons. It will be interesting to say the least...

Oh the irony UND and MSU-M on Valentine's day.

I don't know. Parity in the league makes Bye an opponent that cannot be overlooked. I doubt the boys will pick up any points this coming weekend.

depends on who we get as officials this weekend. I heard Papa Shepherd was thinking of officiating the Sioux-Bye series this weekend.

Were talking about Mankato right?

No.

Bye.

If the Sioux end next weekend without any points, I think we should definitely consider the following points:

1. Finley should be kicked off the team.

2. Eidsness should be benched the rest of the season.

3. Hakstol should be immediately fired.

4. The Sioux are worthless hacks and goons.

5. Jim Dahl should be renamed Doogie Howser Dahl.

6. Goon should endevour to become the worlds foremost ABBA affectionado and openly broadcast such a claim.

7. WPoS should return to SS.com.

8. Slap Shot should refer to the Gophers as the skating halos.

9. Diggler aka Dirty should be forced to clean up his act and change his handle to "Clean"

Feel free to add more. :D

No.

Bye.

If the Sioux end next weekend without any points, I think we should definitely consider the following points:

6. Goon should endevour to become the worlds foremost ABBA affectionado and openly broadcast such a claim.

9. Diggler aka Dirty should be forced to clean up his act and change his handle to "Clean"

You're so tricky....everyone knows that the Sioux and Bye are going to each get 2 points this weekend from back to back 0-0 ties.

No.

Bye.

10. FHG26 for President.

What ever happened to WPoS?

No.

Bye.

I definately agree with #5. As far as #6, you're a bit late to the party. Goon is known in Sweden as the ABBAiac!

per brad

Jason Gregoire chat on the schedule

Mark it down, we'll have our first live player chat at 5 p.m. Wednesday.

Jason Gregoire has agreed to log in and take your questions for 30 minutes to an hour (depending on participation).

So stay at the office late or go home early and log in to chat with the freshman from Winnipeg, who is making a case to get on the WCHA all-rookie team.