SiouxSports.com Forum

Conboy a Gopher?

stickboy1956

According to Roman in the STrib blog it's possible.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/gopher...ld-u-be-option/

I guess if a team wearing green and white were publically considering this, Gopher fans would be outraged.

If this happens, itsn't this like Dougie trading for Chris Simon last year? How did that go over in Gopherland.

Too funny :D

Tom Conboy plays football for SCSU, not hockey.

Would Andrew really want to follow in Tim's footsteps at SCSU? Tim didn't exactly leave on the best of terms. SCSU hasn't been known for it's thugs in recent years (Finger was the last), plus the PK is down this season. Despite the fact that our defense sucks, I don't really believe he'd be a positive addition. Andrew should probably just go pro.

The backpedaling and rationalization on GPL, if this was to ever happen, would be humorous at the least.

Fans of other teams like to accuse the Sioux of being cheap goons. Hastings seems to understand how the Sioux play:

Hastings said Conboy was an enforer for the Lancers

The backpedaling and rationalization on GPL, if this was to ever happen, would be humorous at the least.

Fans of other teams like to accuse the Sioux of being cheap goons. Hastings seems to understand how the Sioux play:

Bariero on KFAN talking about the incident and taking calls after the break. I bet the Sioux gets mentioned by one of the callers. $100 bucks on it! :D

did the gophers recruit him before he commited to msu maybe? or does lucia just want a player that will stick up for himself or the team maybe :D

i see hes from rosemount and played for hastings who is now a gophs ass coach

if lucia thinks the gophers miss bickel because of his hitting then why didnt he simply recruit another player like that as there are many of those types out there?? that wolud be a easy way to do it :D

if conboy came he couldnt play for a while right? until next january? if thats a year or after that if he played to many games this january?

seems like all specualtion at this point as he has 3 or 4 possible choices on what he can do, as a 5th round pick i dont see him hitting the ahl but ya never know as that or play major juniors maybe would be a way to play without sitting out by suspension or transfer rules

did the gophers recruit him before he commited to msu maybe? or does lucia just want a player that will stick up for himself or the team maybe :D

i see hes from rosemount and played for hastings who is now a gophs ass coach

if lucia thinks the gophers miss bickel because of his hitting then why didnt he simply recruit another player like that as there are many of those types out there?? that wolud be a easy way to do it :D

if conboy came he couldnt play for a while right? until next january? if thats a year or after that if he played to many games this january?

seems like all specualtion at this point as he has 3 or 4 possible choices on what he can do, as a 5th round pick i dont see him hitting the ahl but ya never know as that or play major juniors maybe would be a way to play without sitting out by suspension or transfer rules

Yeah the Gophers recruited him before he committed to MSU.

There's no doubt the Gophers miss a hitter like Bickel and that'd be a prime reason to bring him back. I think Lucia and the fans thought that Grant Scott was going to be like that, but he hasn't panned out. He couldn't play for at least a year, maybe he'd even have to be out all of next year too.

Yeah the Gophers recruited him before he committed to MSU.

There's no doubt the Gophers miss a hitter like Bickel and that'd be a prime reason to bring him back. I think Lucia and the fans thought that Grant Scott was going to be like that, but he hasn't panned out. He couldn't play for at least a year, maybe he'd even have to be out all of next year too.

yeah thats all i heard from gophs fans is grant scott would be a azz kicker and he can even snif the ice. if this conboy came in he wouldnt see the ice for a year or year n half until fall 2010 as he would be a transfer. i cant see a player wanting to sit that much wthout real gametime so i say he goes major junior or to the minor leagyes for montreal

yeah thats all i heard from gophs fans is grant scott would be a azz kicker and he can even snif the ice. if this conboy came in he wouldnt see the ice for a year or year n half until fall 2010 as he would be a transfer. i cant see a player wanting to sit that much wthout real gametime so i say he goes major junior or to the minor leagyes for montreal

Well he could play USHL until he was ready to come play for the Gophers/SCSU/whoever. Scott has seemed like an "azz kicker" type but I don't see a place for him with as good as our defensemen (excluding 2009 :D ) have/had been.

Strange to see a Gopher-related thread on here with the facts misrepresented, though the original post might be a Gopher fan ... regardless, nobody affiliated with the Gophers has said anything about Conboy or their desire to bring him in here. It's all conjecture by the Strib reporter.

As I said on GPL, I'd have zero problem bringing him to the U if the circumstances were right, but it's very unlikely that happens for many reasons.

Strange to see a Gopher-related thread on here with the facts misrepresented, though the original post might be a Gopher fan ... regardless, nobody affiliated with the Gophers has said anything about Conboy or their desire to bring him in here. It's all conjecture by the Strib reporter.

As I said on GPL, I'd have zero problem bringing him to the U if the circumstances were right, but it's very unlikely that happens for many reasons.

strange :D sure is...............like i said in my post that i would say its unlikely for him to come or go back to school and sitting so long and it seemed to me in the article it was just brought up as a idea and not that it was even a possibilty as of now. you should pop up here more often with all your gopher facts you are able to obtain but it seems you only postwhen you have a issue with something. its kind of nice discussing other wcha or college hockey related news sometimes with others that have solid info

if i were him i go pro if thats a option or ushl or major juniors because if not hes sitting for a long time with n game experience. if you go ushl and play for a year while committing to another school would that work or do you have to be enroled in that specific school then have to wait your year for transfer purposes?? thanks

Yeah, he must have Googled the story and he said something along of lines of "this is from Goon's World." Being totally serious. Someone else must have heard it if they were listening to Danny B. on KFAN.......

Yeah it is at 27:30 of the first hour of Danny B's show.

They were talking about Conboy's brother when he bit Uber Hack Steve Downie.

But your assistant coach did say that he believes in sticking up for your teammates, albeit not in the way Conboy did. That being the case, what was the problem with the way Zach Jones stood up for his teammate? Jones can't help it if Lucia would rather hit someone from behind than stand up face to face!

But your assistant coach did say that he believes in sticking up for your teammates, albeit not in the way Conboy did. That being the case, what was the problem with the way Zach Jones stood up for his teammate? Jones can't help it if Lucia would rather hit someone from behind than stand up face to face!

You mean kind of like how Prpich would rather spear Paukovich in the groin rather than stand up to him face to face?

You mean kind of like how Prpich would rather spear Paukovich in the groin rather than stand up to him face to face?

i don't think there is any place for spearing or the cheap stick work in hockey, including when prp cheapshotted paukobitch. even though paukobitch had something coming to him, i would have rather one of the guys drop the gloves with him. he was quite a bit bigger than prp, but i have a feeling prp would have held his own toe to toe. other than getting their asses handed to them, what was lucias motivation for cheapshotting our smallest player, then refusing to take accountability for it with jones? that being said... don't you have your own teams forum to troll? run along now...

don't you have your own teams forum to troll? run along now...

Exactly. Bucky is just like herpes...you just can't get rid of it!

PS: I play a Dr. in real life but not on TV so I know what I'm talking about.