SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz's antics were the Sioux's fault

dagies

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Sioux down In Sioux-Ville Like Hockey a lot... But The Grinch, who lived far west of Sioux-ville, Did NOT! The Grinch hated Hockey! The Sioux Hockey season! Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason. It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all may have been that his heart was two sizes too small. But, whatever the reason, his heart or his shoes, he stood there on Hockey night, hating the Sioux. Staring down from his dasher with a sour, Grinchy frown, at the warm hearted players below on the ice. For he knew every Sioux down in Sioux-ville beneath was busy now, scoring goals and gritting their teeth. "And they're hanging their banners!" he snarled with a sneer. "Soon is the hockey tourney! It's practically here!" Then he growled, with his grinch fingers nervously drumming, "I MUST find a way to keep the Sioux from coming!" For, tomorrow, he knew... ...All the Sioux men would wake up bright and early. They'd rush for their sticks! And then! Oh, the penalties! Oh, the penalties! Penalties! Penalties! Penalties! That's one thing he hated! The PENALTIES! PENALTIES! PENALTIES! PENALTIES! Then the Sioux, young and old, would sit down to a box. And they'd sit! And they'd sit! And they'd SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! They would start with Sioux-pushing, and rare Sioux slew feets. Which was something the Grinch couldn't stand in the least! And THEN They'd do something he liked least of all! Every Sioux down in Sioux-ville, the tall and the small, would stand close together, with Hockey horns ringing. They'd stand hand-in-hand. And the Sioux would start cheering! They'd cheer! And they'd cheer! AND they'd CHEER! CHEER! CHEER! CHEER! And the more the Grinch thought of the Sioux-Hockey-Cheer, the more the Grinch thought, "I must stop this Sioux thing! "Why for twenty years I've put up with it now! I MUST stop the Hockey Tourney from coming! ...But HOW?" Then he got an idea! An awful idea! THE GRINCH GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA! "I know just what to do!" The Grinch Laughed in his throat. And he made a quick Mr. Belding hat and a coat. And he chuckled, and clucked, "What a great Grinchy trick! "With this coat and this shoes, I'll look just like a prick!" "All I need is a ref..." The Grinch looked around. But since refs are scarce in the WCHA, there was none to be found. Did that stop the old Grinch...? No! The Grinch simply said, "If I can't find a ref, I'll walk out and find one instead!" So he called his captain Testwuide. Then he made his face red. And he put a big snarl in the middle of of his head. THEN he jumped on the dasher, at the beautiful REA, and he walked towards ol

Vossberg was looking for a fight.

Last year, the Pioneers were taken down by the Fighting Sioux and both Testwuide and Vossberg were issued one-game suspensions for their actions during brawls. Vossberg required stitches for a cut above his eye.

"I definitely wanted to redeem myself in a little way," Vossberg said. "The opportunity never really arose. There were some possible chances. I tried to get into some faces and stuff like that. If it arose then yes, I was all for it, I definitely tried to get under their skin but it didn't happen, so c'est la vie."

The cheap Sioux players wouldn't bite? We're going to lose our reputation!

Wow, those guys in DU really know their hockey:

At the 9:30 mark, referee Campion Anderson assessed the Pioneers a two-minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and a 10-minute game misconduct and signaled Gwozdecky's ejection from the game.

I wonder what the other referee, Jon Todd, was doing?

A shining example of the benefits of going to Dumbver University.