SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

This game could potentially kill us in the Pairwise because of its effect on the common opponent comparison.

yeah well...you have to beat arguably the worst team in the country recordwise...so i guess you make your bed...well you have to sleep in it. Let's hope for 2 points tomorrow

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just disappoints me that this team needs another wake up call. The whole team has to show up for every second, of every shift, of every game here on out. Anything less could potentially kill us.

Eidsness seems like he plays great for most of every game...especially as a freshman....but why does he fall asleep for a short stretch and always give up a softie or two. I know it's not always completely his fault (defensive break downs), but to win a championship, you'll need a goalie that can steal some. Eidsness hasn't done that yet. I don't want anyone else in our net right now, but he definitely has room to improve, whether it's mentally or technically. Also, he's juicy rebounds will be key if he can't get better at controlling the puck.

It just disappoints me that this team needs another wake up call. The whole team has to show up for every second, of every shift, of every game here on out. Anything less could potentially kill us.

Eidsness seems like he plays great for most of every game...especially as a freshman....but why does he fall asleep for a short stretch and always give up a softie or two. I know it's not always completely his fault (defensive break downs), but to win a championship, you'll need a goalie that can steal some. Eidsness hasn't done that yet. I don't want anyone else in our net right now, but he definitely has room to improve, whether it's mentally or technically. Also, he's juicy rebounds will be key if he can't get better at controlling the puck.

i agree and i don't think it's entirely Eidsness also. We do have those defensive lapses that allow for those soft goals. I'm glad we have Eids for a while, because if he can keep progressing, it's scary to think how good he could be in the next few years. Hopefully tomorrow will be a completely different story and the boys realize what they need to do to win the game. Started out good, just needed to maintain that and we would have won. But, moving on... let's get the 2 points tonight!

i agree and i don't think it's entirely Eidsness also. We do have those defensive lapses that allow for those soft goals. I'm glad we have Eids for a while, because if he can keep progressing, it's scary to think how good he could be in the next few years. Hopefully tomorrow will be a completely different story and the boys realize what they need to do to win the game. Started out good, just needed to maintain that and we would have won. But, moving on... let's get the 2 points tonight!

It just baffles me that they are 0-1-1 against Tech right now...a team with 5 total wins.

Tonight's game I'll throw into the "must win" category. From a WCHA standings point of view, a win puts us at least 4 points a head of the 6th place team, possibly 5 points ahead of SCSU and MSU-M if lose again tonight. First and foremost this team needs to concentrate on getting home ice for the WCHA playoffs. Wins will help in the Pairwise but getting to the F5 and proceeding from there is what needs to happen...baby steps!

Tonight's game I'll throw into the "must win" category. From a WCHA standings point of view, a win puts us at least 4 points a head of the 6th place team, possibly 5 points ahead of SCSU and MSU-M if lose again tonight. First and foremost this team needs to concentrate on getting home ice for the WCHA playoffs. Wins will help in the Pairwise but getting to the F5 and proceeding from there is what needs to happen...baby steps!

Just win and the PWR will take care of its self. A lot of good teams lost last night and the Sioux at least got the Tie. (sister kissing).

4 pts from Tech this weekend obviously means more to fans than the team. We would have had games in hand on WI and only 2 pts behind Denver with them coming to our barn.....We had the potential to be in 1st place in the league after next week for Christ's sake!

Hopefully the team's head isn't too firmly lodged up their arses for tonight's game.

4 pts from Tech this weekend obviously means more to fans than the team. We would have had games in hand on WI and only 2 pts behind Denver with them coming to our barn.....We had the potential to be in 1st place in the league after next week for Christ's sake!

Hopefully the team's head isn't too firmly lodged up their arses for tonight's game.

looks like Tech might be in our heads like we're in the gophers heads.

Read that MTU is averaging 1.38 goals a game on the year! Losing a 2 goal lead Friday really bites after seeing that stat. Hope that tie on Friday and the lost WCHA point doesn't come back to bite us in the Pairwise or WCHA down the road.

Read that MTU is averaging 1.38 goals a game on the year! Losing a 2 goal lead Friday really bites after seeing that stat. Hope that tie on Friday and the lost WCHA point doesn't come back to bite us in the Pairwise or WCHA down the road.

the good thing is a few games broke our way this weekend after that tie and win which was nice and lucky. this weekend is HUGE!!