SiouxSports.com Forum

Battle For Redemption: Sioux vs Huskies

brianvf

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these guys, but they just do not have "it". Looks like we got ourselves a rebuilding year - guess you've got to have one of those every several years or so.

I agree. I'll be there cheering my lungs out against the Goofs, but this team's got a first class ticket on a nonstop to nowhere right now.

OMG........... Is this really happening?? :sad:

WTF is going on?? ???

This is embarrassing!!!

Yeah it is.

We seriously just lost to Michigan State and Michigan Tech. Both way below average teams. Where does that put us? ???

I love these guys, but they just do not have "it". Looks like we got ourselves a rebuilding year - guess you've got to have one of those every several years or so.

Hear, hear!

Well that was quite the embarassing weekend. :sad: Losing to the last two teams in the country back to back. OUCH!!!! ??? Wasn't able to watch, but sounded on the radio like they just DID NOT play well. 2 goals on the weekend? What happened to the team that had 24 goals in the last 4 games? Got a feeling there's going to be some "intense" practices this week.

Well that was quite the embarassing weekend. :sad: Losing to the last two teams in the country back to back. OUCH!!!! ??? Wasn't able to watch, but sounded on the radio like they just DID NOT play well. 2 goals on the weekend? What happened to the team that had 24 goals in the last 4 games? Got a feeling there's going to be some "intense" practices this week.

You would sure think so, but who knows at this point. Watching this team and reading this board has me doubting Hak for the first time. Things are not good in Siouxland right now.

You know what is really scary, if this is a rebuilding year, I'm afraid of next year. We have 8 seniors this year and next year we will have 3 seniors and 6 juniors for a total of 9 upperclassmen (that is if nobody leaves early). If this year continues as it is currently going we're probably going to have a couple of years where we will have to just have to remember "We Love Our Sioux - NO MATTER WHAT" (kind of like parents of teenage kids :sad: )

You know what is really scary, if this is a rebuilding year, I'm afraid of next year. We have 8 seniors this year and next year we will have 3 seniors and 6 juniors for a total of 9 upperclassmen (that is if nobody leaves early). If this year continues as it is currently going we're probably going to have a couple of years where we will have to just have to remember "We Love Our Sioux - NO MATTER WHAT" (kind of like parents of teenage kids :blush: )

I think those 8 seniors really need to step up and be leaders for this team.

the last three years we've hit rock bottom in december right before x-mas. maybe this year we hit it this weekend at the end of december. :sad: bottom line is we need to start winning games. only way we make the tourney is to go on some lengthy unbeaten streak like 10 or 12 games. I'm not sure this squad has it in them to do that especially with our schedule.

That can't be the case!!! There's a certain blogger out there that says the Sioux don't rebuild, they reload. Is he lying?

After last night changes were in order. Kozek is lucky that he isn't watching this one.

Did you look at the box scores from last night? Kozek had 3 shots on goal, why blame one player and not the whole team?

What about the powerplay, they got nothing done AGAIN, doesn't that say anything?

They switched lines again today, and still nothing is happening.

Rock bottom a few years ago was when we got swept by the St Clownies at home in late January or February.

I left the building thinking the season was over.

We may not have hit rock bottom yet and still might make the tourney.

I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet either. But the Sioux are shooting themselves in the foot with their end results in these very crucial non-conference tournaments.

While it was a dismal weekend in the W column, I note a couple of encouraging things.

1. This team was "clicking" over the past six games (before this weekend).

2. Trupp and Finley return and most lines are juggled. Changing the aforementioned "click".

3. Hakstol and Eades will figure out the chemistry again. The "click" will return.

Will it be in time for the Goofs? We'll see.

The crappy part is that I don't think we will have the PWR to make the tourney. We are going to have to win the Final Five. A sweep against BSU is a must to try and get our PWR up.

Win a couple against the Goofs we would vault up there. I wonder what a couple of sister kissing might do as well to the PWR ranking?

mark this post. we will not sweep bsu next weekend. they are a better team than us. they beat umass and swept mtech something we couldn't do. plus one of these years they will beat us. this seems as good as any. our pairwise is shot. I'm not even sure finishing second or third in the wcha would get us in. wasn't it a couple of years ago denver finished second and didn't get in because of a crappy nc record. it is starting to look like this team could be screwed.

Wow, I missed this one, I thought that our boys would rebound big time! Guess not! Not sure I can see any member of this team playing in the NHL - which means, we should have no reason for not building a great team at some point over the next four years. This pain may be the foundation and perhaps necessary step to building a team of the future - also not sure many of us have the patience. It is what it is! This team may be Hak's proverbial 100 pounds of clay.