SiouxSports.com Forum

Battle For Redemption: Sioux vs Huskies

brianvf

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it pertains to the Sioux game at all, but just another example of our league in "great" light in the Wisconsin game:

Wis. Recap

"To make doubly sure it was a goal, Shepherd went to check the video replay, only to find out that the replay officials had turned off the system after the overtime period, thinking the game had concluded."

From the article:

I watched that Shootout and was talking to my buddy on the phone when the shootout was taking place and

I told my buddy that Wisconsin stole the game. As far as turning the system off that is bush league.

There is no reason to turn it off until the game is completely over. Another debacle by the refs.

whether they won or lost the shootout the game counts as a tie in the rpi and pwr.

Yeah, I realize that it goes down in the books as a tie regardless, but I just had to comment on Connelly's statement about it being for sure not entirely across the line, when the replay clearly showed that it was. :sad:

Yeah, I realize that it goes down in the books as a tie regardless, but I just had to comment on Connelly's statement about it being for sure not entirely across the line, when the replay clearly showed that it was. ???

I just find it interesting that a sieve is commenting on what is and isn't across the line. Connelly sucks and is quite possibly one of the reasons why UW isn't doing as well with the talent they have.

After being such a sieve for two years, you'd think he'd know what a goal looks like from his perspective. :sad:

I just find it interesting that a sieve is commenting on what is and isn't across the line. Connelly sucks and is quite possibly one of the reasons why UW isn't doing as well with the talent they have.

After being such a sieve for two years, you'd think he'd know what a goal looks like from his perspective. ???

he really is sieve averaging giving up only 1 goal per game the last month :sad: I wish we had a sieve like that. he also only gave up one goal to mich state unlike our two.

he really is sieve averaging giving up only 1 goal per game the last month :sad: I wish we had a sieve like that. he also only gave up one goal to mich state unlike our two.

It's their playing style. I'm sure Eids numbers would improve if UND recruited the players necessary to employ the Lemaire/Eaves snoozefest hockey style.

Trust me. Connelly is reaping the rewards of a defense-first system. If a team can get the Badgers off their game and into a run and gun style game all game long where Connelly is tested throughout the game, he will be averaging FAR more than 1 goal per game.

It's their playing style. I'm sure Eids numbers would improve if UND recruited the players necessary to employ the Lemaire/Eaves snoozefest hockey style.

Trust me. Connelly is reaping the rewards of a defense-first system. If a team can get the Badgers off their game and into a run and gun style game all game long where Connelly is tested throughout the game, he will be averaging FAR more than 1 goal per game.

but eaves does have something hak doesn't and that is a big old shiny championship ring.

he may have been there longer but hak has had more opportunities-like the last 4 years.

he sure has with no banners to hang, i would rather go 1 year and win it and than 4 years and win nothing but thats just me as a greedy sioux fan but i think many would agree with me :sad:

sioux will sweep the beavers......................