SiouxSports.com Forum

Weather Last Night

Dden1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GFK is ok a couple inches just a ton of wind and blowing snow, Fargo got crushed by the sounds of it

Yeah Fargo is getting kicked in the butt right now... Crews have been having to rescue people that are stranded in their cars because of the snow/wind. It's pretty bad here right now.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the latest Forecaster Discussion from the NWS in Grand Forks as of 3:14pm CST today:

Snow continues to fall across a majority of the region due to deformation zone and middle-level frontogenetical

forcing. This forcing will slowly weaken and move east through the night. Given snow that has already fallen...and expected snow through tonight...think 7-14 inches south of a Valley City to Baudette line...5-10 inches from Cooperstown to Grand Forks to Roseau...and 2 to 5 inches to the northwest.

Even if winds decrease and snowfall diminishes this evening...blizzard conditions will continue (even if they are not as widespread as they are now...plus darkness makes reduced visibility even worse).

Here is a link to the full discussion

Simply put, if you don't have to travel, don't. I for one am staying home watching the Vikings kick some Cardinal butt (14-0 Minnesota right now).

Here are a couple of excerpts from the latest Forecaster Discussion from the NWS in Grand Forks as of 3:14pm CST today:

Here is a link to the full discussion

Simply put, if you don't have to travel, don't. I for one am staying home watching the Vikings kick some Cardinal butt (14-0 Minnesota right now).

any chance UND will cancel finals tomorrow? LOL. my car's dead and i really don't want to walk to campus HAHA. It's not too pretty out there.

any chance UND will cancel finals tomorrow? LOL. my car's dead and i really don't want to walk to campus HAHA. It's not too pretty out there.

Well, the Chester Fritz Library is closed today, but I can't make any predictions about tomorrow. I suppose some of the morning finals could be postponed if the blizzard conditions last long enough into the morning.

From the UND website:

12/14/2008 -- UND Open As Usual Monday, Dec. 15

The University of North Dakota expects to be in operation on Monday, Dec. 15 as usual. Employees scheduled for overnight work shifts should report to work as scheduled if they can safely do so. Employees who feel they cannot make it to work must communicate this with their supervisor.

From the UND website:

I'm listening to the Vikes on the KFGO website (while watching it, I hate Joe Buck) and it sounds like NDSU might cancel their morning exams tomorrow. Mayville already has done so and NDSCS is closed tomorrow. All Fargo, Moorehead, and West Fargo schools are closed. We have the wind and cold here in Gillette, Wyoming, but just a trace of snow last night. I kind of miss all of the winter storms that I was in while living in Grand Forks.

UND close :lol::ohmy::) It won't happen as long as the director of finance (i.e. the person who is worried about making money) has that power in his or her hands.

UND close :lol::ohmy::) It won't happen as long as the director of finance (i.e. the person who is worried about making money) has that power in his or her hands.

The individual you are talking about, Bob Gallagher (not the guy that smashes watermelons), is retiring. I remember Kendall Baker closing UND on numerous occasions.

Im up in Duluth and we're still gettin hit pretty bad right now and i heard it was supposed to hit the hardest around here. Most of the roads are undriveable. They anounced all the schools are closed tomorrow at like 3 this afternoon but we still have finals tomorrow apparently.