SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Gophers

dakotadan

This weekend at the Ralph!

Just a reminder that the Sioux women's hockey team will ba taking on the Gophers this weekend at the Ralph. The women are off to a great start this season. The ladies had previously only defeated Ohio State once in the history of the program but came away with a nice sweep of the Buckeyes earlier this season. UMD, who the ladies had also only previously defeated once in program history, had a nice 4-0 win over the Bulldogs in their last game.

From what I hear the band will be there this weekend (not positive on this one). And there are going to be drawings and giveaways throughout the weekend. If you have never been to one of the ladies' games this would be a great one to show up to.

Come out and support the ladies as they continue the Sioux/Gopher rivalry!

Fri. 7:07

Sat. 4:07

Just a reminder that the Sioux women's hockey team will ba taking on the Gophers this weekend at the Ralph. The women are off to a great start this season. The ladies had previously only defeated Ohio State once in the history of the program but came away with a nice sweep of the Buckeyes earlier this season. UMD, who the ladies had also only previously defeated once in program history, had a nice 4-0 win over the Bulldogs in their last game.

From what I hear the band will be there this weekend (not positive on this one). And there are going to be drawings and giveaways throughout the weekend. If you have never been to one of the ladies' games this would be a great one to show up to.

Free pop and popcorn friday night also I believe..hard to pass up free stuff for college kids :glare:

Its great to see your program have the success they have had so far. It is great for the sport. I can't remember your coaches name..... I hear he is the right guy to build the program. Hopefully this develops into a rivalry like the men. It would be great if they could make a weekend of men and woman's hockey in the same arena. No one can or should argue that UND's program and its success is great for the league and sport.

It is too bad these three local players (I count Warroad as local) are not with the Sioux:

Monique Lamoureux, F, Fr 16 11 14 25 1.5625 31 1 1 2

Jocelyne Lamoureux, F, Fr 16 6 13 19 1.1875 36 3 1 0

Gigi Marvin, F, Sr 16 10 8 18 1.1250 10 2 3 1

These three would likely have put the Sioux women in the top 10.

It is too bad these three local players (I count Warroad as local) are not with the Sioux:

I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts after watching these girls (specifically the Lamoureux's) play. I coached against them in Pee Wee's and they may well have been the best 2 players (and meanest/toughest) on the ice. They will both play on the US women's olympic team in the future.

You can't blame them for not coming to UND with the coaching turmoil at the time. Idalski may have had a chance to get them.

Two words as to why they are wearing Maroon and Gold instead of Green and White: Shantel Rivard.