SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BADgers

AZSIOUX

siouxuw.jpg

Who would have thought when these two teams would face eachother their combined record would be 1-8-1 :angry: The BADgers are winless this young season and just tied and lost to the Gophers this last weekend. They have played a very hard schedule in BC, UNH, Denver as well. Lets hope Joe Finley, Matt Watkins and David Toews have healed and will be ready for this coming HALLOWEEN weekend at the ralph. Will each goalie play? I hope to see the goalie who wins friday get the nod saturday! The Badgers and Mike Eaves have to be wondering what they have to do to get a win, lets hope the Sioux keep them winless and pick up 2 important wins in the WCHA and get the overall record back to .500. SIOUX SWEEP - GO SIOUX

I saw on the TV schedule Friday nights game will be aired on the NHL Network.

und.gif

Overall Record: 1-3-0 (.250)

WCHA: 1-1-0, 2 points

Home: 0-0-0

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news about the game being televised on the NHL network! Thanks, AZ. As far as the weekend goes, I think the Sioux will go as far as their powerplay takes them. It seems, at least so far, the league is going to stick to the rulebook rather than their imaginations for calling penalties. Specialty teams will be huge, so hopefully we turned the corner last weekend. The Badgers are cornered and wounded, which makes them dangerous if they come out strong Friday night, but I see VV getting the first goal and setting the tone for the rest of the weekend. The Ralph = 4 points all year long.

240-300-ru4170.jpg

Who would have thought when these two teams would face eachother their combined record would be 1-8-1 :angry: The BADgers are winless this young season and just tied and lost to the Gophers this last weekend. Lets hope Joe Finley, Matt Watkins and David Toews have healed and will be ready for this coming HALLOWEEN weekend at the ralph. Will each goalie play? I hope to see the goalie who wins friday get the nod saturday! The Badgers and Mike Eaves have to be wondering what they have to do to get a win, lets hope the Sioux keep them winless and pick up 2 important wins in the WCHA and get the overall record back to .500. SIOUX SWEEP - GO SIOUX

I saw on the TV schedule Friday nights game will be aired on the NHL Network.

und.gif

Overall Record: 1-3-0 (.250)

WCHA: 1-1-0, 2 points

Home: 0-0-0

are you sure about the game being on nhl network I looked on nhl.com and my dishnetwork tv guide and they both say college hockey but its the mavs and the goofs?

just looked again and my nhl network station shows north dakota vs wisconsin. 830 est time so yes im sure.

Looking forward to a Sioux Sweep...

We need to stay out of the box, when does the Ref schedule come out? Any chance we can get D. Sheppard this weekend to ref the games??? I was in Mankato for the Sioux Series and some of the calls were a joke...

Rich T

Looking forward to a Sioux Sweep...

We need to stay out of the box, when does the Ref schedule come out? Any chance we can get D. Sheppard this weekend to ref the games??? I was in Mankato for the Sioux Series and some of the calls were a joke...

Rich T

I noticed alot of the stuff he called in the MN and WI games this weekend where laughable as well. Lets hope he stays away from Grand Forks this weekend.

I noticed alot of the stuff he called in the MN and WI games this weekend where laughable as well. Lets hope he stays away from Grand Forks this weekend.

i have never been one to praise wcha officiating, but come on guys. we have been complaining for how many years about the obtruction, grabbing and holding that doesn't get called? the wcha, for whatever reason, is trying to do the right thing for the better of the game, give it a chance. there are going to be ALOT of penalties called this season, especially early on until teams adjust. but lets give it a chance, it will be for the better in the long run. as long as the refs are calling it consistently (which is a big IF with their track record), then we need to adjust and enjoy the faster more free flowing game.

I thought the worst call was "Tripping" on Lucia's kid in the 3rd period of Saturday's game. Good grief.

I am all for the more "Free Flowing Game", but alot of the calls we a joke...

So is the 4 ref system going to be there all year, or just the first few months again?

It just seems like every other minute there is a penalty called...It was getting ridiculous

I thought the worst call was "Tripping" on Lucia's kid in the 3rd period of Saturday's game. Good grief.

Thats the one that sticks out in my head also. I know there are going to be more penalties called in games this year, but how are teams going to adjust when D Sheppard is calling trips when a guy looses his edge? Or obstruction for trying to get in position? Its going to be a long year if he's that liberal with the whistle.

Thats the one that sticks out in my head also. I know there are going to be more penalties called in games this year, but how are teams going to adjust when D Sheppard is calling trips when a guy looses his edge? Or obstruction for trying to get in position? Its going to be a long year if he's that liberal with the whistle.

yeah, i didnt see the call, but i believe you they were ticky tack or iffy calls. the problem is the refs are adjusting too and are going to call everything out of the gate. lets hope they settle in sooner than later and start calling a consistent game. i think if the wcha officials are able to call the game the way it is intended to be with the rules in place now, wcha hockey will be a much more entertaining style of hockey to watch. the problem is, the wcha officials do not have a very good track record of being consistent, especially the past couple of seasons. i guess we will have to be optomistic and see how it pans out.

yeah, i didnt see the call, but i believe you they were ticky tack or iffy calls. the problem is the refs are adjusting too and are going to call everything out of the gate. lets hope they settle in sooner than later and start calling a consistent game. i think if the wcha officials are able to call the game the way it is intended to be with the rules in place now, wcha hockey will be a much more entertaining style of hockey to watch. the problem is, the wcha officials do not have a very good track record of being consistent, especially the past couple of seasons. i guess we will have to be optomistic and see how it pans out.

will this be something where they call a lot of penalties early in the season and then go back to their old ways? I remeber a couple of years ago there were some new rule changes implemented and it only lasted about a month. so we'll have to wait and see.

just looked again and my nhl network station shows north dakota vs wisconsin. 830 est time so yes im sure.

Dishnetwork has the game showing Friday night on NHLHD Channel 403 which I get with my Dish 250 subscription. (I don't have the NHL package) Anybody know if the broadcast will actually be in HD?