SiouxSports.com Forum

I figured out where our friend Jeff Dubay has been

Telly33

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jail isn't the answer. Given what we know about his addiction, he needs long term (at least one year, IMO) in-patient treatment. I wish him the best.

*Gophers still suck.*

I would agree, I would think Jail would be the wrong place unless he is going to get intensive drug treatment/theraphy.

I am not familiar with the Minnesota Corrections system so maybe it has this. Anyways I hope Jeff does turn it around.

We might have had our differences on hockey topics, but on this topic you and 7>5 are dead right. We are not talking about a

hockey team or rivalries, we are talking about a real life situation that he is dealing with. Jeff is a good guy and hopefully he can beat this thing.

Difference are healthy, drug addictions are not, I would never wish anything like this on anyone.

I would agree, I would think Jail would be the wrong place unless he is going to get intensive drug treatment/therapy.

I am not familiar with the Minnesota Corrections system so maybe it has this. Anyways I hope Jeff does turn it around.

Well, that's a plus Goon :)

Jail isn't the answer. Given what we know about his addiction, he needs long term (at least one year, IMO) in-patient treatment. I wish him the best.

*Gophers still suck.*

Maybe... Maybe not.

My best friend's younger brother got several drug violations and ended up a passenger in a stolen vehicle/theft combination turned high speed chase in Moorhead a few years back. He got caught (obviously). He was sent to jail.

What happened?

EVERYTHING.

His entire life turned around. In jail, he cleaned up. In jail, he somehow started making the changes down to his very basic personality that made it possible to stay clean.

3 months after his release and one drug conviction of his girlfriend later: He got full custody of his then 2 year old daughter.

Since then he's held steady employment, his girl has a steady parent that is drug free, and he now drives a 1992 Corvette when he's not toting the girl around in his 2002 Yukon. He also has a steady girlfriend that seems pretty good for him.

In patient treatment may be immensely beneficial, but sometimes, simply being locked away can do the trick.

My friend's brother swears it is the jail time that got his head put on straight.

Maybe... Maybe not.

My best friend's younger brother got several drug violations and ended up a passenger in a stolen vehicle/theft combination turned high speed chase in Moorhead a few years back. He got caught (obviously). He was sent to jail.

What happened?

EVERYTHING.

His entire life turned around. In jail, he cleaned up. In jail, he somehow started making the changes down to his very basic personality that made it possible to stay clean.

3 months after his release and one drug conviction of his girlfriend later: He got full custody of his then 2 year old daughter.

Since then he's held steady employment, his girl has a steady parent that is drug free, and he now drives a 1992 Corvette when he's not toting the girl around in his 2002 Yukon. He also has a steady girlfriend that seems pretty good for him.

In patient treatment may be immensely beneficial, but sometimes, simply being locked away can do the trick.

My friend's brother swears it is the jail time that got his head put on straight.

How does what car someone drives have anything to do with recovery? So because he is driving a vehicle, an individual is recovered? That does not make sense to me....sorry

How does what car someone drives have anything to do with recovery? So because he is driving a vehicle, an individual is recovered? That does not make sense to me....sorry

You didn't read it very well DAR.

He and his friend stole some stuff, then stole a car, and proceeded to lead the police on a high speed chase through Moorhead. He was caught and sentenced to something like 6-8 months in jail.

The jail time was what he attributed to recovery, not the crime itself.

You didn't read it very well DAR.

He and his friend stole some stuff, then stole a car, and proceeded to lead the police on a high speed chase through Moorhead. He was caught and sentenced to something like 6-8 months in jail.

The jail time was what he attributed to recovery, not the crime itself.

He meant this.

he now drives a 1992 Corvette when he's not toting the girl around in his 2002 Yukon

He meant this.

Ah.

I guess I saw it as an exclamation point. Before he went to jail, he couldn't afford anything. He mooched off anyone who would lend him a vehicle, usually his folks. He was always blowing his money on drugs and alcohol. He didn't hold any gainful employment. I'm not even sure he graduated high school.

Since he's been to jail, he obviously has stopped spending money on drugs. He now has steady employment and doesn't drink that much anymore. So, he now has money, which I tried to reflect by citing two of his three prides and joy (his 2 cars and his daughter are the three, and not in order of importance).

*Gophers still suck.*

Totally agree with you.I have been through treatment for a good period of time and it did me wonders.Jail is not the answer believe me.

• 2 weeks later...

Jail is the answer when you violate the terms of your sentence.

He's a junkie. Junkies sometimes get an opportunity to get themselves right, outside of jail, via programs. When they f up they go to jail. He has ample resources and I'm sure he's been given the benefit of the doubt above and beyond what lower class individuals would expect in his same situation.

Not a ton of sympathy for the guy. The slammer for 12-18 months is probably the best thing for him at this point. His career is over, but maybe it would scare him straight. If not then he'll just be a common junkie.

• 4 weeks later...
Very sad. Chemical dependence is an awful disease. We all need to wish him well. He is a father and husband? People need him to be well.

I'm pretty sure he's divorced but he's a son and brother so you're right, best of luck to him in fighting these demons.