SiouxSports.com Forum

I figured out where our friend Jeff Dubay has been

Telly33

Looks like an offside at 2:46 that led to a goal for Minnesota. The guy leaves the puck out of the zone, but skates in before the puck crosses the line...all while in control of the puck. That'd be an offside, correct?

By rule, it's not offside.

Preceding Puck into Attacking Zone

SECTION 38. a. Players of an attacking team must not precede the puck into

the attacking zone. For violation of this rule, the play shall be stopped

and the puck faced off in the neutral zone at the faceoff spot nearest the

attacking zone of the offending team, if the puck was carried offside.

The faceoff shall be at the nearest spot in the zone of the origin of the

pass, if passed offside.

A player in full control of the puck who crosses the blue line ahead of the

puck shall not be considered offside.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By rule, it's not offside.

Preceding Puck into Attacking Zone

SECTION 38. a. Players of an attacking team must not precede the puck into

the attacking zone. For violation of this rule, the play shall be stopped

and the puck faced off in the neutral zone at the faceoff spot nearest the

attacking zone of the offending team, if the puck was carried offside.

The faceoff shall be at the nearest spot in the zone of the origin of the

pass, if passed offside.

A player in full control of the puck who crosses the blue line ahead of the

puck shall not be considered offside.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't 100% sure on the rule myself.

• 3 months later...
I talked to him at the Final Five and he looked ok.

He obviously has a serious problem if he tested positive 12 times and still managed to skip 11 tests so far this year. Especially when he knew the tests were coming. I hope he finds a way to kick his habit.

who cares about this anyways. it has nothing to do with sioux hockey.

Some say Gopher hockey has nothing to do with Sioux hockey.....reading this forum, we know that's not true. Whenever the Gophers played the Sioux in hockey and Mr. Dubay was doing his thing, we all had a lot to say about him.

Too bad, I did not care for Puffy back in the day but obviously he faces a serious addiction problem. I don't wish that on anyone...even a Gopher fan who dislikes the Sioux.

Well said. I don't like Puffy as a UMtc fan, but it's sad to see a person go through tough times like this. Hopefully he gets better and we can love to hate him again.

Well said. I don't like Puffy as a UMtc fan, but it's sad to see a person go through tough times like this. Hopefully he gets better and we can love to hate him again.

Agree with you that I don't wish this on anyone, but think how he would be reacting to an athlete who tested like he has if he were still on the radio. I am pretty sure he wouldn't be holding back. I assume he won't be watching live hockey anytime soon. Anybody have knowledge of what kind of sentence he would get?

My father died of addiction, he could not stop drinking. Jeff Dubay is a good guy, we might not like what he says about the Sioux, but he has always said he has a lot of respect for the Sioux. I just hope that Jeff get his life in order and beats this addiction. My prayers are with him and his family.

I wouldn't wish an addiction on any one and that anyone suffering from addiction are able to recover. I have been told by people that fight addiction that it is a daily fight. I only hope Dubay can get it together and beat this thing.

I wouldn't wish an addiction on any one and that anyone suffering from addiction are able to recover. I have been told by people that fight addiction that it is a daily fight. I only hope Dubay can get it together and beat this thing.

We might have had our differences on hockey topics, but on this topic you and 7>5 are dead right. We are not talking about a

hockey team or rivalries, we are talking about a real life situation that he is dealing with. Jeff is a good guy and hopefully he can beat this thing.

We might have had our differences on hockey topics, but on this topic you and 7>5 are dead right. We are not talking about a

hockey team or rivalries, we are talking about a real life situation that he is dealing with. Jeff is a good guy and hopefully he can beat this thing.

After violating his probation...it looks like Puffy will be spending time in jail.