SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone watchng Coach Lennon today?

wyomingsiouxfan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NDSU really is a one horse show. Tyler Roehl carried their team today. That guy is a moose. I thought Fargo didn't like moose within city limits.

100% correct. I'll go on record right now. teh byesin will go winless on the road in the MVFC this season.

What would you think if your new coach blew a 20pt lead? From the SIU message board:

saluki70 wrote:

cleek wrote:

Let's shake things up and use a huddle

It is quite obvious Lennon is getting out coached at halftime...........now what can be done about?

Can him.

Tough crowd...the grass is always greener.

I was in attendance at the su - SIU football game.

Things I noticed: 1) NSDU fans still haven't let go of the rivalry no matter what they say. I heard many negative cheers that still included Sioux in them.

2) Dale and his NCC all-star coaching crew had a much better game plan going into the game and it showed in the first half.

3) 2nd half was a different story....size on the su side wore down the SIU bunch. Bohl and Staff especially W. Garza made some nice adjustments.

I assume Dale and Bubba will be looking for some bigger horses for the D-line in the next couple years.

4) The SIU LBs are quite impressive. Very quick and they match that with strength.

5) I will not be shy to say that I miss the Sioux - bison game. Being in the dome and remembering Jimmy running away from the Bison DBs amongst other memories came back to me. I want the game back and hope I don't have to wait too many more years.

Good Luck to the SIU coaching staff (except when they play the Sioux)

DI kicker needed at FargoBohl A.S.A.P!!!!

I was a little thrown off by the kickers performance today as well. SIU's kicker was dead on, but I don't know what was going on with Biebeuh(sp.) In any case. A nice comeback by the Bison today. I'm sure Dale is not going easy on his players for their stupid second half penalties that really cost them the game.

I think that it's quite funny that there is a thread about the bison game on this message board. After all, you are all the same bunch who rip bisonville for this sort of activity. what is th word i'm looking for.......hmm....oh yea. Hipocrite.

A couple thoughts from the game:

1. the bison won a hard fought game and should have won by much more. It doesn't help that we miss 3 field goals and had multiple turnovers/penalties/miscues. for a team that was supposed to be good (in the Salukis), we played a subpar game and was able to come back and win easily. Good luck to the sioux when they play Dale and the boys in november.

2. I love how the poster is talking about how "NDSU fans have not let the sioux go"..... I personally loved the t-shirts that said "sioux-lukis" and "got nickel" on the back of a southern illinois shirt. If anyone hasn't given up the rivalry it's you fellas. To come to an opposing teams game to see a headcoach who left the school (due to a highly disfunctional) AD and President seems a bit foolish to me.

My response to those guys..... "Thank you for donating to NDSU Bison Football... Your money will be well spent"

I think that it's quite funny that there is a thread about the bison game on this message board. After all, you are all the same bunch who rip bisonville for this sort of activity. what is th word i'm looking for.......hmm....oh yea. Hipocrite.

1. the bison won a hard fought game and should have won by much more. It doesn't help that we miss 3 field goals and had multiple turnovers/penalties/miscues. for a team that was supposed to be good (in the Salukis), we played a subpar game and was able to come back and win easily. Good luck to the sioux when they play Dale and the boys in november.

2. I love how the poster is talking about how "NDSU fans have not let the sioux go"..... I personally loved the t-shirts that said "sioux-lukis" and "got nickel" on the back of a southern illinois shirt. If anyone hasn't given up the rivalry it's you fellas. To come to an opposing teams game to see a headcoach who left the school (due to a highly disfunctional) AD and President seems a bit foolish to me.

My response to those guys..... "Thank you for donating to NDSU Bison Football... Your money will be well spent"

Awww.... did we hurt your feelings? You're lucky you don't play us. We'd run for over 300 yards on your D. Enjoy your five loss season.

You are funny, thanks for checking in on the board though. Were you one of the fans booing the Bison in the first half? That was great!

Actually, moron, the word you are looking for is "hypocrite." I shouldn't expect much from an "NDSUguy." Did you check the score of the game? Do you really think that you won easily? You won by 8 points and trailed at one time by 20! That's not an easy win and any coach or player will tell you that! What is so wrong with going to a game between two other schools, especially when UND had a bye week and our very beloved former head coach was back in the state with his new squad? I don't know if you know this (probably not because reading a newspaper is a real chore at Moo-U), but coach left UND because he was approached by an established DI school. It had ZERO to do with the AD situation or the President situation, both of which he knew would be fixed before long. At UND we support past players and coaches even if they aren't with the team anymore. Your post, sir, is the most moronic thing I've seen on here all day. Go back to enjoying today's victory, and oh yeah, there is sh*t to be shoveled and cows to milk, you should get after that!

My initial response at reading a bit of your post: :(

My final response after reading the whole thing: :(

Actually, moron, the word you are looking for is "hypocrite." I shouldn't expect much from an "NDSUguy." Did you check the score of the game? Do you really think that you won easily? You won by 8 points and trailed at one time by 20! That's not an easy win and any coach or player will tell you that! What is so wrong with going to a game between two other schools, especially when UND had a bye week and our very beloved former head coach was back in the state with his new squad? I don't know if you know this (probably not because reading a newspaper is a real chore at Moo-U), but coach left UND because he was approached by an established DI school. It had ZERO to do with the AD situation or the President situation, both of which he knew would be fixed before long. At UND we support past players and coaches even if they aren't with the team anymore. Your post, sir, is the most moronic thing I've seen on here all day. Go back to enjoying today's victory, and oh yeah, there is sh*t to be shoveled and cows to milk, you should get after that!

I don't know if you know this (probably not because reading a newspaper is a real chore at Moo-U), but coach left UND because he was approached by an established DI school. It had ZERO to do with the AD situation or the President situation, both of which he knew would be fixed before long.

As Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast my friend". This quote in Wayne Nelson's coverage raised my eyebrows this morning.

In the quietness of the Fargodome, Bubba Schweigert

Bubba came to SIU from Minnesota Duluth. He had been away from UND for 4 years before he got hired by Coach Lennon at SIU. And yes, I talked to a few of the coaches after the game and they said that they do get a lot of support down at SIU. They also said that they have great facilities and very talented players. What do you excpect them to say that everything there is a disaster and they all wish they never left? I guess my eyebrows never raised when I read the quote and talked to them yesterday but you can keep turning things to make them sound how you want them to sound.

Don't be so testy. After the compare/contrast questions the staff has fielded all week to the old rivalry, it's clear no one's asking about how SIU compares to the Duluth job. While I'd agree the SIU job stands on it's own merits, I disagree the administrative upheaval had ZERO (as the poster put it) to do with Dale taking the job. Of course, we can only speculate, but without speculation on a message board, there's not much left.

Another Byesin sellout with many dressed as blue seats again!

Do you people really think the NDSU Administration would announce a sellout 3 weeks before the game if there were actually tickets left to sell? You people are the real idiots if you think that. There will always be some people that have tickets that can't make it, and the only place there were many empty blue seats were up in the SIU section.

And yes, NDSU should have won that game by 17-24 points if we had a kicker. NDSU had to punt once the entire game. They were stopping themselves.

I say they lose @ UNI and beat both Missouri State and Illinois State on the road in the MVFC. They will beat WIU at home next week by 24.

Do you people really think the NDSU Administration would announce a sellout 3 weeks before the game if there were actually tickets left to sell? You people are the real idiots if you think that. There will always be some people that have tickets that can't make it, and the only place there were many empty blue seats were up in the SIU section.

And yes, NDSU should have won that game by 17-24 points if we had a kicker. NDSU had to punt once the entire game. They were stopping themselves.

I say they lose @ UNI and beat both Missouri State and Illinois State on the road in the MVFC. They will beat WIU at home next week by 24.

Honestly, you think Byesin fans would have learned their lessons about predicting blowout victories. Your team is going to get run over next weekend. WIU will absolutely kick your ass.

Honestly, you think Byesin fans would have learned their lessons about predicting blowout victories. Your team is going to get run over next weekend. WIU will absolutely kick your ass.

No kidding. BI-son fans make me laugh, more than gopher, badger, and other program's fans. I really do think the term "little brothers" applies to the folks in Fargo.

I was at the game yesterday and I think that SIU could be saying the same thing. Their lack of dicipline not only kept a few Bison drives going, it really put thier backs against the wall with field position in the second half. It allowed the Bison to start on the forty on the opening drive in the second half. Than on the following kickoff it made them start at the ten yard line instead of around the twenty. It also gave the Bison another four down to score a TD instead of settling for a FG to be up six instead of ten. Don't get me wrong, the Bison played a very good second half and did look good, but I also saw SIU stop themselves. These penalties where all stupid penalties and the SIU coaches admitted they where undisciplined penalties that have haunted SIU all year. They to could have easily won that game by 17-24 points if they would not have stopped themselves in the second half. What are your thoughts on that nd1sufan? Just curious.

It was a great game to see, one of the best I've been too. Good crowd, good teams IMO. Lennon is a great coach, he has a hell of a runningback that's for sure.

As far as being bitter, I personally did hear quite a few bison suck chants from the sioux fans behind us. I told the lady to win 7 more national championships, you wanna talk about bitter??? I can't even repeat what she and her 2 friends told me. The rivalry def. is not dead, especially when we have Sioux fans coming to our games with specially made t-shirts, wow, I wonder who is really hanging on, sioux or bison. Do you guys get many bison fans at your games talking lots of smack?

It was a great game to see, one of the best I've been too. Good crowd, good teams IMO. Lennon is a great coach, he has a hell of a runningback that's for sure.

As far as being bitter, I personally did hear quite a few bison suck chants from the sioux fans behind us. I told the lady to win 7 more national championships, you wanna talk about bitter??? I can't even repeat what she and her 2 friends told me. The rivalry def. is not dead, especially when we have Sioux fans coming to our games with specially made t-shirts, wow, I wonder who is really hanging on, sioux or bison. Do you guys get many bison fans at your games talking lots of smack?

No they usually just submit hate letters to any newspaper in the country that has a positive comment about UND. They also enjoy calling calling up the local media to scream everytime Sioux athletics gets a news story or headline. The rivalry will never be dead even if we don't play for another hundred years. Neither fan base will ever move on. If you need evidence just go to Byesinville and tell me if those idiots have moved on. This rivalry will last as long as the two institutions exist.

I was at the game yesterday and I think that SIU could be saying the same thing. Their lack of dicipline not only kept a few Bison drives going, it really put thier backs against the wall with field position in the second half. It allowed the Bison to start on the forty on the opening drive in the second half. Than on the following kickoff it made them start at the ten yard line instead of around the twenty. It also gave the Bison another four down to score a TD instead of settling for a FG to be up six instead of ten. Don't get me wrong, the Bison played a very good second half and did look good, but I also saw SIU stop themselves. These penalties where all stupid penalties and the SIU coaches admitted they where undisciplined penalties that have haunted SIU all year. They to could have easily won that game by 17-24 points if they would not have stopped themselves in the second half. What are your thoughts on that nd1sufan? Just curious.

SIU only had 41 yards of O (2nd half) until the last drive in the 4th quarter. I think that was the deal breaker. I think the penalties evened out for the halves as far as stopping or helping any one team.