SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

-Zach Parise scored a nice breakaway goal in OT to give the Devils a 2-1 win over Montreal. Zajac with the lone assist.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?h...mp;event=MTL678

-Travis Zajac with a goal tonight as well (Parise gets an assist)

-Jonathan Toews scored a goal in Chicago's 6-5 shootout loss to the Minnesota Wild.

-Drew Stafford with a goal and an assist in Buffalo's 4-3 loss to the Colorado Avalanche.

-TJ Oshie scored an unassisted goal for the Blues. They lead Los Angeles 4-2 in the 3rd period.

-Zach Parise scored a nice breakaway goal in OT to give the Devils a 2-1 win over Montreal. Zajac with the lone assist.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?h...mp;event=MTL678

-Travis Zajac with a goal tonight as well (Parise gets an assist)

-Jonathan Toews scored a goal in Chicago's 6-5 shootout loss to the Minnesota Wild.

-Drew Stafford with a goal and an assist in Buffalo's 4-3 loss to the Colorado Avalanche.

-TJ Oshie scored an unassisted goal for the Blues. They lead Los Angeles 4-2 in the 3rd period.

Slackers :lol:

Well, Drury did block a shot with his sternum last night, looked pretty bad.

Media sources say Zach's linemate Langenbrunner will wear the "C"

Wow, I assumed the "C" would be worn by Drury. I see he's not even going to be wearing an "A".

Team USA's alternate captains will be Zach Parise of the Devils, Ryan Suter of the Nashville Predators, Brian Rafalski of the Detroit Red Wings and Dustin Brown of the Los Angeles Kings. The four players will alternate wearing the 'A' throughout the Olympic tournament.

If that's the case, why even take Drury on this team?

Wow, I assumed the "C" would be worn by Drury. I see he's not even going to be wearing an "A".

If that's the case, why even take Drury on this team?

Maybe there's an obligation to take one has been on every Olympic team just for auld lang syne?

I mean, Chelios made the last one...

CHN - ALL DECADE TEAMS

SECOND TEAM

F Zach Parise -- North Dakota (2002-04)

One of only two two-year players in the list, Parise dominated in that time, going 49-67--116. Despite a 30-win campaign in 2003-04, North Dakota didn't make the Frozen Four, and coach Dean Blais left after that season for the NHL. So did Parise. After famously falling in the first round of the NHL Draft, New Jersey Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello traded up to grab him, and all he's done is become the best goal-scoring American of his generation. Parise, who had 45 goals in the NHL last season, was just named to the U.S. Olympic team.

WOW!!

This thread was started July 1, 2003 by schmidtdoggydog, about the Blues resigning Panzer.

Wonder how many former players have been mentioned in here. We do have many to brag about. :(

I wonder when was the last time schmidtdoggydogposted in the thread?

WOW!!

This thread was started July 1, 2003 by schmidtdoggydog, about the Blues resigning Panzer.

Wonder how many former players have been mentioned in here. We do have many to brag about. :(

great post SM, just an amazing string of players mentioned on this board. nhl stars to olympians to career echl/ahl/europe guys, this univesity has produced some great players over the years. fun to look back and check out.

here is my most current list. there may be a few that are off ahl/nhl wise but if anyone has info on others you see incorrect please notify me. thanks for the help

Former Players link

if any hockeydb.com links dont work some of the overseas players can be found searching here eurohockey.net - player search

side notes - goren has put on many many jerseys, wow. schneider plays for a team called the rosters! awesome :lol: jpar back in austria, wonder if he and ducan hobey play against each other? duncan has 43 points in 40gp - watkins sticking in AHL and has 10 points in 21 gp

is brad williamson done? hes not showing 09-10 stats

also david lundbohm?

lando wilson? just showing 6gp this season in AHL

brad defauw? im guessing hes retired

is brad miller injured? just showing 16gp for idaho?

bryan lundbohm released from syracuse, i think he was injured but not sure if hes signed anywhere else?

radke is on injured reserve for idaho

zach jones is out with a injured knee for south carolina

finley is on injured list for south carolina as well

matt jones hasnt played this season, i read he had some sort of issue injury wise i believe

not sure what kind of league martens is in but good for him having 20 points in 15 gp

great post SM, just an amazing string of players mentioned on this board. nhl stars to olympians to career echl/ahl/europe guys, this univesity has produced some great players over the years. fun to look back and check out.

here is my most current list. there may be a few that are off ahl/nhl wise but if anyone has info on others you see incorrect please notify me. thanks for the help

Former Players link

if any hockeydb.com links dont work some of the overseas players can be found searching here eurohockey.net - player search

side notes - goren has put on many many jerseys, wow. schneider plays for a team called the rosters! awesome :( jpar back in austria, wonder if he and ducan hobey play against each other? duncan has 43 points in 40gp - watkins sticking in AHL and has 10 points in 21 gp

also david lundbohm?

bryan lundbohm released from syracuse, i think he was injured but not sure if hes signed anywhere else?

matt jones hasnt played this season, i read he had some sort of issue injury wise i believe

not sure what kind of league martens is in but good for him having 20 points in 15 gp

Bina is playing for Las Vegas/San Antonio along with Watkins this year.

Bryan Lundbohm is playing in Norway now.

I'm not sure of the team though...

I graduated from high school with his wife, so I only know that because she said so on her facebook account. :(

Former Players link

side notes - goren has put on many many jerseys, wow. schneider plays for a team called the rosters! awesome :) jpar back in austria, wonder if he and ducan hobey play against each other? duncan has 43 points in 40gp - watkins sticking in AHL and has 10 points in 21 gp

also david lundbohm?

Kyle Radke traded from Idaho to Utah!

"Steelheads acquire Friesen from Utah

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

(Boise, ID)

One of the greatest Sioux players to ever wear #7, Troy Murray, is being honored tonight by the Blackhawks for his contributions as a player and as the Blackhawks radio color commentator for years.

1980-82 55g 74a 129pts

One of the stories involving Troy was a game in which he lost the faceoff in the Wisconsin's zone and a Wisconsin player shot it down the length of the ice and it got by goaltender Jon Casey ala Frazee. the story goes that when Murray got back to the bench his comment was, "Guess I should've won the faceoff." :)