SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Chanting crowd gives Oshie a moment to remember

Breaking in on left wing, Oshie left one defender on the ice at the blue line and then utilized the crossing movement of Blues rookie center Patrik Berglund as he made his way toward open ice at the side of the net.

Canucks defenseman Mattias Ohlund was left grasping at air as Oshie cut back across the slot toward the right side. Oshie still had Canucks all-star goalie Roberto Luongo in his way, but not for long thanks to his patience with the puck.

"I knew I was going to wait him out, or try to at least," Oshie explained. "Fortunately, when I looked up at him, he was already down and sprawling out, so I just had to hold onto it a little bit longer."

Oshie did, then fired a perfect wrist shot up under the crossbar into an empty net as the crowd went wild.

I would love to see a clip of this one.

Creamed him again today

sweet and that other one wasnt dirty. thats the problem imo is that if you get leveled legally and clean then you get targeted. keep your head up if you dont want to get hit. if tj didnt get injured he would be a prime candidate for roy

It was not dirty at all

The hit itself may not have been dirty, but it looked like charging to me.

Oshie came cross wise from the blue line directly for Nash. He hesitated only once, pretty much to make sure Nash was going to touch the puck. It was a penalty... 2 minutes for charging, imo.

It looks like Columbus, including Commy, has formed a new rivalry with the Blues, especially Oshie. Osh had a good hit on Nash last night, but the one today was a little dirty. T.J. has been booed all game long.

That was not a dirty hit at all, I saw the play Nash came at Oshie to check him and Oshie layed the hammer down on him.

It just looked to me that he might have cross checked Nash with the end of his stick a little bit, that's the only reason I called it dirty. Oshie did not get a penalty for it, but the Blues killed the Jackets in the end. Overall, Oshie looked good, had a sick little move that beat the d and Mason in the first period.

The guy's fishing for something good for Columbus on the hit. First, it's Nash going for the big hit on Oshie, then it's Oshie with the cross-check, then it's an elbow. Ha. Not one thing remotely cheap on that hit. Nash just learned the same thing that Russian guy did in the WJC. If you line up TJ for the big hit when he's carrying the puck, get ready to be inspecting the rafters with your butt on the ice. At least Nash held on to his stick, unlike the Russian.

osh is great... and those announcers were just grasping for something to make it an illegal hit to justify why nash ended up on his ass again. i like nash, he is a hell of a player, but both were clean hits, and nash was the one trying to get osh on the second one, better be ready if you think you are going to take osh off his skates. all i can say is wow, what a dude. it sure was fun watching him do that night in and night out for three years.

New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers on Versus right now.

Jersey's team is quickly folding, after being so strong all year. Their defensemen have stopped challenging forwards and are standing flat footed, and Brodeur is facing a ton of shots, thus letting in more goals. The other Achille's heal for this team, any team who plays physical against them usually ends up winning. That's been Jersey's week spot for the past 4 or 5 years (since losing Stevens). They'll be lucky to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, unless they seriously alter their play.

Jersey's team is quickly folding, after being so strong all year. Their defensemen have stopped challenging forwards and are standing flat footed, and Brodeur is facing a ton of shots, thus letting in more goals. The other Achille's heal for this team, any team who plays physical against them usually ends up winning. That's been Jersey's week spot for the past 4 or 5 years (since losing Stevens). They'll be lucky to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, unless they seriously alter their play.

As a Bruins fan I am cool with that. :lol: They have fallen to third after closing within 3 points of the Division lead.

Since they Bruins pounded them they haven't won IIRC.

As a Bruins fan I am cool with that. :lol: They have fallen to third after closing within 3 points of the Division lead.

Since they Bruins pounded them they haven't won IIRC.

That's correct. Bruins, Flyers and Rangers were all very physical against the Devils and completely dominated the game. Devils almost beat the Blackhawks and Hurricanes, but lost close ones. Games become much more physical once playoffs start, and the Devils will be in a world of hurt when that happens. I want to see Parise and Zajac win a cup, but with this current makeup, they don't stand a chance.