SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Are you f'n kidding me? Go back to page 3 of this thread and read post #42. For f*ck's sake, it's obvious you haven't been paying attention. :huh:

I am NOT happy about the Sioux playing Texas Tech. I'm singing the same exact tune that I always have and always will, I-AA teams don't belong on the same field as D1 teams. It makes no difference who wins or who is better, you could rephrase it to say D1 teams don't belong on the same field as I-AA teams. Either way, the statement has the same meaning.

The two divisions compete for two different championships, and therefore I don't feel that any team from one division belongs on the same field as any team from the other division. Not a fan of D1 vs. I-AA matchups, period. I realize that some of the best I-AA teams are in fact better than the bottom feeders of D1, but that is beside the point. They compete for two different championships.

Same Divisoin Dave, different sub-divisions. They play in the same Division, DI. FBS/FCS games are good for college football, and even better when the games are competitive. This will be a good game and a good test for UND. Thankfully it's next year, so there is a year to grow the program.

I would assume that NDBison40 's Ist post will also be his last post. He will never get his foot out of his mouth.

[/quot

'

Hey Dagger, when you learn how to use an I and a 1 then i'll take your post seriously...........read your comment and you'll know what i'm getting at.......just goes to show the mentality of the SUE fans......with that said go lay by your dish

Hey Dagger, when you learn how to use an I and a 1 then i'll take your post seriously...........read your comment and you'll know what i'm getting at.......just goes to show the mentality of the SUE fans......with that said go lay by your dish

SIOUX, you want respect on a SIOUX message board than spell our name right. To do anything else is childish, as is telling someone to go and lay by their dish. You don't like what someone is writing, you have the choice to ignore them....it is a free country. You are a good person, I am sure as are most Sioux fans and most Bison fans. Why not be one of the good ones and not one of the ones that everyone is ashamed of having in their sports family.

I don't care if you call it a subdivision or a division. The terminology makes no difference, the fact of the matter is that they are competing for two different championships. I like to watch D1 teams vs. other D1 teams, and I-AA teams vs. other I-AA teams. That's my personal preference. Am I not entitled to that?

All FBS and FCS games are DI vs. DI if you don't like to use the CORRECT terms at least use I-A and I-AA as both are DI.

All FBS and FCS games are DI vs. DI if you don't like to use the CORRECT terms at least use I-A and I-AA as both are DI.

Or D1 and D1-JV which would be the clearest way to define the difference. It maybe POLITICALLY CORRECT to use FBS and FCS but it is still very common for large schools to refer to "1-AA" games and have fans groan when schedules come out with a 1-AA game. Even more so than when hockey powers schedule RIT, Wayne State like teams, even though they are all the same classification.

Just got my issue of ESPN the magazine in the mail and noticed a very interesting article on Texas Tech's WR, Michael Crabtree. Bruce Feldman seems to think that he may be the best college wideout ever.

I really wish that Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams would have won their lawsuits against the NFL a few years back. This kid sounds like a freak. :silly: Unfortunately, he will still be a junior when we play Texas Tech next season. Thank goodness Graham Harrell won't still be around.

All of this national notoriety for Texas Tech makes it that much more exciting for the game next year though. Should be a fun week.

Just got my issue of ESPN the magazine in the mail and noticed a very interesting article on Texas Tech's WR, Michael Crabtree. Bruce Feldman seems to think that he may be the best college wideout ever.

I really wish that Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams would have won their lawsuits against the NFL a few years back. This kid sounds like a freak. :silly: Unfortunately, he will still be a junior when we play Texas Tech next season. Thank goodness Graham Harrell won't still be around.

All of this national notoriety for Texas Tech makes it that much more exciting for the game next year though. Should be a fun week.

I thought the rule was that a player had to be out of high school for three years to qualify for the NFL draft. If he red-shirted, wouldn't his sophomore year make his third year out of HS? Hopefully he is gone next year. :silly:

I thought the rule was that a player had to be out of high school for three years to qualify for the NFL draft. If he red-shirted, wouldn't his sophomore year make his third year out of HS? Hopefully he is gone next year. :silly:

For some reason, I tend to think that guys like Michael Crabtree don't redshirt. Maybe I am wrong.

EDIT: I digress, he did indeed redshirt according to this player bio. My bad. If that is the case, then he will indeed be gone, no question. 1st round pick.

For some reason, I tend to think that guys like Michael Crabtree don't redshirt. Maybe I am wrong.

And hands. And smarts. In fact, ask anyone who knows Crabtree how a redshirt freshman who never played wideout can catch 134 passes for 1,962 yards and 22 TDs, and each will give you a different answer. We know

I don't care if you call it a subdivision or a division. The terminology makes no difference, the fact of the matter is that they are competing for two different championships. I like to watch D1 teams vs. other D1 teams, and I-AA teams vs. other I-AA teams. That's my personal preference. Am I not entitled to that?

I like to watch DI FCS teams beat FBS conference champions, Big Ten teams, and grab national media attention. Don't you? The more DI vs DI games, the better!

You, errrrr, not so much! You'd rather watch them play DII's and wallow in anonimity? That sound about right? Yep, you are entitled, but you're not in the majority.

I'll call it what I want to call it. I-AA is not D1 as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not in the minority nationwide.

You also have the right to believe or claim that 2+2=5, or that the sun rises in the west, but you would be factually incorrect...the same as you would be by saying FCS or I-AA is not D-I.

Divisions I and I-AA are two different classifications. Get over your damn insecurities already.

No they aren't different. Division I-A (FBS) and Division I-AA (FCS) are different classifications. There is not just one divison 1 classification, no matter what teams people think of when they hear it.

No they aren't different. Division I-A (FBS) and Division I-AA (FCS) are different classifications. There is not just one divison 1 classification, no matter what teams people think of when they hear it.

Wrong . . . there is just one DI Classification. Within DI, for football only, there are two sub-divisions, but both are within the DI Classification. Read your handbook, and get your facts straight man.

Wrong . . . there is just one DI Classification. Within DI, for football only, there are two sub-divisions, but both are within the DI Classification. Read your handbook, and get your facts straight man.

I was using classification as a substitute for the word group since I haven't read the handbook (and why would I?). I use divisions so when I used classification, I really was talking about sub divisions. Sorry about the confusion.

Each (sub)division is a different classification of football. They compete for two different championships.

WRONG!

Football CHAMPIONSHIP Subdivision (FCS) competes for the NCAA DI Football Championship

Football BOWL Subdivison (FBS) competes in selected Bowl games the BCS which is not sponsored by the NCAA

so looks like the only DI championship in football is awarded to the schools in DI FCS football.

What a stupid and painful argument you guys are having. You have managed to turn a perfectly good thread into complete garbage. I had a hard time trying to find the last post that was actually about the 2009 schedules and beyond. Can we just get back on topic please?

Well I will give it a shot....What are the chances of Northern Iowa coming up here to play since we went down there two years ago?

Well I will give it a shot....What are the chances of Northern Iowa coming up here to play since we went down there two years ago?

IMO, no chance in hell. All because we went down there in 2006 and took them down in their own house. There may have been a verbal agreement on hold until the final whistle blew that day in Cedar Falls. I'm guessing the agreement was off shortly thereafter.

IMO, no chance in hell. All because we went down there in 2006 and took them down in their own house. There may have been a verbal agreement on hold until the final whistle blew that day in Cedar Falls. I'm guessing the agreement was off shortly thereafter.

Sounds like they is "yella" to me!

Since we are scheduled with Texas Tech (which i don't see any school connection, but whatever) is there any chance of more Big 12 teams like Iowa State, Nebraska, Colorado or any Kansas schools?? I point out about the school connection cause it seems the Sioux play big name teams with a connection only like basketball with Kansas and Iowa State.

Any truth to this? I believe that at the time UND had not decided to reclassify to D1. If that is true, I do not believe that UNI would have ever agreed to play AT a D2 school.