SiouxSports.com Forum

Mayor Of Grand Forks

GF_siouxfan

Who's #1 on SS  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to win the Local Election?

• Mike McNamara
    • Mike Brown
    • Larry Humble
  2. 2. Who has the best chance at winning?

• Mike McNamara
    • Mike Brown
    • Larry Humble
  3. 3. Who is the least qualified for this position?

• Mike McNamara
    • Larry Humble

Probably doesn't have anything to do with the race for Mayor, but...........

Mayor/Dr. Mike Brown talked a single OB patient of his into NOT having her tubes tied, after the birth of her 3rd child. Even though she wanted to after baby #2, he still wouldnt do it after baby #3.

Ladies and gentlemen, your tax dollars at work. Yes, you we are paying to help raise these 3 children. I have to wonder how many more people he has talked out of some sort of birth control. :)

Mayor/Dr. Mike Brown talked a single OB patient of his into NOT having her tubes tied, after the birth of her 3rd child. Even though she wanted to after baby #2, he still wouldnt do it after baby #3.

Ladies and gentlemen, your tax dollars at work. Yes, you we are paying to help raise these 3 children. I have to wonder how many more people he has talked out of some sort of birth control. :)

[/quote

How are you sure it's your/our tax dollars at work. Seems to me you are getting a little huffy over something that you provide no proof for. There's a reason not to vote for a guy for mayor! geesh

How are you sure it's your/our tax dollars at work. Seems to me you are getting a little huffy over something that you provide no proof for. There's a reason not to vote for a guy for mayor! geesh

Who pays for:

Housing assistance

Daycare assistance

Medical assistance

Food stamps

I dont live in GF, so I cant vote one way or the other. Not huffy either. But I'm not a fan of a Dr. that wont provide a medical procedure that someone requests. I'll bring this up again after baby #4 is born, and he still wont provide the procedure.

Who pays for:

Housing assistance

Daycare assistance

Medical assistance

Food stamps

I dont live in GF, so I cant vote one way or the other. Not huffy either. But I'm not a fan of a Dr. that wont provide a medical procedure that someone requests. I'll bring this up again after baby #4 is born, and he still wont provide the procedure.

I apologize for jumping the gun on you. I guess my only question is are you positive that this person receives these things? If that is the case, then I will agree with you. Sorry for comin across as somewhat of a horses a$$. :)

I apologize for jumping the gun on you. I guess my only question is are you positive that this person receives these things? If that is the case, then I will agree with you. Sorry for comin across as somewhat of a horses a$$. ???

Yes, I am positive on all of these.

Apology accepted, besides, I like horses. :)

Not to pile on here, but can't she say "no" to the men that she is involved with. Seems that would solve the problem and wouldn't cost any medical bills or insurance expenses.

Wouldn't that be nice if that were the case of thousands of women in this world. :)

As another person who has since left GF and thus will not be voting in the mayoral election I can't help but weigh in. Mike Brown has to be one of the worst mayors in the history of GF. He cares about no one but himself and Altru (Allscrew?) and has basically done their bidding since his election. He hates UND students and could honestly care less about the well-being and prosperity of the citizens of Grand Forks. His true colors were on display when he killed the cancer clinic so Altru wouldn't have another competitor. Those were high-paying jobs he chased out of town. Secondly, his comments and behavior when they were changing the zoning laws to screw over UND students a few years ago were absolutely disgraceful. The citizens of GF would be absolute idiots to elect this loser again.

As another person who has since left GF and thus will not be voting in the mayoral election I can't help but weigh in. Mike Brown has to be one of the worst mayors in the history of GF. He cares about no one but himself and Altru (Allscrew?) and has basically done their bidding since his election. He hates UND students and could honestly care less about the well-being and prosperity of the citizens of Grand Forks. His true colors were on display when he killed the cancer clinic so Altru wouldn't have another competitor. Those were high-paying jobs he chased out of town. Secondly, his comments and behavior when they were changing the zoning laws to screw over UND students a few years ago were absolutely disgraceful. The citizens of GF would be absolute idiots to elect this loser again.

Amen

I left town many years ago, but still visit often. The one thing I can't reconcile is how high the property taxes are for GF residents, while receiving very little in return.

I had a gazebo put on my deck and my property taxes increased more than $700. When I asked why, the answer was because it was considered a part of the house! ??? I asked if my taxes would have increased it I had the gazebo put in the yard and the answer was yes. $4000. gazebo = $700+/yr more in property taxes. :)

My taxes are well over $3000. a year and my house was built in 1960!! Small four bedroom, lot and a half, corner lot, older neighborhood!

Isn't Dr Brown Catholic? Is it not against Catholic Church policy (not Catholic myself) to allow sterilization? Many Catholic hospitals won't allow it. It may be that he's just following through on his beliefs.

I had a gazebo put on my deck and my property taxes increased more than $700. When I asked why, the answer was because it was considered a part of the house! ??? I asked if my taxes would have increased it I had the gazebo put in the yard and the answer was yes. $4000. gazebo = $700+/yr more in property taxes. :)

My taxes are well over $3000. a year and my house was built in 1960!! Small four bedroom, lot and a half, corner lot, older neighborhood!

That is totally ridiculous. The taxes for my whole house (in a pretty decent area) is a little more than $700 (but homeowners insurance (after the hurricanes) is almost $1400!).

But for the most part, the school system here really sucks (unless you get your kids in select magnet schools) or live in two or three neighborhoods in the entire county of 500,000 that have decent high schools. A significant fraction of the middle class send their kids here to private (mostly chuch school) for $3000 or more / child. The upper crust sends their kids to elite schools where tuition exceeds $10,000.

Isn't Dr Brown Catholic? Is it not against Catholic Church policy (not Catholic myself) to allow sterilization? Many Catholic hospitals won't allow it. It may be that he's just following through on his beliefs.

I don't know if he is Catholic, and I do know sterilization is against Catholic beliefs, but Altru is not a Catholic hospital and offers sterilization procudures. His beliefs, if that is why he didn't want to do the tubal, should not sway anothers request (she is not Catholic).

I know that Dr. Brown does sterilizations. I wonder if there is another side to the story. I know that there have been times when a patient I have seen has told family/friends something entirely different than what I have done or told them. This woman may not want to be sterilized and is telling people Dr. Brown won't tie her tubes because if she tells people the truth they won't like it. Plausible?

Welcome to my world, I am voting for Major Mac. I am affraid that we are stuck with Brown again for another four years.

Brown won, according to the Herald results. The big surprise to me was Grand Forks ward 1 voting in Terry "I'm gonna vote no on everything" Bjerke.

If Bjerke had had one challenger instead of two, he wouldn't have won. Pearson and Hilliard split the anti-Bjerke vote. Maybe council meetings will be more entertaining with Bjerke's ranting and raving. I suspect we'll have a lot of 6-1 votes with Bjerke being the 1.

The link below has all the Grand Forks County Election Results:

Grand Forks County Primary Election Results

The Riverside Pool also won big.